PDA

View Full Version : Creak Creak

aballz
08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
So i'm on the the g35 board just reading about their common problems and such and i come up to one regarding creaking sounds which reminded of the creak my celi makes. I was once told by a girl i was dating thats not very knowledgable about cars saying the creaking is caused by the dent around the passenger-side quarter panel close to the wheel. At the time i thought this was a logical explanation and it still could be but i wanted everyone's opinion on this.

The creak only occurs when i'm accelerating or decelerating. I don't hear anything while i'm driving on highways or when i go over bumps locally. It's coming from the passenger right side. From what i read on the g35 forum is that it could be bushing or parts of the suspension was loose or bolts not tightened. I'm not a mechanic so i t would probably be hard if i tried to diagnose it myself but i'd be willing to try. Why i somewhat doubt the caused by the dent theory is because i don't think minor acceleration or deceleration causes that much stress on the frame of the car which would cause it to creak everytime. I wish i could take a picture to show u the dent but is closer to where the rear bumper connects than the wheel well. But i somewhat believe the dent is the cause of the sound because as i go over bumps and drive on the highways(and you know they're not always even roads) there's no creaking.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

alltracman78
08-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Edited title to clarify....
And for spelling.

You need to narrow it down more.
Maybe get back there and try to see if anything is loose.

aballz
08-25-2006, 09:10 PM
It doesn't make any sound when it's not moving. I don't know much about suspensions but i guess i'll try to compare the left side to the right. Will i be able to go under without lifting the car?

alltracman78
08-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Depends how big you are.....
Give it a try.

BEAMS
08-27-2006, 12:01 AM
How many miles are on it?

aballz
08-27-2006, 03:43 AM
103xxx