PDA

View Full Version : hehe , i think i started something

85gtsblackman
08-23-2006, 10:25 PM
so the last few months everytime i go somewhere someone comes up to me and starts a convo about my 3rd gen , and wants to know about it, then they get a big suprize when i tell them its a rwd celica, then i get the people that think its a supra.

then the kid down the street from me with a 240 comes and checks it out and basicly tells me my car is a better car than the 240 :shrug:

oh well everyone loves the 3rd gen, i love it, i call it my kid :hehe:

im still trying to find a 22rte to swap in or another engine to rebuild, im just gonna work on this thing n/a wise till it dies,

left to do

fix exaust manifold gasket and dp leak, get bigger dp
put in 280 degree cam
60mmtb
find 4 good replacement injectors

then im done till i find a good motor to rebuild to fi, the 22re is boost friendly

Cavanagh
08-23-2006, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't mind rockin a 3rd gen, seem to me they're harder to find..whats the years on them? 80-85?

ciento44
08-23-2006, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't mind rockin a 3rd gen, seem to me they're harder to find..whats the years on them? 80-85?

You're so confusing... you hate boxes and older cars, but you like 3rd gens?

You didn't like that Starion that i was looking at, and it looks almost exactly the same. :P

85gtsblackman
08-24-2006, 12:14 AM
starion = unreliable

umm they are all over ebay, and usally are not that much

and theres a show condition rare one fore sale on the gts boards

ciento44
08-24-2006, 12:54 AM
starion = unreliable

umm they are all over ebay, and usally are not that much

and theres a show condition rare one fore sale on the gts boards

Starion being unreliable is kindof a stereotype... they're unreliable if you beat the snot out of them day after day after day.

But, if you're good to them, they're good to you, just like any other car.

The main problem is that they're old... 80s turbo cars...

Cavanagh
08-24-2006, 05:42 AM
You're so confusing... you hate boxes and older cars, but you like 3rd gens?

You didn't like that Starion that i was looking at, and it looks almost exactly the same. :P
Ok cient, you got it backwards....I LIKED the starion, but i don't like the 4th gen celicas, i DO like 1,2,3,5,6(somtimes) celicas...remeber it k? :lolhittin

convertiblechick
08-24-2006, 06:06 AM
my neighborhood has tons of fifth and fourth gens.no newer either. mine is the purtiest of 'em all :wiggle:

85gtsblackman
08-24-2006, 06:45 AM
well your purdy yourself now come see me

anywho

3rd gen was made from 82-85

meanwhile those guys on the gts boards beat and rag the hell outta those cars and they are still going strong with 3-600+k

22re = bad ass motor

22rte = even more badass motor and i know a guy that has over 400k on his rte and all he majorly did to it was new headgaskets w/timing chain services (no blown headgasket) and replaced the turbo, hes the original owner

lets see a turbo mitsu do that

ciento44
08-24-2006, 03:46 PM
well your purdy yourself now come see me

anywho

3rd gen was made from 82-85

meanwhile those guys on the gts boards beat and rag the hell outta those cars and they are still going strong with 3-600+k

22re = bad ass motor

22rte = even more badass motor and i know a guy that has over 400k on his rte and all he majorly did to it was new headgaskets w/timing chain services (no blown headgasket) and replaced the turbo, hes the original owner

lets see a turbo mitsu do that

Oh, i know the 2.6litre turbo in the Starion won't do that... but it also makes a hell of a lot more power. :P

I'm just tweaking ya. I still want a third gen...

3rd gen > Starion.

Oh, and Cavanaugh... you LIKE 2nd gens? :squint:

They're fugly.