PDA

View Full Version : Backfire and acceleration Problem HELP!!!!!!

BlackOut
08-23-2006, 08:47 PM
I am just going to lst the problem and see if someone can help......

92 celica gt 2.2, A/T
1. Backfiring (well not really backfiring but loud explosions in exhast somewhere between headers and cat.)
2. When gas pedel is pressed all the way to the floor it will rev up but it still will only be going about 5 mph or less. And every time I press down on the gas pedel it makes the "backfire thing above" happen.
3. In park or neutral it idles fine but in drive or reverse it drops down to below 400 and tries to cut off.
4. Battery doesn't hold charge (jump started it and let it idle for 10-15 minutes turned it off and then right back on and it would only make the click sound) (Battery only 2 months olds)
5. Don't know it this matter but also the windows, door locks, sunroof, a/c blower don't work happened at about the same time as the other problem with relay or fuse deals with all thoose things.

Please respond asap becasue my car is sittin in a 7-11 parking lot with the windows down, and i have no money to get it towed.

extremeskillz
08-23-2006, 08:49 PM
#1-3 = that means you either have terrible timing issues or you have a hole in your exhaust or you need a major tune up. Also about you reverse i had the same issue when you put in reverse it dies kind of. Its definiatly needing a tune up.

4= becauese your car is not running correctly your using more power and the alternator in not meeting demand. Or you alternator is cooked. Or starter relay is starting tell you its ready to go. I had the same issue but in my case my car blacked out while i was driving. I looked and look and come to find out (here you go optima fans) the battery was cooked. I ended up replacing the battery, brought it home check the starter relay ( it was ok) but i had one other instance of click and black out in my drive way and it was my damn wire mod (because you all know when you go optima you have to extend the positive terminal a bit to reach the battery). I ended just putting it back to stock and been running fine ever since. Check this after the tune up.
5= you have a bad relay or fuse blew.

celica9303
08-24-2006, 12:18 AM
:stupid:

alltracman78
08-24-2006, 04:10 AM
Did all of this start at the same time?

When is the last time you had your transmission fluid changed and the filter cleaned?

Have you looked for any blown fuses?
How does the fuse box look inside? Is it burnt up anywhere?

What about the underside of the fusebox?