PDA

View Full Version : GT-S parts onto '91 Conv.?

NealWright
08-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Alright then, it appears no matter which way I cut I was going to end up ~$600 in parts to put my Ď90GT-S back together again Ö so Iíve found a í91 Conv to replace it. Wifey says Iíve got to part out the GT-S in order to pay for some of the convertible (Iíll post those later), but my first questions are what pieces off my GT-S can be swapped to the GT?

Obviously, the motor/tranny are the same. Iíll probably swap my front seats into the convertible, along with the dash cluster. Can the rear disc be swapped over to the GT? Whatís needed for that. What about any suspension parts?

Then what about the fenders/qtrs Ö do GT-S fenders fit straight up to a GT? And, could a body shop possibly graft the GT-S quarters (lift-back) into a convertible form. Iím really not into the wild body kits, but I always the flared fenders on the GT-S just looked awesome on the car! Is there another way to get that look?

In general, what can I swap over to the convertible (without my wife realizing) to make it a better car?

Thanks, Neal

Hookecho
08-18-2006, 09:26 PM
instead of spending alot of $$ for the body work on the convertible you could fix the gts.

most all parts will swap and with a little work you could do the drum/disc conversion.

Colossus20v
08-18-2006, 10:06 PM
parts are swappable. the rear quarter panels may be a little iffy, but I thought convertibles had wide reaer ends? Everything else on the cars should be swappable.

2kSnakEater
08-18-2006, 10:14 PM
nope, the verts are all GTs. Somebody posted a Red 5th gen Vert with the GTS fenders and the GTS rear fender flares. omg that car was sex

NealWright
08-19-2006, 02:44 AM
No, I didn't mean to imply the 'vert needed a bunch of body work ... it actually needs none, but if I could get it with the flares off my GT-S that would be awesome!

Any idea where you saw the photo of one? I may have to cut off the quarters from my GT-S before it is scrapped.

Anybody know what's involved in swapping the brakes?

Thanks, Neal

celica9303
08-19-2006, 03:36 PM
i plan on getting a hold of some rear quarters from a gts and putting them on my vert(front fenders also). there is a sticky in the brake and suspension section on the brake conversion. good luck

90CelicaST
08-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Actually, the write-up is in the 5th gen section. Link below.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227

celica9303
08-20-2006, 05:47 AM
sorry i meant to post that later that i was wrong thanks