PDA

View Full Version : Question for you 6th geners

MCcelica
08-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Has anyone ever thought about...how can I explain this? I was thinking about trying to get or make some lenses for the headlights and brights to bring them flush with all of the panels they contact while keeping the form of the car, so the lenses wouldn't be flat, but rounded in shape yet fits flush with all the panels. I wouldn't black them out but my idea is kind of along those lines. Maybe a smoke color would be cool? Any ideas on how this could be done?

WannabeGT4
08-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Forgmann made some headlight covers for our cars just like what you described... Good luck finding them as they have been discontinued.

http://www.toyotacelicaonline.com/celica1/b6forgmanngt4.htm

They don't look too complicated though. You could probably make some yourself.

MCcelica
08-18-2006, 08:17 AM
That was exactly what I was looking for! What would I be able to use to make some? I know how I would do it, I just don't know what I would use that could be bent properly yet will still stand up to road hazzards.

WannabeGT4
08-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Lexan is probably your best bet. Lucite is easier to work with but isn't as durable.

MCcelica
08-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Where would I go to get some of that, and for how much est?

WannabeGT4
08-18-2006, 06:37 PM
Lexan is used instead of glass in race cars so you could try a speed shop but I doubt they'll have anything thin enough for what you need. It's probably available at hobby or hardware stores but I've never checked. There's a bunch of different sizes and types of lexan on ebay. I'm sure you could find what you need there.