PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find an ST205 A2W IC pump?

SwpdMR2
08-17-2006, 03:42 AM
Just as the title says, where can I buy a used one?

Kevin

cms-gt4
08-17-2006, 03:30 PM
It would be easier to find a a/m water pump. SC f150s, Cobra mustangs and others cars use them. You should find the bits cheap on ebay. Also look into a water puppy. Its the popular choice for mr2 and alltrac users. I had one myself at one point.

SwpdMR2
08-17-2006, 10:47 PM
I know the water puppy is kind of loud and more than I want to spend. If I were to find a used ST205 one, it wouldn't cost near as much I'm guessing. Also I spoke to Martin on the MR2 forums and he has one and says it's so quiet he has to go into the engine bay and hold his head near it to check that it's on!

Would the SC cobras or 150s be that quiet?

Kevin

SwpdMR2
08-17-2006, 10:51 PM
what does a/m stand for as well?

cms-gt4
08-18-2006, 03:20 AM
after market.

Not sure how quiet the ford ones are. I think both the ford pumps and toyota pumps are bosch made.

Hard to be sure. ost of the Cobras I hear are so loud, you would not hear the pump anyhow.

SwpdMR2
08-18-2006, 09:24 PM
alrighty, thanks for the help

1tchy
08-19-2006, 08:31 AM
How about a st165 pump?? They seem to work just as well, and are prob easier for you to get hold of if you're in the states? Mine is the original with 175k miles behind it and is pumping the coolant through a st205 C/C system (pre-rad and chargecooler itself) and doesn't seem to have any cooling / flow issues. If you can get hold of one, if the bearings are shot, they can be replaced fairly easily and relatively cheaply!

SwpdMR2
08-19-2006, 04:44 PM
I have thought about using those, the only downside that someone told me is that the mileage on them would be HIGH which yours is. Do they flow the same as the ST205 pump?

1tchy
08-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Sorry, I've got no idea on the flow rates between the two, I'll have a look round a couple of websites a bit later when my hangover has cleared up and I can focus on the screen better! Yeah, the mileage would be higher, but the main thing that goes faulty is the bearings I mentioned above. It's about an hours work to replace them, and they cost about 1.50 from the local wholesalers round here, so that's about 3 bucks aint it?!? Not the most expensive thing on the 3sgte :D I'll try and find some flow comparisons later.

SwpdMR2
08-20-2006, 09:39 PM
thanks for the help bud. I can't find anything on ebay or on the MR2 forum for used pumps. What is the part number to your pump and then maybe I can go to toyota and see how much one is new compared to an aftermarket one.

1tchy
08-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Sorry mate, can't find anything with flow comparison's, thought I'd seen something on Dennis Heath's site, but couldn't find it.
According to the epc I've got, the part number for the st165, st185 CS / RC and st205 CC pumps are all the same, 16290. This either means, a) I'm reading it wrong (quite likely) b) my epc is wrong, or c) the part number is the same, but you have to be model specific when dealing with them.

There's a bloke breaking a 165 on the UK ebay, might be worth seeing if he'll post to the states? Couldn't find any breaking 205 or cs/rc tho. Good luck!

This is the pic from the epc.

SwpdMR2
08-21-2006, 07:54 PM
LOL, I went to Toyota today to check how much a pump is, $654 HAHA YA RIGHT! Looks like I will end up going aqua tiger/tiger shark/tiger something from Shurflo. I found it on the starmarinedepot.com (or something like that) for $130. I think it's the best I will find without taking forever to search. Thanks for your help!