PDA

View Full Version : ok, hair is barely attached anymore.....

gacelicagurl88
08-16-2006, 05:06 AM
Im about to pull every last thread of hair OUT of my head. My car apparently has at least three leaks. Oil, power steering, and my brake fluid. :wtf: Im getting tired of it. I am about to start getting a new car. I honestly want my celica, but I am trying. Anyways, I am also about to move out, so should I just get a new car, that comes with a payment, or let my friend's dad do the work for free and hope it works? Plus, it has NO taillights, only brake lights, and the back blinkers dont work, but the flashers do. dude, this car has so :owned: me so many different times. I am just glad it is holding up. But, seriously, opinions? I really want a celica though!

ciento44
08-16-2006, 05:24 AM
1) Sell it
2) Save
3) Buy another 5th gen, but a 92-93
4) ??????
5) PROFIT!!!

aballz
08-16-2006, 05:34 AM
Agreed, seal the leaks with some duck tape and sell her.

Punisher
08-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Sounds like a serious case of neglect.

MCcelica
08-16-2006, 09:30 AM
If he would do the work for free, I say why not? How many times will someone do work for free in this life? After he's "done" with it and it still has all the probs, I'm with Ciento, and Aballz.

Azzazzyn
08-16-2006, 01:24 PM
every place that i've had my car worked on, they put "massive oil leaks" in the comment box and i'm like yeah so, you know what i'd have to do to fix those leaks? their gonna stay there for now, I also have a tranny leak somewhere but its no bad, and to tell you the truth, my "massive oil leaks" haven't hindered my car yet.

MCcelica
08-16-2006, 01:41 PM
yet.

= KEY WORD

2kSnakEater
08-16-2006, 03:00 PM
1) Sell it
2) Save
3) Buy another 5th gen, but a 92-93
4) ??????
5) PROFIT!!!

+1!!!!

Azzazzyn
08-16-2006, 05:16 PM
= KEY WORD
1 year and 3 months later and still good, she'll be getting rebuilt soon enough anyway

85gtsblackman
08-16-2006, 05:48 PM
get it fixed for free

wait theres always some sort of price, your not doing favors are u, cause i havent got mine yet :hehe:

elektrateq
08-16-2006, 05:53 PM
You need to find out where the leaks are. Do you know? It can mean the difference between replacing a hose and replacing a huge part. Breaks could be very simple. Power Steering could be the hose, the pump, or the rack. Engine... could be a simple seal or a main seal. HUGE difference! If u need help figuring out where the leaks are ask us (i'll help as much as possible). I have fixed a brake leak before and it was VERY easy. Rubber goes bad. It needs to be replaced, that it's. BTW, my mom lives very close to you. Maybe Tony and I could help out. Where are u moving?

As far as the wiring, the hardest part is figuring out where the short is. They can be CHEAP fixes after that. I need to figure out why my reverse lights, and one of my brake lights arnt working so I need to explore the tail light wiring as well.