PDA

View Full Version : Few ?'s for you RC swap experts

mrtwo91
08-16-2006, 02:43 AM
I getting close on a RC swap for my Son's (maroon_185) '90 Alltrac and have a few wiring related questions. The wiring is close to being done with a few exceptions I'm not sure how to deal with. Chris is due home from boot camp in a few weeks and I'd like to have this swap as close to done as possible.

1st is an extra fan relay that came on the RC clip. IIRC it was mounted near the fire wall, left side. It's identified as a Radiator Fan Relay, do we really need this one? The stock one is located in the relay box near where the battery is.
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/8638/rcrelayfh8.jpg

2nd is the connector, front left corner. If I can do away with the relay I can swap the plug to match the stock harness.
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9912/rcplugki0.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6867/atplugdt7.jpg

Lastly - The battery had been re-located to the rear when Chris bought the car. He wants to re-mount the front left relay box just in front of the strut tower. What is the best solution here. i was looking at making a bracket and was wondering where to attach it.

alltracman78
08-16-2006, 03:02 AM
Hi. :)
Where are you located?
What branch is your son in?

That relay is probably for the heat exchanger fan [part of the intercooler system on the RC]. If it is, you can jump the connector and have the fan on all the time.

I don't really understand what you are trying to do with the bottom 2 plugs.
Can you be more specific?

Front left relay box?
Do you mean the fuse box?
Can you post a pic?

You could fab up one from aluminum and bolt it to one of the empty bolt holes you probably have floating around the engine bay.
Or you could use the strut brace.
Does the Alltrac still have cruise control?

alltracman78
08-16-2006, 03:03 AM
Oh snap.

:laugh:
I just realized who it is. I didn't read the beginning too close. :P

mrtwo91
08-16-2006, 03:43 AM
We are located in NE Oklahoma.
Chris is currently at Lackland AFB in San Antonio.

Chris has a FMIC so we don't need the HE Fan.

The bottom two plugs are a connection to the body harness near the battery location. The RC plug has three wires, two of which come from the relay in the first picture. If we don't need the relay I can swap the round single wire female plug from the stock harness to match the plug in the bottom picture.

I was referring to the fuse box. There is a couple of bolt holes in the strut tower I can use. Do I need to run the bracket to the radiator support or run a verticle brace to the frame?

Cruise Control.......Well it did, it never has worked and the RC clip didn't have cruise, so we removed the control motor and brackets.

alltracman78
08-16-2006, 04:12 AM
If that's the case, I wouldn't worry about the relay.
Just follow the wires and make sure...

For the bracket, you don't need to brace it all over for the fuse box.
A simple triangle will work.
Or you can use angle stock.

mrtwo91
08-17-2006, 01:19 AM
One other thing I forgot is the IC coolant level sensor, seems I remeber reading somthing that to avoid a code 54 I need to earth the gray sensor wire, do I just isolate the other wire or does it also get grounded?