PDA

View Full Version : help needed

Dirttrack4j
08-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I need to know how to wire up the a/c fan to a toggle switch. What kind of wire(18g,16g,etc) and what kind of toggle switch (6amp,125vac??). Also what power source does the positive wire hook up to. :bowdown:

Lagos
08-15-2006, 09:35 PM
why do you want to do that?

the ac system should be kept as it is from the factory, because the ac amp needs to cycle the compressor on and off while the ac is on. adding a switch, would make the compressor run all the time, and would damage it.

but to reply to your question. there is a black wire with a white stripe on the plug that connects to the ac compressor. simply supply that with 12v to turn it on .

andy
08-16-2006, 07:52 AM
If you go threw with it. You SHOULD use a relay to avoid a large fire. radioshack has em. automotive relay. I had the same prob. wired up my rad fan to run all the time. pretty thick wire 12-14 should be ok, as long as its as thick as the fan wire. wow lots of as.

2kSnakEater
08-16-2006, 03:06 PM
yeah, he doesnt mean the compresor, at least I hope not. I think he meanst the fan attached to the condenser, but that should automaticaly turn on when you turn on the a/c.

Dirttrack4j
08-16-2006, 05:38 PM
2ksnakEater got it right I just want the fan to run. It doen't run when I turn the a/c on. I want to wire a switch to that. How?