PDA

View Full Version : People from PA i have a question

balagast
08-14-2006, 04:28 PM
I found an all trac to buy, and im bringing it into the state of Pennsylvania. The question i have is, how does anyone in PA pass emissions tests with an all trac with a downpipe (no primary cat). As well, does anyone know if you have to get the car inspected b4 you can register the car, if its being brought from another state? Basically, i'd like to know if this is goin to be a major headache or if it should be pretty doable.

heres the link to the car on alltrac.net

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15846

this car is in great cosmetic shape, which is my primary reason for liking it so much.

Punisher
08-14-2006, 04:39 PM
First off it depends on your county.

If you were in Lehigh county like me, then getting the car inspected would be piss simple. However if you are closer to philly then it may be more difficult.

You really shouldn't have to much of an issue just take it to a "good" garage if you get my drift.

As for registering it, it doesn't matter if it is inspected or not. You have up to 10 days after the purchase of a vehicle to get current inspection stickers on it providing that

A. It was previously a PA car with expired inspection

B. Out of state car

balagast
08-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Ok, I live in Bucks county... having said that the type of inspection is based on the address the car is registered at, correct? I wonder if i could use my grandfathers address in Pike county PA to register the car that way i dont have to have the sniffer test.

Also, i've tryin to research this a bit, and i found out that in counties like lehigh, there is just a visual inspection. Don't they look for the cat in the visual?

burnyd
08-14-2006, 05:14 PM
being that its an out of state car they will immediately hook up the sniffer upon inspection.

With a downpipe and a shop that "cares" no you will not pass emissions.... if you can find some hill billy inspection mechanic outside of the city type area... usually they just hook it up and press pass pass pass heh... I drove about 45 mins out of pittsburgh to get my car inspected.... the place I took it to didnt really care too much.

When you reg the car in your name you have 10 days to get inspect/emissions.