PDA

View Full Version : overheating

Dirttrack4j
08-14-2006, 04:13 PM
My radiator cap was junk, I've changed that. The fan in front of radiator and the fan behind dont work. Any ideas on what the problem is? The fan in front of the radiator is going to get wired to a toggle switch. Any ideas on where a good hot/power source is. Thanks. Got 5th in my race after starting last. 1/4 mile high banked dirt(mud) oval 4cyl stock class. Gaining on leaders just ran out of laps.

sbettencourt
08-16-2006, 04:20 AM
the fan i front is for your a/c condensor. about the rad fan check fan fuse and the coolant triger switch at the bottom of the rad

alltracman78
08-16-2006, 04:40 AM
Don't toggle switch it.
Read this thread.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13710

It explains how to trouble shoot this circut.
If you have any specific questions on how to, post them up.

andy
08-16-2006, 07:48 AM
If you do switch it, use a relay please.

Dirttrack4j
08-16-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm going to try to troubleshoot the circuit but I have to get the radiator fan running before Sat. Can't work on car till Friday night,(at school). Thanks for the replies. The car only overheats when its at idle because no air is flowing through. Its fine as long as air goes through. I think. How do you wire the rad. fan on constant. Any other tricks to get the car to run cooler. I'm pretty hard on the motor/car 3rd gear never drops below 4000 rpms.

85gtsblackman
08-16-2006, 05:58 PM
i forgot where it is on the 5s engine but theres a plug u can disconnect and the fan will run constant

2kSnakEater
08-16-2006, 06:03 PM
on the very bottom of the radiator on the Driver side of the lower hose there is a sensor with a plug, DO NOT take the sensor out, just unplug it and your rad fan "should" run as soon as you turn the key.