PDA

View Full Version : trunk problems with my celica

louisianacelica
01-15-2005, 11:44 PM
What's up everyone. This is my first post to celicatech, i home that someone can help me with my problems. Well, here is my problem.

I just had to replace my bumper because a friend of mind hit my car from behind. When I got my car back from the body shop the trunk raddled when I drove on a bumpy road. I looked at my trunk and it was loose plus when I openned the trunk it didn't have the same latch popping sound and the handle didn't have the same resistants as it did before. I brought my car back to the body shop and show them what was wrong. After I got it back from the body shop the second time the trunk was tighter than the first time I got my car from them. But the only problem is that my trunk still raddles when I drive on a bumpy road. I need some help to figure out what is wrong. If anyone can help my please post what I need to do.

thanks

Dr.Auto
01-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the site! Unfortunately I'm not all that great with body work, and all I can say is just mess around with the way the latch is adjusted and see if you can make it go away. I would also take note of the rubber trunk seal and all rubber stoppers and figure out if they are adjusted and or mating correctly with the trunk. Also..... are you certain that it definately is the trunk rattling and maybe not a spare tire that was left loose from the body shop when the did their repairs?

louisianacelica
01-16-2005, 06:28 PM
thanks for the reply...I know for sure that it was the trunk the first time that I got it back from the body shop because I got in the trunk while my brother drove my car. I could see where light was coming into the car when the trunk would raddle. The spare tire idea is a good one, I woke up in the middle of the night with that same idea in my head. I just haven't checked it out yet today.