PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been around for awhile........building race car! (pics)

Dr.Auto
08-13-2006, 06:07 AM
Hey guys. Just figured I'd share some of what I've been doing wheather anyone cares or not :luvydunno

Just an excuss to post pics I think even though it's un-celica stuff. Almost put it in autocross but it's not actual racing so I fugured I would put it here.

Here's just a few pics of what I've been working on. I'll actually post more if anyone is interested.
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/vbgarage.php

Going to do the fine tune allighnment on it tueday evening at my buddy's shop. Just set it up right now with a tape measure and camber/caster gauge but my floor is not level so I don't quite trust it.
But the car is crazy nuts in the corners. The poor little stock 75Hp 1.3L can barely make the car go fast enough now to challange the suspension. I've only had the back end kick out twice now and that's only bacause the tires weren't quite warm .......and I was just really curious to see where the "limit" really was. I'm goint to be mounting a friends G-meter in it after the allighnment is done and see what i can pull for lateral G's......and with any luck won't blow up the engine due to oil starvation with no oil pan baffle. But blowing it up will just give me an excuse to put a hurry on the engine that's at the machine shop and build it over the winter for next year. But I at least wan't it to hold together for this next auto-X then it can do whatever.

wizzards581
08-13-2006, 06:30 AM
suspension would be nice first but remember... weight of engine changes if you plan to swap for another stronger motor... then suspension has to be change again.

Dr.Auto
08-13-2006, 06:32 AM
suspension would be nice first but remember... weight of engine changes if you plan to swap for another stronger motor... then suspension has to be change again.

That's why you convert to coil over struts (like I did) that only take 20 minutes to change the springs for both sides. And that's why you pick a transplant that is about the same weight. Becsides the transplant will be a few more years to come. then luckily a 4A-GE 20v.