PDA

View Full Version : Is this rice?

ciento44
08-12-2006, 07:06 PM
The title explains it all...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-91-92-93-TOYOTA-CELICA-SEIBON-CS-CARBON-FIBER-HOOD_W0QQitemZ230016674262QQihZ013QQcategoryZ6755Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Opinions?

I'm not going to purchase it now, but it may be something to put on the list for next spring if we decide it's not retarded.

angryyoungnpoor
08-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Uh.. why would it matter? haha. Is it rice to you? I plan on getting one once I find the money.

TEAMFaint
Hmm not sure where you purchased your dictionary but this is rice:

rice ( P )
n.
A cereal grass (Oryza sativa) that is cultivated extensively in warm climates for its edible grain.
The starchy grain of this plant, used as a staple food throughout the world.

http://www.stockphotography.com/img/food/stock_photos/rice.jpg

I can't believe this word is still being used truthfully..but anyways

No I don't think that hood is "rice". Its a carbon fibre hood, nothing rice about that is there? You got weight reduction which is needed espically for our 5th gens, plus you got a vent which helps keep the intercooler (when you swap) cooler as well as the engine?

Hookecho
i think it looks cool. plus it would weigh alot less than the stock hood. i would like to see it from other angles though.

ciento44
08-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Well, i originally was going to keep the stock hood, because i like the look of the CS bumper with a ventless hood, and because i'm going straight to front mount, rather than mess with the top mount stuff.

But yeah, i guess it would be benificial.

Thanks so far guys. :)

Anyone know of anyone that has had one of these on their cars? Specifically this CF, or has anyone had any dealings with this company? They also make a GT/GT-S OEM CF style one as well, that i was looking into.

I may be getting a bonus next paycheck, so maybe i'll check it out sooner than i thought. :)

burnyd
08-12-2006, 09:02 PM
id pimp it

TEAMFaint
08-12-2006, 09:07 PM
A buddy of mine has a Seibon CF hood on his 88 Civic..absolutely gorgeous.
Seibon and VIS are definately the two best companies to deal with for carbon fibre hoods. The craftman ship is wicked, you dont have to worry about how shitty the latch system is, because on the Seibon it is a perfect fit (at least on his it was and ive heard it is on a lot of other vehicles).

When he took his out of the box it absolutely REEKED of resin and clearcoat..i loved it:D

Get it!

Cavanagh
08-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Hell, these days people call everything ricey or w/e. I think it looks cool and if like it too, get it! Lol at first i thought u were getting ANOTHER car...:lolhittin:

d1alltrac
08-13-2006, 12:33 AM
not rice, its not a bad design and seibon is known to sell decent quality CF stuff.

the thing that would stop me from buying that hood is that the proportions are way off, the main vent in the middle is too small on the seibon and IMO it looks funny

here is a comparison pic...dont know who's cars they are but the real RC/CS hood is on the left and the Sebion CF/CS hood is on the right
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/d1alltrac/realRCvsSeibon.jpg

Cavanagh
08-13-2006, 02:00 AM
Ya i agree it looks way to small, not long enough.

ciento44
08-13-2006, 02:17 AM
To be honest... i think what you're seeing there is more a result of the camera angle... but i'm not throwing out the statement, just observing. :)

d1alltrac
08-13-2006, 12:04 PM
To be honest... i think what you're seeing there is more a result of the camera angle... but i'm not throwing out the statement, just observing. :)

it IS smaller, yes the angles are a little off but you can still see that the proportions are way off. i would look for better pics but i dont feel like it right now :boring:

bloodredgt
08-13-2006, 06:51 PM
I remember asking a while back about carbon fiber alltrac hoods and such. One person showed me pictures and said it had some fitment issues such as where the hood lines the fender. He had a pretty hefty gap there and the hood latch was constructed so weak that it would fly up at highway cruising speeds requiring hood pins.

I remember on I think alltrac.net they were having a group buy for RC carbon fiber hoods made molded from the real hood (someone sacrificed their RC hood to make the mold for the carbon fiber so the dimensions of the hood are exact and the proportions are spot on). It was being done in california and members from all over the US were buying. I think the price was around $600 + shipping.

Punisher
08-13-2006, 07:08 PM
I personally am not into CF hoods because you "should" use hood pins with them.. I'm not a fan of "hood pins"... However, there are some neat ones out there like aerospace grade fasteners that you turn and they pop up.. cool shit.. better than fuckin hood pins god what ugly pieces of shit.

As for the hood that proportion is way the fuck off. My 6gc hood is much lighter (and larger .. more material) than my 5gc AT or stock hood.

TEAMFaint
08-13-2006, 08:59 PM
The thing with the CF CS hood is not that the vent itself is too small..it is that is not RAISED as much as the regular CS hood. And it makes quite a bit of difference to the human eye.