PDA

View Full Version : transmission cables...

undecided
01-15-2005, 04:07 PM
well i got the guy to install my clutch and cv joints, i got in the car to take for a test run and it was in 5th gear..it would only shift to what appeared to be 5th and reverse, wouldnt move out of those 2 gates.

i turned the car on and let the clutch go slowing in "reverse" and it went forweard. with no gas, guessing 2nd gear?

then i did the same with "5th gear" gave a lil gas and it moved forward too..

the guy has 2 cables hooked up but my dad says there has to be 4 or something of the sort. My dad was checking it out and couldnt figure it out either.

ie somehow he messed up the cables how do they properly go.

i just want my damn cah back :D

tahnks guys

TRDmkII
01-15-2005, 07:14 PM
lol, take it back to the hack and make him fix it. However I beleive there are only two cables, could he have posibbly swapped them hooking up like first throuh 4th on the 5th reverse one....and the other way around...i don't know, i've never messed with mine...goodluck.

Dr.Auto
01-15-2005, 11:58 PM
there are c-clips that hold the cables in place at either end. One of them preobibly fell off allowing the cable to move around without doing anything. Don't ask how I know about this :hehe:

85gtsblackman
01-16-2005, 01:41 AM
theres only 2 cables

if your cables were bad the car would "mush" into each gear

trust me i replaced mine

TRDmkII
01-16-2005, 07:46 PM
there are c-clips that hold the cables in place at either end. One of them preobibly fell off allowing the cable to move around without doing anything. Don't ask how I know about this :hehe:

lol thats hilarious.....good job..