PDA

View Full Version : hydra nemesis 2.5

Ricksta
08-07-2006, 03:20 AM
over at 2ksnakeaters today and he showed me something he found. i think after i buy lsd within the coming months this will be my next big purchase. what do you guys think?!?!

http://www.mrcontrols.com/products/nemesis.htm

burnyd
08-07-2006, 03:25 AM
its agood standalone... alot of people on oc have good luck with it. Also right on the site they give you directions on how to install it.

No more afm :D

Ricksta
08-07-2006, 03:48 AM
well it does completely everything. but with everything included im looking at over 2g's

i think its worth the money. id never have to upgrade again :)

1990CelicaGT-S
08-07-2006, 04:29 AM
It sounds like a good investment.

ChrisD
08-07-2006, 06:02 AM
It is a good engine management system.

burnyd
08-07-2006, 06:03 AM
2g's? Its 1500 bux last time I looked.

Punisher
08-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Ya.. start off is 1500 .. but all the other add on sensors and shit it comes out to 2K.

Ricksta
08-08-2006, 12:40 AM
think i'll have a problem finding someone to tune my car with this ems?!?!?

KoreanJoey
08-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Ummm... possible... only real problem would be not having the software... most of the tuning software tune in very similar ways so it's just a matter of having the right shit to tune it.

2kSnakEater
08-10-2006, 10:10 PM
this comes with the software and the wires so you can take a laptop and tune it while in the car. I know I could tune it after playing with it for a while.

Punisher
08-11-2006, 01:05 AM
I think you and ricksta share the same stupid brain.

:laugh:

That rapes me....

Anywho, get yourself an AEM EMS... it's plug and play. Tune later.

T-spoon
08-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I think you and ricksta share the same stupid brain.

What does that have to do with the thread? Or FI in general..

johnL
08-11-2006, 07:05 PM
T-spoon it adds dramma :)

On Topic, looks like a great system. Not sure if I would use it on a 15+ year old car though.

John L.

MrWOT
08-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Thread cleaned, keep it that way...

Ricksta
08-12-2006, 02:33 AM
:laugh:

That rapes me....

Anywho, get yourself an AEM EMS... it's plug and play. Tune later.

well thats what i wanted from the getgo. then you all were saying it wasnt that great blah blah blah yaddy yadda yadda. so then im like MOTEC!!! and then nobody agrees with me. so now i ask....what does everyone think is the best ems for the 3sgte?!?!

Punisher
08-12-2006, 04:18 AM
For you.. AEM EMS.. you can plug the SOB in and drive.. it comes preprogrammed with factory toyota shit .. just like having a 2nd gen 3sgte ecu..

(from what I understand it comes preprogrammed with the factory shit)

Anyway it's a good EMS and at a decent price.

If you seriously only want this to be a weekend car.. then go with something else like the hydra.. once you start pushing 400HP on that car you will break shit non-stop unless you spend serious money and time into reinforcing everything from engine mounts, drive axles, engine internals and transmission internals and clutch setup.

Because we all know you will go to the track or some shit and rev it up to 4K and drop the clutch every single time.. just like BurnyD and he broke his shit non stop..

burnyd
08-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Because we all know you will go to the track or some shit and rev it up to 4K and drop the clutch every single time.. just like BurnyD and he broke his shit non stop..

HAHA on the lsd trans I didnt have to feather is into boost.... I just let it hit 4k and dropped it everytime.... On the S trans I had to feather it into boost and try not to engauge so hard at the track.... Still spin until 2nd gear.

So anyhow. Ricksta honestly AEM is your best bet. All you have to do is pull your factory computer and replace it with their computer. Drive it to a tuning shop and have them dyno tune your car. Other wise it will run basicly like shit.

burnyd
08-12-2006, 07:40 AM
this comes with the software and the wires so you can take a laptop and tune it while in the car. I know I could tune it after playing with it for a while.

How many 3sgte's have you tuned? Why do you think they have tuning shops.