PDA

View Full Version : 7th Gen. TRD Wing Specs

T1M
08-04-2006, 03:20 AM
OK here's the deal, my trunk lid is a piece of shit. SO rather than fucking around with it trying to make it look half decent on my newly painted 5th gen, I've decided I'm going to wrap the bitch in real carbon fiber - and on top of that mount a 7th Gen TRD Wing (Painted red to match the car) and wrap the mid section in carbon fiber as well (in addition to a cf CS Hood). However, the 7th gen hatches seem to be a bit more narrow than my whale tale on my 5th gen coupe. I was wondering if anyone had the exact measurements of the 7th Gen wing (end of mount face to end of mount face)so I know how far I'm going to have to extend the wing to make it fit (and look good) and so I know how much cf to order. Hope someone understands what I mean and I hope this looks sheer badass. Thanks!

PhillyDRFT
08-06-2006, 05:33 PM
with all of the CF wraping and acrylic laying you will be doing why not just fix the damn deck lid or buy a new one? also if your laying CF on the messed up trunk lid it has to be an even substrait to lay out your CF or youll have waves in it.

T1M
08-07-2006, 05:05 PM
we sanded/ginded it down and are now in the process of filling the holes, I figure wrapping it it CF would look better/be cheaper than having it painted.

PhillyDRFT
08-08-2006, 01:23 AM
not by a longshot, the price of CF has gone up since the eastern conflict (same as plywood, metal and gas W00t!) If your trunk lid is a stock color it cant be much more than 100$ in material to paint. Not saying it wouldent look good when its all done, and i hope it does if youve allready started. just stating its not the cheaper alternative.