PDA

View Full Version : Number crunching

Punisher
07-31-2006, 07:09 AM
For those of you that think swapping a 3sgte is cheap..

Sure it is.. get a motor.. get a harness.. preferably do it on a 5gc.. drop it all in with with your gt/gts trans and go for a ride.. cheap as the cost of the motor and wires...

However.. if you want to do it up right.. custom shit... get block/head work done.. reseal the motor.. electronics.. FMIC.. stage 3 clutch.. turbo... LSD E153... general maintenence to steering/suspension... Mind you that some of this is so called "cheap" eBay shit too..

I'm only up to about.. 4G right now.. that doesn't even include the motor/trans since I got that for free.. except the LSD part of the trans.

Welcome to the world of motor swaps.

GRUMPY514
07-31-2006, 07:22 AM
I wish i had money like that to blow on the celi

Funny thing because I learned to drive really on the Celi which was swapped with stage 3 clutch.

Turbo upgrade? Head work? Internals? Nawwwssssssss? lol

Whats the plans, be realistic as possbile (as what is GONNA happen)

and when will we be expecting?

Punisher
07-31-2006, 07:44 AM
Should be done at latest this coming sunday.. I am really hussling my ass off on it.

Head was rebuilt.. valves ground and new stem seals.. valve lash adjusted

Turbo: Rebuilt Nissan (SR20DET) GT28RS w/ custom 4-1 N/A style header piped into a huge Evo VIII Style front mount intercooler.. this is all controlled by an Apexi AVC-R excess boost is recirculated VIA a forge motorsports Diverter/Recirc valve

Exhaust is full 3" from turbo to muff w/ no cats and from the head to firewall the exhaust is wrapped in DEI Header Wrap... later on I will wrap the rest of the exhaust system with some of that cheap eBay header wrap.

Block was tanked and honed. New main bearings, rod bearings, thrust washers, piston rings.

Every single item on the engine.. all brackets to the intake manifold/TB and valve cover have been sand blasted (and/or parts-washed) using a very fine aluminum dioxide.. Everything looks brand new...

Everything that isn't aluminum is painted black so it won't rust... same with valve cover except that will have Toyota and other writing on it done in red.. so black valve cover w/ red writting.

Everything on the T-belt side is brand new except the oil pump.

Regasket entire motor and power steering pump along w/ a new pressure line

Goodies...

AEM Wideband w/ gauge, ARP Headstuds, Cometic 1mm MLS HG, Stage 3 clutch w/ 11lb chromoly flywheel, a few gauges undetermined as of yet, 95 MR2 LSD which I used to make an ST185 trans FWD LSD.

I have no clue as to what to expect power wise... I don't want to state numbers at this point. Over stock HP of course.. but how much.... I'm not certain.

I'm guessing about 50hp over stock. Might be more.. who knows.

I should mention this is all going into a 94 GT.

4thgenceli
07-31-2006, 08:31 AM
I got mine all priced out just under 6k (clip shipping incl, about 600). That's all goin in my 89 (dunno if in to the Vert or teh liftback yet).

Blackcloud
07-31-2006, 01:23 PM
If i had that kind of money id drop it into bolt ons for a diesel truck and go just as fast.. :hehe:

2kSnakEater
07-31-2006, 04:55 PM
wow punisher, looks like you will have a show quality motor there! too bad its going into a GT. whats your plan for this? show car? really nice DD? drag or auto X car?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Punisher
07-31-2006, 06:42 PM
They only made a GT/ST for the 6gc man.. So the GT is top of the line for that model.

Anywho.. it's for nothing.. DD.. racing.. whatever the fuck I find to do.. lol.. I just despise a nasty dirty rusted to shit engine and bay and what not.. It's disgusting to work on.. your parts get all nasty... etc.

I was workin on the AWD to FWD LSD swap.. but fuck it.. I am taking it to toyota.. I got the trans apart.. but I don't have the speciality tools I need to do it.. nor the knowledge on it.. I've worked on RWD style transmissions.. I don't really know the FWD setup and I don't want to fuck it up and then have to rip it out of the car... So I'm just gonna go get it done professionally.. shouldnt' cost to much since i got it apart already.

My AEM Wideband setup came today.. i'm loving it..

2kSnakEater
07-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Im not too familiar with all the Celica gens, I thought they had a GTS for all models, I guess I was wrong. I love the 94+ model rear end but I dont like those bug eye lights. Would there be anyway to put the 5g front end w/lights on a 6g Celica?

2kSnakEater
07-31-2006, 09:01 PM
and since your droping all that cash into the engine have you thought of converting the car to a ST205? or buying an ST205 shell? can you even buy an ST205 shell?

Colossus20v
07-31-2006, 09:32 PM
and since your droping all that cash into the engine have you thought of converting the car to a ST205? or buying an ST205 shell? can you even buy an ST205 shell?
:laugh: :lolhittin :laugh:

TEAMFaint
07-31-2006, 11:48 PM
They only made a GT/ST for the 6gc man.. So the GT is top of the line for that model.=

Untrue, there is a GTS model for the 6gc. Pretty hard to find, but are definately out there.

Cavanagh
08-01-2006, 12:02 AM
I thougt GT is the highest model?? Hmmm well i agree with snake, i like how the backs look, but the front, thats a differ story.

TEAMFaint
08-01-2006, 02:58 AM
And you guys call yourself celica lovers! :slap:
:D

Ya there is definately a GTS version of the 6th gen.

This is my buddies 6gc GTS ---> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2334181

Punisher
08-01-2006, 03:12 AM
And you guys call yourself celica lovers! :slap:
:D

Ya there is definately a GTS version of the 6th gen.

This is my buddies 6gc GTS ---> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2334181

Uh I have a feeling someone just put a 5gc GTS badge on that thing dude.. I looked around on the net... on auto sites like edmunds and MSN Auto's.. they list an ST and a GT coupe and liftback.. toyotacelicaonline only mentions the ST and GT as well... I see absolutely no difference between your buddies "GTS" and the GT's... same rear end.. same front end.. same interior.. 5sfe..

So could you shed some light on this GT-S then...?

TEAMFaint
08-01-2006, 03:26 AM
Upgraded package..just like the GT compared to GTS with the 5gc and 4gc; just no widebody.

He ran a VIN check and it does come up as a GTS.

Sunroof, higher speedo, spoiler, speaker package.

Sean
08-01-2006, 03:39 AM
As deep as I am into my car, I could be driving an 05 ZO6. Thats a really sad fact when I sit back and think about it.

Punisher
08-01-2006, 10:54 PM
They must be super fuckin rare... or maybe only in canada?

Punisher
08-01-2006, 10:55 PM
As deep as I am into my car, I could be driving an 05 ZO6. Thats a really sad fact when I sit back and think about it.

Add another 300 dollars to my talley... Just bought a ton'o crap at advance auto including the outter alltrac shafts.. Surprisingly they had them in stock.

70 dollars for core charge on the axles.. so now I gotta scrap up some axles.. Thank gizzle my employee ID still works so I got 20% off..

So it came from 520 or some crap down to 400 even.. then take another 70 off for both axle cores.. 330 bux.. not bad for what I got all.. piston rings.. rod bearings.. thrust washers.. 2 half shafts.. DEI Exhaust wrap.. rad hoses.. acc. belts.. power steering pump seal kit..

Now I gotta go to autozone to get the timing belt and PS high pressure line.. I got 20% off there too cuz my buddy works there.. ha!

Luni
08-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Dude.

This isnt off topic.

Why the hell are you posting CAR related stuff in off topic?

Punisher
08-02-2006, 03:16 AM
Dude.

This isnt off topic.

Why the hell are you posting CAR related stuff in off topic?

This isn't off topic?

Mainly because it's nothing really that worth being in any other forum.. 'Tis just water cooler banter.

david in germany
08-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Yup too much on topic.. moving to general lol

2kSnakEater
08-02-2006, 03:07 PM
In Canada, the GT Liftback with "sports package" is badged GT-S

just fyi