PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Pac. N.W. all gen Celica meet idea.

88GT2GTS
07-31-2006, 06:23 AM
This past weekend, at our auto-cross track here in Medford Oregon, there was an MR2 meet. Saturday they had an open practice and a show and shine. Sunday they a timed race and the show and shine There was about 3 dozen MR2ís, a TT Supra, a real 5th gen GT4, (right hand drive) and a guy with a 4th gen. All-trac painted to look like a rally car, which he is trying to sell for $12,000.
Last Friday, before our monthly race, there was a Fiat event were they had a timed race. Before our June race, the Cobra club had an open practice and went to the drag track.

This gave me the idea to organize a all gen. Celica event next year either in June or August if I get enough people interested. My idea is to have a one day event on a Saturday with a show and shine all day for those who donít want to drive on the track and have an open practice on the track on the first half of the day then have a timed race the second half of the day. The drag-strip is right next door and they have there test and tune and bracket races on Friday night, so those that wanted could race the drags on Friday and the auto-cross track on Saturday. Iíd like to get enough people to come to pay for the track and get some trophies for the show and shine and the timed race.

Anyone who things they would be interested in coming, please post your interest so I can get an idea of how many people/cars may attend. If I donít get enough Celicaís, Iíll probably open it up to Supras also. Iíd also like to make this a yearly event.

aballz
07-31-2006, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately, most of our 5th gens are slow at least for now.

88GT2GTS
07-31-2006, 04:59 PM

I don't see what this has to do with having a good time. The idea is to get a bunch of people together and have fun, show off our cars and do a little racing. I plan to divide the cars into different classes, most likely using the SCCA classifications, for the auto-cross races. So if you are stock, you only complete against other stock cars, etc. Trust me, once you are on the track, you will have a blast no matter how fast or slow you think you're car is.

93cc
08-01-2006, 01:03 AM
I'd be interested...

FWD88GT
08-01-2006, 01:12 AM
I already said I was in.

Sean
08-01-2006, 01:21 AM

Hey I'm ready to rock in the NW. Suspension install will be down this week, Front Mount I'm just waiting on my piping kit to arrive.