PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen gtfour celica jdm handle 350hp

noir qc
07-29-2006, 09:16 PM
ok....here's my question....i'm about toimport a gt four rc from japan....and would like to know how much money i have to spend on this car to boost it at like 350hp....and getting a reliale daily drive motor without spending 10k...is it realistic....if so what should i get or change....ty

ciento44
07-29-2006, 10:16 PM
It's realistic... it won't be cheap...

Just a few things you'll need... i'm sure you'll need more than this, but these are some of the biggies...

Turbo
Injectors
Standalone Engine management
standard breathing help (intake manifold/exhaust/the like)
Probably at least a 255lph fuel pump

And all kinds of other fun stuff.

But yeah, it's definitely doable.

Dan3312
07-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Stock clutch won't last long at those power levels.... actually might not even hold them at all.... probably not. And drive train components won't last long either from what I've been told. But I'm FWD boy, so I don't know that much about the All-Trac

ciento44
07-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Drivetrain should be ok, so long as you're not doing 4k rpms dumps all the time on pavement. :P

sbettencourt
07-29-2006, 11:37 PM
engine internals can hold up to 500 hp...
yes the cluch has to be upgrated. don't think you'll need a stand alone ems!
upgrade turbo, convert to front mount ic, get the gen 3 injector and cams (not a necessity), 3" exhaust, fcd and possibly a biggy back ecu if wanted...

noir qc
07-30-2006, 03:37 PM
so....some say that i need to replace internal...some say i don't have to....so i guess it is doable....with a reasonable budget....like 2-4k....for the 3 inches exhaust....i'm doing it myself....the clutch is going to be changed as soon as the car arrive.....turbo timer installed as well....front intercooler piping and front mount also...as soon as iget a carlos saintz bumper.....so.....i guess it's gonna be it....but do u think guys this 350hp can beat a subaru sti???

noir qc
07-30-2006, 03:37 PM
and ty for the replies

90CelicaST
07-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the site. In future posts, please type in complete sentences. It helps us understand what you want better, and also doesn't make you look like a third-grader.

Ricksta
07-30-2006, 06:47 PM
with a reasonable budget....like 2-4k....???
good luck budday.....

angryyoungnpoor
07-31-2006, 01:20 AM
Don't replace the damn IC. Those are nice IC's. If you're getting an RC, you don't need to get the carlos sainz front bumper, because.. you already have one.

injectors, turbo(disco potato? at 25 psi amybe a bigger turbo), race gas, rom tune of some sort to run the injectors and such correctly, Cams, Cam pulleys, Intake would help, 3 inch from turbo back. Ntirous would help too.

EDIT!!!

That's gonna cost over 4 grand.

Ricksta
07-31-2006, 02:12 AM
i will kill you if you use nitrous

2kSnakEater
07-31-2006, 02:40 AM
Save up about $10k-$15k and ask Rick whats all done to his GT, then you will be in the 400hp+ range.

cms-gt4
07-31-2006, 03:11 AM
ok....here's my question....i'm about toimport a gt four rc from japan....and would like to know how much money i have to spend on this car to boost it at like 350hp....and getting a reliale daily drive motor without spending 10k...is it realistic....if so what should i get or change....ty

Looks like mr2 controls is down. It has your best guide for a power primer.

You want crank or awhp?

You need to upgrade your clutch, fuel system, get a ct27 and either a ecu tune or something to tune the engine.

Its not as expensive as you might think.

Your intercooler will be good for 350hp, but I would suggest water injection as well to help.

I would either ask the FI section or alltrac.net. I would google info on the carlos sainz and RC models.

ciento44
07-31-2006, 04:39 AM
Save up about $10k-$15k and ask Rick whats all done to his GT, then you will be in the 400hp+ range.

I thought he was still in the 300s.... Could be wrong though.

Ricksta
07-31-2006, 07:56 AM
I thought he was still in the 300s.... Could be wrong though.

on low boost :wiggle:

Murgatroy
07-31-2006, 08:17 AM
Not to bash on Ricksta or anyone else, but there is a big difference between buying a car already in that power range, and building one. Talk to Darren, as he is the one that built the car.

extremeskillz
07-31-2006, 04:02 PM
how did you find this car. Ive always wondered how to import a car from japan and where to find them for sale?

ciento44
08-02-2006, 07:45 PM
on low boost :wiggle:

Fair enough. :P

Better watch it buddy.... i'm coming for you. Engine getting ordered in September, and then it's go time. :)

Ricksta
08-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Fair enough. :P

Better watch it buddy.... i'm coming for you. Engine getting ordered in September, and then it's go time. :)

alright as long as your driving here....i hate road trips :thumbsdow

Hugo4
08-03-2006, 05:43 AM
how did you find this car. Ive always wondered how to import a car from japan and where to find them for sale?

It's legal to import 15 year + cars from Japan into Canada right now, and lots of us are getting into it. Not so easy to get them into America without a little skullduggery...

This thread has some good stuff in it, along with the suggestions above. If you are pulling the motor out right away to upgrade the clutch, it would be a good time for the old HG upgrade...

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10994

I would pay particular attention to ChrisD, among others.

ciento44
08-03-2006, 05:53 AM
alright as long as your driving here....i hate road trips :thumbsdow

Lol.... Celicatech duel for fastest GT say around..... early May, tentatively? I'll bring it down there if i can get time off from work, but i'm towing it. :P

Ricksta
08-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Lol.... Celicatech duel for fastest GT say around..... early May, tentatively? I'll bring it down there if i can get time off from work, but i'm towing it. :P

sweet. by then i'll have all the mods done to the gt. you have no chance dood. your going to get :owned: on video :hehe:

ciento44
08-04-2006, 07:43 AM
sweet. by then i'll have all the mods done to the gt. you have no chance dood. your going to get :owned: on video :hehe:

Maybe, but then, i'll also have a coupe. And you won't.