PDA

View Full Version : question on intake maifold

88 silicar
07-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Can anyone tell me what this pipe does and where it goes. I think it might be a vacuum source, but I might be wrong. I have alot of photos of the engine but none of them show anything useful.
[IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/bobkat_01/Pictures132.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/bobkat_01/Pictures131-1.jpg

schmooot
07-28-2006, 10:24 PM
what motor is this?

88 silicar
07-29-2006, 01:34 AM
what motor is this?
Its the st205 3sgte

Luni
07-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Looks like a 3rd gen to me.

Its a vacuum extension. See the black plastic wrapped hose? Its an extension that goes from under the manifold to it I believe.

Under the throttle body on the driver side of the manifold there should be 1 or 2 nipples. One of them OUGHTTA go to the map sensor. The other one goes to that thing.

If your map sensor isnt on that side, and theres only one then you want to just run it over to that extension so the hose that feeds the TB has vacuum source.

88 silicar
07-29-2006, 09:22 AM

Its a vacuum extension. See the black plastic wrapped hose? Its an extension that goes from under the manifold to it I believe.

Under the throttle body on the driver side of the manifold there should be 1 or 2 nipples. One of them OUGHTTA go to the map sensor. The other one goes to that thing.

If your map sensor isnt on that side, and theres only one then you want to just run it over to that extension so the hose that feeds the TB has vacuum source.
Thanks for the info Luni. Ill check it out tomorrow morning. Let you know how it went.

88 silicar
07-31-2006, 03:32 PM

Spot on Luni. There was a stray hose just under the manifold. Thanks for the info.