PDA

View Full Version : Luni now owns a REAL Celica.

Luni
07-28-2006, 04:18 PM
As of yesterday Im officially the owner of an Absolute Red 56000 mile 2000 GTS 6 speed with leather and power everything.

Anyway Ill post pictures later.

2kSnakEater
07-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Woo hoo!!! does it have the "action package"?

Luni
07-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Fuck no.

Im not a ricer.

2kSnakEater
07-28-2006, 05:28 PM
btw, the Real Celica's where the All-Tracs and GT4. They lost their balls after that. Although the 7th GTS with the "action package" looks sexy, but its far from "fast"

Trance4c
07-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Fuck no.

Im not a ricer.

Your the definition of it :laugh:

Luni
07-28-2006, 06:46 PM
I hope youre joking dude. I really dont like being called that.

Its a HUGE pet peeve. I have NOTHING ricey done to my car.

Im performance over design every day of the week.

And I keep saying this but to all you "purists" who are loyal to alltracs, remember in the states the 7th gen GTS is THE quickest and fastest production celica STOCK.

It also pulls the best slalom and braking times. Performance wise its ahead of all of its predecessors out of the box. So kiss my ass.

2kSnakEater
07-28-2006, 06:50 PM
whats wrong with the Action package?? I love the way it makes that little celi look! and I had no Idea that the 7th gen was the fastest althought the All-Trac is turbo it does weight alot! I would pimp a 7th gen GTS 6spd with sunroof leather and the Action stuff but I have a severe problem with FWD cars, they dont drive right.

Luni
07-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah a 7th gen is quickest stock. Fastest top speed too.

Properly driven 7th gen GTS 6spd will take an alltrac in the quarter mile even.

Punisher
07-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Yea they are sexy rev happy motors... my gf wants one badly and if she gets one I am making her get a 6spd or this 3yr relationship is done with.

Luni
07-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Dude Id like to think she can drive a stick well already or you wouldnt even be wasting your time with her.

But I swear, if you give a GTS 6 speed to a female and she hurts it or damages it or misshifts it I will kick your fucking ass.

And if she doesnt appreciate the speed/engine factor of it, get her a fucking GT or a GTS auto. Dont waste a 6 speed on her if she doesnt appreciate the machine itself.

elektrateq
07-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Yea they are sexy rev happy motors... my gf wants one badly and if she gets one I am making her get a 6spd or this 3yr relationship is done with.

lol... punisher is sooo hardcore! :D

2kSnakEater
07-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah a 7th gen is quickest stock. Fastest top speed too.

Properly driven 7th gen GTS 6spd will take an alltrac in the quarter mile even.

I could believe that, the All-Trac has a horrible weight to HP ration for a sports car, But it can be overcome with a few mods. Hell my Trans Am has 350 hp and it weights in at 3500.

350hp/3500 lbs > 200hp/3000 lbs

Now if little things could be changed

350/3500 lbs rwd < 260-300hp/3000 lbs awd.

My wife probably will get a 7th gen GTS eventualy, she just doesnt know it.

Punisher
07-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Dude Id like to think she can drive a stick well already or you wouldnt even be wasting your time with her.

But I swear, if you give a GTS 6 speed to a female and she hurts it or damages it or misshifts it I will kick your fucking ass.

And if she doesnt appreciate the speed/engine factor of it, get her a fucking GT or a GTS auto. Dont waste a 6 speed on her if she doesnt appreciate the machine itself.

I don't care if she appreciates it.. I'll appreciate it when we go out in it and I'm driving. Luni.. this has nothing to do with her.. it's all about doubling my sastifaction!

Cavanagh
07-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Nice....not caring about her. ;)

Ricksta
07-28-2006, 11:37 PM
so if this is true....

7th gen=alltrac

then does the 7th gen have as much capabilities as putting out the real hp like the 3sgte?

2kSnakEater
07-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Mr. Rick,

stock for stock

7th gen > All-Trac

when moded

All-Trac > 7th gen

FWD is good up until 350hp-400hp thats when you start having problems putting power to the ground.

ciento44
07-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Nice score Luni. :)

Now you need to set the vvtl-i to engage sooner... :P I'm told that if you do that, you shave a full second off the 0-60 time. :)

xeril
07-29-2006, 08:46 AM
i doubt that.. moving it any past 5500 is supposed to be bad. good thing you got a pre 03 gts; intake, exhaust, and pfc should be your first three mods :)

btw: if it was a really cold day out, i think that alltrac might be able to keep up with the gts stock for stock.. a. because gts tires would be too cold and would just spin, b. my swap gets no traction in 1st/2nd gears during the winter :)

MCcelica
07-29-2006, 03:12 PM
I almost bought a 7th gen GTS. What stopped me? Not having anywhere CLOSE to the amount of $$ I woulda needed. Seriously, that's the only reason.

Luni
07-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Only way to change lift engagement is with an Apexi PowerFC

Blackcloud
07-30-2006, 12:37 AM
where are the pics of this rice box?

:hehe: jk. but seriously. where are the pics

Luni
07-30-2006, 12:39 AM
Ill get some f00.

The only ones I could produce right now would be the ones off of autotrader.

ciento44
07-30-2006, 01:26 AM
How do you like it so far? Would you suggest it as a good daily?

sbettencourt
07-30-2006, 02:40 AM
easy Luni, your celica isn't all that your're making seem like...
yes stock it is by far the best celica made but for a fraction of the price you can get a 5th or 6th gen celica, swap the 3sgte (small mods like exhaust, boost controller, etc.) and will spank your 6 speed celica, 0-60, 1/4 and top speed...
i work a toyota dealer, i drive this cars all the time. my 90 gts with 3sgte swap will murder any 7th gen. don't get me wrong i like them, they handle good and they're light cars but have little pottential. if your looking for performance you went the wrong way. no offence...

Oz^
07-30-2006, 02:58 AM
I remember racing a 2000 celica GTS, about 4 times actually lol. I think the only reason he kept racing me was because he couldnt believe that a 5th gen POS 5sfe could keep up reasonably. Off the launch I was ahead until about almost 4th. now when u think about 15 years of technological advancement "hah" there should of been more of an advantage for the 7th gen. dont get me wrong, ive been in a 95 civic cx hatch with a JDM b16a with mods, and they pull hard, 14.8 Q mile actually. I honestly think now adays that cars are becoming economically efficient because of gas prices ETC, but the "fast" stock cars are more expensive. bah

GRUMPY514
07-30-2006, 06:49 AM
Nice so you finally got one.

Didnt see the update in OT.

How much u end up finding it for and was it local?

andy
07-30-2006, 09:21 PM
oz that gts you raced had to be auto. otherwise theres no way you can keep up with it. trust me i know. My lil pos 5sfe had nothing on my friends 01 gts 6spd. Now with boost i can keep up but his ass just modded his alltrac and now im left behind again. uh well. 3sgte here i come. later

partyball
07-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Yea I got to drive my friends 2004 GTS 6 spd I could chirp tires up to 3rd and hit nearly 125 mph in 5th gear!!! This is a stock car too so noone will be able to convince me they are slow. My 2 cents

Adam

xeril
07-31-2006, 05:29 AM
the 7th gen celica isn't much for a straight line car, but it does really well in the curves. they would have done this car much more good if they would have given it some more torque. but i still do love driving them.. toyota kept them lightish weight :)

and partyball.. chirping tires is mostly clutch my man (i guess power and tire size too). i was chirping 2nd in brand new xA's.

insomnak8702
07-31-2006, 06:04 AM
any pics of the car?

bloodredgt
07-31-2006, 06:36 AM
:worthless

partyball
07-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Yea I know what your sayin but no matter how hard I try I still cant chirp the tires in my 5s...not that ive ever tried tooo hard. Still the new GTS is a worthy car to carry the celica name. Congrats Luni.

Mister2T
07-31-2006, 03:18 PM
how much you give for it luni

Luni
07-31-2006, 03:36 PM
easy Luni, your celica isn't all that your're making seem like...
yes stock it is by far the best celica made but for a fraction of the price you can get a 5th or 6th gen celica, swap the 3sgte (small mods like exhaust, boost controller, etc.) and will spank your 6 speed celica, 0-60, 1/4 and top speed...
i work a toyota dealer, i drive this cars all the time. my 90 gts with 3sgte swap will murder any 7th gen. don't get me wrong i like them, they handle good and they're light cars but have little pottential. if your looking for performance you went the wrong way. no offence...

Dude, remember who you are talking to.

I know celicas. Ive been doing this shit for 6 years. I know a swapped celica would kick the shit out of me. My MR2 would kick the shit out of the Celica. But that doesnt change the fact that I said STOCK the 7th gen GTS is the quickest celica made in north america. The only quicker celicas are ST205s and Beams 3SGE powered celicas.

You must not have read my signature, or known what the deal is with my MR2. I dont need "performance" in my daily driver. My MR2 has a Jspec 185 engine in it. But when I had my 7th gen GT I vowed I wanted a GTS. I like Lift, I like the 6 speed. I like the car. I never said it was FAST. I just said it was the quickest stock celica in north america.

Luni
07-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Oh and pricewise it was 11,300. Ill get pics up later guys. Im sorry, Im in the middle of a move and my computer at home is being taken down.

bloodredgt
07-31-2006, 07:14 PM
Yea I know what your sayin but no matter how hard I try I still cant chirp the tires in my 5s...not that ive ever tried tooo hard. Still the new GTS is a worthy car to carry the celica name. Congrats Luni.

what? Can't get your tires to chirp? The 5s has a good amount of torque on the bottom end so I don't see how that's possible.

MCcelica
08-01-2006, 03:04 PM
He's prolly got an auto. I can keep mine screeching through 2nd and sometimes into 3rd depending on how bald my tires are. hahaha. Bone stock 5s.

Morwan
08-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Congrats, the 7th gen is the best performing N/A Celica ever made.

btw, the Real Celica's where the All-Tracs and GT4. They lost their balls after that. Although the 7th GTS with the "action package" looks sexy, but its far from "fast"

A GT-S with I/H/E runs low 14's/high 13's, that's pretty damn fast for a N/A FWD sport compact. The reason people think they're so slow is because they're hard to launch.

bloodredgt
08-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Congrats, the 7th gen is the best performing N/A Celica ever made.

A GT-S with I/H/E runs low 14's/high 13's, that's pretty damn fast for a N/A FWD sport compact. The reason people think they're so slow is because they're hard to launch.

^Agreed that they're hard to launch. Getting traction with any FWD car is a challange compared to other drivetrains from a dig. That's why you stick with roll ons :D .

jaded_driver
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Im performance over design every day of the week.

i just wanted to coment on that... most of your "rice" look expecially on the 7th gen is actually 100% efficient for preformance also... the dynamics of the body really keep it stable and give it a great look at the same time...

so it techincally may look "rice" however it isn't "rice" at all by my defination...

rice=doing crap to your car to fool people into thinking its cooler

Lagos
08-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Oh and pricewise it was 11,300. Ill get pics up later guys. Im sorry, Im in the middle of a move and my computer at home is being taken down.

thast a pretty good deal for a car so new. i remember shoping around for a 7th gen before i decided on my 6th and those things were like 25grand+ . if you going to keep it stock, as a daily driver, then you defiently made a good choice. just dont start posting on newcelica.org or something now... :hehe:

partyball
08-02-2006, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE]
what? Can't get your tires to chirp? The 5s has a good amount of torque on the bottom end so I don't see how that's possible.

I was saying in 3rd gear. Second is no problem unless I have brand new tires.

Rix86
08-03-2006, 03:06 AM
I thought REAL celicas were rear or all wheel drive????? :eek:
:D

Luni
08-03-2006, 05:20 AM
Thanks Rick.

As for the nc.org comment.

I go where the knowledge is.

However once Ive accumulated it I bring it home with me.

Dont worry guys, once I get more into this car there will be more writeups, and discussions, and articles about 7th gens.

You guys do realize that we could NEVER compete for them for 7th gens though. That website has been around since before celica.net and their memberbase is greater than the MR2oc.

There just isnt any room for competition there. So Ill post over there and be part of that community. Figure if people like me they will get more intrigued and maybe I can get some more people over here posting about it.

I wouldnt care so much about all the tech articles and data, as the discusison that could occur. But there is SOO much 7th gen crap there its unreal.

xeril
08-03-2006, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE]

I was saying in 3rd gear. Second is no problem unless I have brand new tires.

i can only get my tires to chirp sometimes.. and my car is 3s swapped. but my clutch is also on the verge..

bloodredgt
08-03-2006, 07:18 PM
LUNI!!!!!

:worthless

:D