PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about an all trac

balagast
07-26-2006, 02:52 PM
So i've been for awhile looking for a nice clean, and fairly stock all trac. I found one in New Hampshire, and i was just looking for ppl's opinions.

The car has 190K miles.

The owner recently got the car in a trade, and doesn't have the records on it. Having said that i pulled the carfax report and it came clean, minus a small accident that was repaired at a body shop. As well, the carfax report stated that after the accident there was no frame damage.

The guy says it runs well, no smoke and the turbo pulls hard, but he really doesn't have any way to prove any of this. From the pics he sent me the interior is clean (cloth not leather) and the paint looks good with no rust.

How much do you think that car should go for, if it is in good shape like he said? He's asking 5K which i think is a lot, i was thinking more like 4kish.

Let the opinions roll in ...

Colossus20v
07-26-2006, 03:03 PM
a dealer or private seller? Did you check the blue book value? He should be under the BB value.

balagast
07-26-2006, 03:10 PM
its a private seller . . . and the blue book on the cars is like 2600, but no one sells them that cheap, the kbb is very inaccurate for all tracs

2kSnakEater
07-26-2006, 05:56 PM
the KBB is inaccurate for all cars, I check autotrader for all the cars I plan on buying but on a car as rare as the All-trac I check alltrac.net. A black 90 All-Trac with some light mods with 200k miles just sold for $4k, it sold on ctech/all-trac.net/ebay just recently.

balagast
07-26-2006, 06:44 PM
ya that car had a new motor and exhaust . . . so i guess this one would have to go for less than 4k, being as it is virtually unmodded, and has original motor (although i would have to assume it was rebuilt at some pt)

2kSnakEater
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
true, but remember it all depends how bad he wants to sell it.

elektrateq
07-26-2006, 07:33 PM
ya that car had a new motor and exhaust . . . so i guess this one would have to go for less than 4k, being as it is virtually unmodded, and has original motor (although i would have to assume it was rebuilt at some pt)

I dont see why it would have had to been rebuilt. No reason the orig. motor couldn't go well into 200k or 300k if taken car of.