PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about 5th. Gen

BlackOut
07-24-2006, 02:12 AM
First let me say I love my car and I have had it for 4 years but the first 2 I was in highschool and basiclly destroied it, but also I had a lot of "good times" in it. It has over 220,000 miles on the chasis and problly 175,000 (very rough) miles on the engine and it is sucking my wallet dry. everytime i get some extra cash set aside for upgrades something breaks. I want to eventualy swap my 2.2 for a 2.0 but i dont know if it will stay togeather that long. Right now it has been siting for about 5 days becuase when ever I start it it idels at like 3500 rpms and I can't get it to come down. Should I keep my GT and make it pull it through becuase I know I can but it will cost a lot; or should i get what I can for it and just buy a 92 alltrac? PLease Help.

insomnak8702
07-24-2006, 04:45 AM
First let me say I love my car and I have had it for 4 years but the first 2 I was in highschool and basiclly destroied it, but also I had a lot of "good times" in it. It has over 220,000 miles on the chasis and problly 175,000 (very rough) miles on the engine and it is sucking my wallet dry. everytime i get some extra cash set aside for upgrades something breaks. I want to eventualy swap my 2.2 for a 2.0 but i dont know if it will stay togeather that long. Right now it has been siting for about 5 days becuase when ever I start it it idels at like 3500 rpms and I can't get it to come down. Should I keep my GT and make it pull it through becuase I know I can but it will cost a lot; or should i get what I can for it and just buy a 92 alltrac? PLease Help.

heh...it's pretty cool how i'm in the same shoes as you...i had mine for 2 years in high school...milage and everything...all i can say is get an all-trac if you want to but personally i'll just keep the car and deal with the problems that come. It'll makes things more memorable. about the idel problems..is your celica auto or standard?...if its auto i suppose don't gas it as hard but keep a steady foot and let the old gearbox take it's time. With the milage that it has, don't expect to drive it like a new car :wiggle: . whatever decision you make, hope you be happy in the end.

aballz
07-24-2006, 04:51 AM
Alltrac's aren't exactly easy to find and in good condition, even harder. You may have to do constant maintenance and repairs on that as well. The 5sfe is a good and reliable engine. Take care of her and she'll take care of you.

Luis C
07-24-2006, 06:03 AM
If your GT/GT-S is sucking your wallet dry then forget getting a GT4, its maintenance is a LOT higher than the other trim levels unless you find one who belongs to an old lady who was the original owner and had it in store for the past 15-something years

bloodredgt
07-24-2006, 06:19 AM
^His car does sound like it's going to crap though. I would sell it and get another GT or GTS.

toyotatuner
07-24-2006, 02:18 PM
heh...it's pretty cool how i'm in the same shoes as you...i had mine for 2 years in high school...milage and everything...all i can say is get an all-trac if you want to but personally i'll just keep the car and deal with the problems that come. It'll makes things more memorable. about the idel problems..is your celica auto or standard?...if its auto i suppose don't gas it as hard but keep a steady foot and let the old gearbox take it's time. With the milage that it has, don't expect to drive it like a new car :wiggle: . whatever decision you make, hope you be happy in the end.

i have to agree. keep the car...lets the memories continue. then in the end when whatever u want done is done. u look back and can actually say 'i have put blood, sweat, and tears in this beautiful car.' i know with my gt-s...i don't think i have the heart to ever let her leave my sight. u end up building a life long relationship. :bigthumbu