PDA

View Full Version : Smashed SX... Repairable??? Need Parts

RustyFella
07-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Before:
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=372&stc=1
After:
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=369&stc=1

Fixable??? :( i've been told by a pannel beater that had a quick look that it might be fixable.... chasis looks alright supprisingly.. but thats my biggest worry...
stearing is perfect not a problem
engine has not moved at all..

Will be looking for some pretty serious front end parts if i end up doing it...
anyone interested in selling give us a yell...

heres a photo from the accident... i'm pretty lucky to be alive... ran under this dude at 60km/h didnt have time for brakes... blanked out...

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=374&stc=1

wrote off that 4wd on top of me and the car infront of that... almost hit the council worker holding the stop sign infront of that again
had insurance for there cars but not mine...

looking to fix.. maybe a GT4 front cut... make it a GT2.... :hehe:
see how it all pans out...

Thanks,
Thomas

MCcelica
07-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Dude...Holy shit! That tire was like 2mm from your face! Anyway, if the frame isn't pop-canned I'd say you can fix it, the question is, is it worth it? You're gonna need about every single front end part there is, plus some door parts from the looks of it. I've had hits that from the visual estimate alone on the "superficial" damage run upwards of $5,000 USD. At that point the car was only worth $3,500 USD.

2kSnakEater
07-20-2006, 05:30 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18467&page=1

Take the car to the stage I have my All-Trac in the last picture then take pics, I can tell you If you car is salvagable or not.

2kSnakEater
07-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Also I couldnt see on any pics the status of your windshield pillars, if they are bent the car is junk. I also could not see a clear picture on how your front Rails are, the rails can have very light damage to them and still be ok but if the are bent out of shape (ie bent down or way to the left or right) the car is junk. Like I said get your car to the point I have my All-Trac and then you can see how bad your car realy is.

RustyFella
07-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Naa doors wont touched... his other back tyre poped my passenger window (remembering that its right hand drive) out but that was fixed in bout 5 mins... other then that no major damage from front of strut towers back at all... except for the quarter pannel thats gone and the bonnet which is still around his diff... cant see any structural damage at all...

that A frame looks alright but i'm not in the buisness so not sure... think i will be alright with that though..

because i slid under him the full impact went over my car rather then pushing it all back... the radiator and air-con is shot.. and both headlights are gooone...

I'll take some more pictures now and post em up.. was dark when i got the last 1's

Thanks,
Thomas

aballz
07-21-2006, 08:35 AM
That doesn't look so good...is it really worth fixing?

extremeskillz
07-21-2006, 01:58 PM
What the hell did you do? Yea its repairable. but be prepared to pay the price.

2kSnakEater
07-21-2006, 03:34 PM
it will be cheap, IF he does it himself. So far the repair bill for my All-Trac is at $500, but Im fixing an All-Trac that will be worth it after Im done with it, i dont see fixing an STX I would just find another one for $500

Ricksta
07-21-2006, 08:17 PM
not worth it man. the amount of money to have that car done up you could buy another 5th gen.

RustyFella
07-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Yea but fixing it is going to be so much cheaper then buying a new 1... new 1's are about $6000(AUS) minimum and that without a fully rebuilt engine and brand new clutch...
Photos are all up at this dodgy website... be patient with ads they so annoying... first few phtos on scroll menu on the left dont show up either...

www.creamcatscelica.741.com (http://creamcatscelica.741.com)

Started the engine yesterday started first time, as smooth as it when i first got it.. power steering fine... so i was thinking if they can pull the front out i might just have a good chance of fixing it at a lower price...

was thinking...
bonnet (GT4)
both headlights
radiator
aircon compressor and other aircon items...
airbox... but i got a pod that will do for time being... windscreen
front bumper and metal support bumper that sits behind it...
left quarter pannel
and some electrics done...
maybe a couple of other little things

with all that in mind i think i might escape with a minimal amount providing all the pannel work goes my way...

See how it goes i guess but that engine starting so well really got my hopes up

Murgatroy
07-22-2006, 04:31 PM
I would write it off as a loss. By the time you have it all fixxed, you could have bought a newer one.

1990CelicaGT-S
07-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I think you should save that as a salvage car and get yourself another. Sure you can fix it, but will the work ever be the same? You can spend you money fixing it, or you can buy a new one with a clean bill. You never know what kind of problems will be left over after you put it back together.

-Good luck on whatever you decide though

2kSnakEater
07-23-2006, 07:24 PM
$6000(AUS) ??!?? Holy crap! I should import my Celica and sell that bitch over there! I see now why you want to fix it.

Rick89GTS
07-23-2006, 07:28 PM
I would write it off as a loss. By the time you have it all fixxed, you could have bought a newer one.
I agree. Plus time and labour, I'd be looking for another Celica.
You're lucky to be alive :eek:

RustyFella
07-24-2006, 09:23 AM
True true... but i can get a complete Gt4 front cut for $2700 with everything i need... and which eva i choose to do...
keep engine i got now and sell Gt4 engine get some money back... might even get just about all my money back there...

or i could transplant it all over which my mate has done to a liberty and worked well

has anyone had problems with the gearbox... seeing as though it will only need to go to 2 wheels rather then 4??? guessing there would be some hardcore traction problems aswell...
other then that i'm guessing a pretty straight forward changeover???

thanks,
Thomas...

4thgenceli
07-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Um.... You have a TRUCK on your hood!

As for the tranny/gearbox going to 2 wheels instead of 4, it's been done. There's a thread somewhere here, and alltrac.net, and mr2oc.com regarding converting the 3sgte AWD tranny to FWD only. You'll have to make some frankenstein CV axles, and a handful of other parts.

Best bet would be to grab that clip/half-cut and swap everything over. You'll have all the body parts that way.

P.S.
If you're gonna drive under a truck, make sure you have at least 1" of clearance first.

1990CelicaGT-S
07-25-2006, 04:24 AM
Are you sure you didn't throw any of the rest of the body off? Because if so, then it sounds better to buy a new one. The whole body could be best and not be visible.

RustyFella
07-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Yea i have to find that out before anything can be done... it all sits straight and drives ok... obviously havent been to any decent speeds to test but slow driving seems alright somehow...

should get it in to a pannel beater by the end of the year to have a really good look...

Yea i think the half cut will be the way i go... just deciding on weather or not to swap engines is the hard bit... i just want her back... charades with fucked up clutches dont do anything for me...

so the actual engine swap isnt that bad??? just the gearbox i'm guessing...

spose you cant keep the same box... guessing it will prob blow up pretty quick...
do any other fwd gearboxes bolt up to 3sgte's....

MCcelica
07-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Mr2 e153.

RustyFella
07-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Mr2 e153 i thought Mr2's were RWD's..

Or is it sought of the same as front wheel drive gearbox because the engine is in the back, therefore no tail shaft etc...???

sinkrite
07-28-2006, 04:02 PM
I just got some not so nice spyware from your web host. Others be wary =/.. I don't think I've seen a worse free host in a while, I'd take that link off the forums completely..