PDA

View Full Version : Someone Please Help Me Rpm Problem

DBayPlaya2k3
01-13-2005, 10:21 PM
=Magenta][COLOR=Lime]Hi my name is kevin and i drive a 93 celica gt and for a long time now i have had a RPM problem my rpm's will not move above 2000 i have no idea what the problem could be or where it could be the rpms move so i don;t think its a bad tach but maybe a messed up sensor or somthing i have no idea if anyone can help me with this i would be really appricative thanks-kevin[COLOR=Navy]undefined

Colossus20v
01-13-2005, 11:20 PM
does the car actually rev over 2000 rpm or does the tach just not go over 2000 and the engine continues going until you shift(like normal driving)???

Rican Wit A Celica
01-14-2005, 01:31 AM
I have the same problem with my car. I have a 90 Celica GT but my Tach doesnt move at all. And none of my dash lights work either. I've changed all my lights but they still dont work. Does anyone know whats wrong???

Colossus20v
01-14-2005, 01:33 AM
you may need a new ignitor and coil.

DBayPlaya2k3
01-14-2005, 05:57 AM
The tach will not go over 2000 but the car drives liken normal i usally shift by sound or speed like max speed in first is like 30 second gear is 50 and so on but the tach will move it just will not move past 2000

Punisher
01-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Um.. OK.. NO ONE NEEDS A NEW COIL OR ANYTHING!

LOL.. as for the dude with non-working dash lights.. You may just need a new rheostat (dimmer switch)... Um.. so yea.. You have an electrical issue.. If you don't know electrical.. take your car to a qualified mechanic/auto electric person..

As for the dude with the barely working tachometer.. Pop your hood.. go to the diag box on the left wheel well.. pop the cap on the diag box.. look at the diagram and find the terminal labeled -IG.. put positive probe on the terminal and of course your ground probe goes on a ground spot.. like the battery neg. terminal.

Do this with the engine started.. your multi-meter should start reading out a low voltage.. now rev the engine.. slowly go higher and higher and see that the voltage continues to raise with out interruption.. if that happens then you have a problem with the tach or the wiring in the cabin. I have a feeling your tach is dead..