PDA

View Full Version : I almost forgot I was fixing a Toyota until...

2kSnakEater
07-18-2006, 09:18 PM
I moved the All-Trac Sunday, and the fucker leaks oil. I swear I either have the worst luck ever or all fucking Celica's leak oil.

1989 Celica GT convertible -leaks oil
1990 Celica GTS -leaks oil
1992 Celica All-Trac -leaks oil

all are small leaks and nothing to get freaked out about but I think its funny that I have 3 Celicas all with 3 Different motors and ALL LEAK OIL! WTF! :thumbsdow

Cavanagh
07-18-2006, 10:09 PM
haha sounds like somthing that would happen to me, BTW i know it sucks, but also remember these cars are 10+ yrs old.

Dan3312
07-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah both my celica's have leaked oil, like you nothing to get freaked about, but both still leak. Both are 1990 GT-S so both have the 5SFE

2003cbgts
07-19-2006, 12:41 AM
mine leaks too.. as long as i keep oil in it should be ok right?

mtp_69_i
07-19-2006, 12:58 AM
yup.

=cJ=
07-19-2006, 01:17 AM
So far I am leakless.

Probably jinxed myself now though :ugh:

burnyd
07-19-2006, 03:20 AM
get used to leaving puddles of oil and power stearing fluid..... usually leaky seals..... and the ps leaks ... yah get used to it.

alltracman78
07-19-2006, 03:30 AM
Or replace the high pressure hose and the rebuild/replace the pump.....
No leaks. ;)

Ricksta
07-19-2006, 03:47 AM
what would this site be without jeremy?!?!?

mtp_69_i
07-19-2006, 04:41 AM
i replaced the hose that goes from the reseviour to the pump (down the back of the engine) and now have pretty loud pump noise upon turning. The levels are fine. Is it possible the restrictor in the hose is blocked, and is the cause of my original leak?

burnyd
07-19-2006, 07:01 AM
Or replace the high pressure hose and the rebuild/replace the pump.....
No leaks. ;)

Ive done that many times... but each celica I have ever had it just keeps comming back like a bad case of hemroids.

Lagos
07-19-2006, 07:25 AM
i replaced the hose that goes from the reseviour to the pump (down the back of the engine) and now have pretty loud pump noise upon turning. The levels are fine. Is it possible the restrictor in the hose is blocked, and is the cause of my original leak?

you have air in the system from when you replaced the hose. its totally normal. the noise will go away after you turn the wheel a few times or drive around for a day.

mtp_69_i
07-19-2006, 07:43 AM
I fixed the hose about 5 days ago and have been drivin the car atleast 20 minutes every day since then. I hope you're right.

MCcelica
07-19-2006, 08:49 AM
I got a 94 GT 5sfe, 108K and some change on the mileage with no leaks. But like CJ said, I prolly just kinxed myself too.

david in germany
07-19-2006, 12:08 PM
It isn't a leak, it is marking it's territory. :D

2kSnakEater
07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
lmao!! Rep for juu. so does anybody know how to stop the leaks??

toyotatuner
07-19-2006, 05:19 PM
hells yeah....oil leak and power steering. in the 3 celicas i have owned, i have had powersteering leaks. kinda like clock work. i look for it now when i see celicas on the road. 4th and 5th gens. haha

alltracman78
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Noise in the pump can either be air or a pump going bad....
Just because it leaks doesnt' mean it's bad internally, and just because it's bad internally doesn't mean it leaks....
Like Lagos said, run the engine, turn the wheel all the way to the left, hold, turn right, hold, back left, ect. Do this say 5 times.
It should get rid of all the air.
Make sure your fluid is topped off too.
And that the belt is tight.
Also, how old is your fluid?
Everyone changes thier oil and coolant.
Some change thier trans/diff fluid.
Almost everyone forgets about brake and pwr steering....

If you want to fix what is leaking, find where it's coming from first.
This might entail giving under the engine a good thorough cleaning, drive it a day or two, and have a look with a good flashlight.
I replaced the hose because of milage and the fact the engine was already out. If I hadn't had the engine out, I wouldn't have replaced the hose until it leaked.

Another thing you can try to stop the leaks if you can't replace the pump/hose is to use Lucas pwr steering leak stop....

Ive done that many times... but each celica I have ever had it just keeps comming back like a bad case of hemroids.

Then you did it wrong.
Or replaced it with used parts....
The pump and line will last beyone 100k without leaking.
My Alltracs line didn't leak at 140k. The pump did.
I replaced both at 160k, when I had the engine out and did all the boots, seals, ss bolts for ground, ect.

If anyone has specific questions, a pic is VERY helpful in identifying something.
Or you can get a diagram of the area from the BGBs we have, and circle it.

mtp_69_i
07-20-2006, 01:24 AM
Noise in the pump can either be air or a pump going bad....
Just because it leaks doesnt' mean it's bad internally, and just because it's bad internally doesn't mean it leaks....
Like Lagos said, run the engine, turn the wheel all the way to the left, hold, turn right, hold, back left, ect. Do this say 5 times.
It should get rid of all the air.
Make sure your fluid is topped off too.
And that the belt is tight.
Also, how old is your fluid?
Everyone changes thier oil and coolant.
Some change thier trans/diff fluid.
Almost everyone forgets about brake and pwr steering....

If you want to fix what is leaking, find where it's coming from first.
This might entail giving under the engine a good thorough cleaning, drive it a day or two, and have a look with a good flashlight.
I replaced the hose because of milage and the fact the engine was already out. If I hadn't had the engine out, I wouldn't have replaced the hose until it leaked.

Another thing you can try to stop the leaks if you can't replace the pump/hose is to use Lucas pwr steering leak stop....

Thanks for the reply Jeremy. The fluid was changed when the hose went back on, so I know it's not that. It may be the belt cos it's more noticeable when I've been driving for a bit (maybe belt gets warm, expands, so not so tight?). It doesn't leak anymore, getting the hose repaired sorted that. I'll go do a few tight U turns tonight and let you know the result tomorrow morning.

cheers.

2kSnakEater
07-20-2006, 03:31 AM
thats all great and all but, all 3 of my celis still leak. what about helpin the snake man?

2kSnakEater
07-20-2006, 03:31 AM
oh and:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/2kSnakeater/4602cf26.jpg

insomnak8702
07-20-2006, 04:08 AM
mine use to leak oil...one day it leaked so bad one of the cylinders was filled with oil...
so i changed the O-rings and now the celica doesn't have anymore wet dreams...

alltracman78
07-20-2006, 04:25 AM
:laugh:

I've had too much beer.....

Snake eyyes...

You need to find out where it's coming from.
once you know, I can ghep you...

alltracman78
07-20-2006, 04:25 AM
man, you don't know how holg it took me to spella l that right.....

elektrateq
07-20-2006, 07:22 PM

I've had too much beer.....

Snake eyyes...

You need to find out where it's coming from.
once you know, I can ghep you...

awesome... just dont drink and drive that tank k?

toyotatuner
07-20-2006, 07:53 PM
its official. alltracman78 is the fuckin man. men of the square table make it so. *old man writes down in overly sized book*

alltracman78
07-21-2006, 01:31 AM
Thanks... :P

awesome... just dont drink and drive that tank k?

It's more fun when you're a bit tipsy.... :D