PDA

View Full Version : off the wall idea...

james1435
07-17-2006, 01:33 AM
So i was smokin with my buddies on the way to the beach and i thought of somethin... Could you put a 3sgte in the back of a celica with the same set ups as a MR2. $$$ ya thats the answer :givafuck: , but would it be any different having 2 engines in the car vs an allwheel drive model? :lolhittin but ya it was just an off the wall idea that i thought of while i was stoned... anybody done any research or attempted this??

suasa
07-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Damn near anything can be done with teh right about of cash, but putting an engine in the back of a celica would not be simple, Would take some serious engineering, Loads of money, the rear frame would have to be rebuilt, new suspension to take the weight, my god i dont even wanna think about how much it would cost. Defenitely not something the average mechanic could do on his own.

TEAMFaint
07-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Yes its possible. About 3 hours away from where I live there is a guy who is swapping in 2 motors in his Del Sol. Yes 2 motors.

I can grab the thread if you guys are wanting a good read. He is definately far from an amateur so everything is done perfectly.

EDIT: Here are the 2 threads, read up:)

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1266033&page=1

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91558

Slider
07-17-2006, 03:21 AM
Look up the Hyundai Tiburon that was in the Sport Compact Car Ultimate Streetcar challenge. It had 2 engines and 2 transmissions.

ciento44
07-17-2006, 03:30 AM
There have been multiple DeLoreans with two engines.

I believe an editor from Car and Driver or some magazine had a CRX with two engines as well.

1990CelicaGT-S
07-17-2006, 03:44 AM
That would be cool. Now, whose going to do it?

Dan3312
07-17-2006, 05:33 AM
Look up the Hyundai Tiburon that was in the Sport Compact Car Ultimate Streetcar challenge. It had 2 engines and 2 transmissions.
That was the first thing I thought of. That car also had two turbos :) I believe he went with Auto trannies so he didn't have to worry about shifting two trannies as I can see that being a pretty big problem when trying to go fast.