PDA

View Full Version : 3sge-t

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Here it is, 2nd gen 3sge , automatic, turbo. 2000 miles and running strong.

to date my biggest victory.

mustang, v8 at 130 mph!! 1 car length ahead.
s2000
sube

all freeway races

Trance4c
07-14-2006, 04:59 PM
wooo... non intercooled... I would be cautious about that!

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-14-2006, 05:54 PM
yep, thats true, but ecu work and timing as well as fuel has been addressed. I know what you mean though. Thats next--took me a while to get intercooler piping cuz I want aluminum.
But for the Nisei week showoff I have a 3rd gen I want to put in. So maybe I will wait till it all gets done up. Dam aluminum piping is expensive,

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-14-2006, 06:34 PM
finally finished
2nd gen, automatic, supra ct26.

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-14-2006, 07:09 PM
2000 Miles and running strong
Conspired,tuned, and maintained by;

E.L. PROTOTYPES

90CelicaST
07-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Looks awesome...No intercooler? I hope you aren't running more than stock boost.

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Thank you very much!!!

hahaha got that right homie!!!!!!!!!!!!!(wastegate setting)

still in the experimental phase. intercooler is coming soon, actually I have it but the aluminum pipes are kinda expensive. It will be in the nisei week showoff. I might have my third gen in insted of this one. But yeah stock boost, supra actuator. there was work done to the ecu as well as fuell to take care of the det part.

phattyduck
07-15-2006, 02:32 AM
yep, thats true, but ecu work and timing as well as fuel has been addressed. I know what you mean though. Thats next--took me a while to get intercooler piping cuz I want aluminum.
But for the Nisei week showoff I have a 3rd gen I want to put in. So maybe I will wait till it all gets done up. Dam aluminum piping is expensive,Grab one of those universal FMIC piping kits off ebay. Its like $150 for all the pipes w/ mandrel bends that you could need.

-Charlie

alltracman78
07-15-2006, 03:20 AM
That's pretty....:)

alltracman78
07-15-2006, 03:21 AM
No need for 2 threads on this.
I'm going to merge them.

alltracman78
07-15-2006, 03:28 AM
Crap.
Well, moving to FI as well.

Cutting13Clouds, if you would prefer it in 5th gen, let me know and I'll move it back.

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-15-2006, 05:06 AM
okay 5th gen is cool. thanks for the compliments, I thought about the ebay kits but most dont offer u bends of equal length. I am looking though. Thanks again all.

Lagos
07-15-2006, 05:58 AM
VERY AWESOME

i do agree with everyone about the lack of intercooler being a big issue. you risk easy detonation. hope you get it setup soon.

did you ever dyno it?

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-15-2006, 10:59 AM
we have not had a chance to dyno it. We want to do it with the intercooler on. For the most part I have been chill with it. a race here and there, but not high ending each gear. The automatic gear change over and fuel issue was a bitch to work out. We are still in our testing phase. Hopefully, with the i/c we can push it a little more. I have an i/c from the evo 8. That's good for upto 400 hp. It is imaculate. We shall see.

Peace people.

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-15-2006, 05:27 PM
not too say that Im looking at 400 just that the intercooler is cherry. On high end in on the last gear its cherry. my top speed thus far is 136 approx. The change over at 5250 is awesome. You definitely feel it. No det at all.. Have not had a chance to even hit 6500 rpm cuz its like mad fast by that time. Thats' with ect in power mode and with o/d off. Its alot of fun and very quiet now. No blow off if driving normal, no turbo spool either and the exhaust is like ultra low now. Mileage is pretty good if not racing, if racing fucken forget about it. So far so good.

Luni
07-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Post more information about your entire setup, how it was implemented, what you used, etc.

alltracman78
07-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Word.

Moving back to 5th gen. :laugh:

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-16-2006, 01:20 AM
cool, about the swap, 2nd gen 3sge automatic. E.L. Prototypes Custom Throttle Body (60 mm), Ported Intake plenum. E.L. Prototypes Custom motor mounts, half the car was rewired cuz of the JDM ECU (ELP Flash Program) and the use of the Auto Trans(ECT +power and O/D) . 88 Supra Ct-26 rotated with stock wastegate actuator on custom brackets. E.L. Prototypes custom charge pipe, down pipe(2.5 inch), and exhaust elbow(2.5 inch). HKS SSQ BOV. E.L. Protototypes Fuel Pressure Regulator, E.L. Prototypes Fuel Cut Defencer, ELP MAP Sensor, Mr2 Coolant Pipes used in place of radiator Hoses. TRD spark plug wires(jdm out of production, rings on top) Mr2 turbo Exhaust Manifold, Silicone hoses all the way around for vacuum lines and water lines to the turbo. JDM Vision Oil catch Can, JDM Carbing Coolant tank(air removal) Greddy radiator cap, relocated Oversized Oil Filter with cooler (E.L. prototypes Kit) transmission Cooler, power steering cooler. 3rd Gen 3sge Alternator, All track timing belt, water pump, and seals. U.S. All Trac Gauge Cluster, Optima red Top Batter, hyper Ground Earth kit.

There are several more things to be talked about but they are items that we came upon while testing this thing and well they stay with the shop. We did go through much though but in the end they got it going cherry.

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-17-2006, 04:54 PM
elproto@aol.com if you guys need quotes and/or parts, harnesses(all with warranty from the shop as long as shop is in business. Codes all coincide with U.S. models so car can be serviced by any technician in the United States.) ELP is on ebay too.
THANK YOU ALL FOR VIEWING-SEE YOU AT NISEI WEEK, LITTLE TOKYO, LOS ANGELES
AUG. 20, AUG 19TH IS HOT IMPORT NIGHTS IN LOS ANGELES. PUNANI HEAVEN.

=cJ=
07-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Very cool and clean.

That manifold would fit a 3SGTE if I'm not mistaken...

Hmmmm...

extremeskillz
07-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Very nice. What automatic transmission are you using. My GT-s is automatic and if i can do a swap using the same auto, Ill be golden!

alltracman78
07-18-2006, 01:31 AM
The problem is, I believe he has a auto ecu.
If you are doing a 3SGTE swap, the only auto ecu is from a 4th gen 3SGTE.
Like 5 or 6k for a clip.
Almost imposible to find.
And not worth it.

Your trans is electronically controlled.
So it needs the ecu to function right.
Also, a manual and auto drive differently.
They require different fuel/timing maps.
So if you use the wrong ecu, it won't run 100%.
It will probalby run, and might run decent.
But I wouldn't chance it.

extremeskillz
07-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Yea it was just an idea. Ill look into it though. Good info! Im happy with my 5sfe, runs like new. so it'll prob not be a job ill do in a long time. but if i were to do it it would be just as clean as that swap (with intercooler of course)!

CUTTING13CLOUDS
07-18-2006, 04:48 PM
My friends its not like that at all. Well yes and no. I have the JDM ECU and that contains the ECT. The trans is comparable to the a241e, similar to the one on your Gts. My engine and trans was not pulled from a celica back in the mother land though.
Fuel and timing are MAJOR issues. My ECU is NOT 3sgte. It's straight 2nd Gen 3sge automatic. But to adapt that into our u.s. 5th gens was a big assed headache. Hence the wiring job. The manifold is 3sgte 90-93. Yup the blocks are the same as well as the ports. On the 3rd gen they are entirely different, na vs. Turbo.