PDA

View Full Version : removing wing

jjazmin
07-13-2006, 02:57 AM
hey guys..im trying to remove my oem 3 piece wing but i have no idea how too..let me know guys..do i need a special tool to remove it??

TEAMFaint
07-13-2006, 04:04 AM
For the side pieces. Its pretty much just a tug and a pull away. The middle piece you gotta open up the hatch and take off the piece under the spoiler. There are then a few bolts you need to take off. I believe its a 12 MM or 10 MM.

jjazmin
07-13-2006, 04:36 AM
on the middle..is it just bolts..only..are they pretty tight or what..

MCcelica
07-13-2006, 05:33 PM
If it's never been removed before it should be pretty tight, but you won't need a breaker bar or anything. Simple elbow grease on a ratchet should suffice. Is yours a liftback? If it's a coupe then there are also 2 screws on either side of the middle piece. Take those out, and the middle bolt and it'll slide right off. You won't have much room once you get it off though because the brake light will still be connected, and it's a bitch and a half to get it disconnected. Be careful at this point, make sure you put some towels or something on the deck lid because if you don't balance it well while you're trying to disconnect the brake light you will scratch the hell out of the decklid. After that there will be two plastic "Retainers" that go through the decklid and they have a screw that goes down through the middle of them. Remove that and pinch the clip part that goes through the lid and you're golden.

jjazmin
07-13-2006, 07:53 PM
alirght guys heres the deal..when i got the car..it had this big ass double decker wing on it..i mean..oem with a supra style wing molded on top..now..im not sure if the bottom of the wing was painted(where it bolts up)..so..would you guys suggest that i remove the wing asap and just leave the red markings there because the car was originally red..or just leave it on..im planning to repaint my car red anyways..BUT not any time soon..leave it..or take it off now and leave the markings on it..let me know..thanks