PDA

View Full Version : Obx Lsd

Punisher
07-11-2006, 11:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-LSD-HELICAL-85-04-CELICA-GT-GTS-MR2-MR-S-SPIDER-2WD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33731QQihZ016QQitem Z260005241172QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I did some research.. a lot of high HP honda people are using these OBX LSD's and the word is Quaife outsourced to OBX .. that these OBX LSD's are identical to Quaife LSD's.

Anyway besides that.. my question is

How the hell do you install something like this? I mean.. how does it work? It looks piss simple.. I just don't understand how it would work or where the hell it would go inside the trans.. I assume on the passenger side.. the pass. side CV would go into the LSD.. but how does that make the trans LSD then?

I'm wondering if that unit would work in an E153 as well.. it says 3SGE SW20 MR2's... So I'm assuming so? But it also lists a bunch of other toyota's that use completely different transmissions...

Is that all I need to switch an open diff e153 over to lsd? Or am I missing something yet?

Help please!

bloodredgt
07-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Interesting... If anyone has answers to Punisher's questions that would be awesome. I'm very interested in this (LSD).

ciento44
07-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Yes, they are identical. Quaife lost exclusive rights to the patent this past year, and OBX jumped on it.

My buddy got one a couple months ago for his neon, hearing the same news on his board.

Punisher
07-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Cool..

Ok, well apparently the one I posted above is for C series and S series trans only.. so hooray for the S53/54 crowd.. I need one for the E153 tho!