PDA

View Full Version : please help me !!!!!

CELICA NIGE
07-04-2006, 12:12 PM
right.... not happy peeps !!!!

for all of you who dnt know ive got a 1995gen 6 toyota celica 1.8 and ive put a 2.0 engine in out of a gen 6 1999 celica and its in and spining over fine..thares a spark and fuel getting through..... so hers ware im up to .................

my car still wnt fire and weve boiled it down to the fact that my car dosent have a transponder and a chipped key !!! ware the engine and ecu came out of a car with a transponder and had a chipped key !!!!

ive rung 3 different toyota dealers and they say they cant wipe the memory of the ecu which is wat is needed !!!
because the ecu is not readin the switched earth feed to the injectors !!!!

can anyone help me ???

either i need someone who can read the ecu and VIRGINISE it !!!! ( thats apparently wat its called in the trade ???)
or i need a chipped key and a transponder and all the wiring to fit in my car then hopefully program the transponder and key to the ecu

please please help me peeps ....

thanks nige

Hookecho
07-04-2006, 01:01 PM
what you'll need to do is contact your local audio store or someplace that installs car alarms and tell them you need a transponder bypass kit for remote start. this device allows you to bypass the cars keypass security system and start the car with a remote control. the bypass kit is stand alone and i'm pretty sure it requires a remote start kit to work. but nonetheless, a car audio shop will be able to hook you up for probably around $200 installed. i found a link so you could see what the bypass kit looks like. i know you can't move the car so if your good with electronics then do your own install.

goodluck!!

http://www.gizmocity.com/vats.html

CELICA NIGE
07-04-2006, 01:02 PM
1 problem im in the uk ????

are u sure this will bypass it ???

Hookecho
07-04-2006, 01:15 PM
it'll work, they really aren't hard to install. just hit up a local vendor or look on ebay. here's another site with a bit more info for you.

http://www.a1electric.com/alarm2.htm

CELICA NIGE
07-04-2006, 01:47 PM
but thares a problem !!!
these apparently work by putting your spare key in the unit and hiding it in under the dash !!!!

well the problem i have is that i dnt have a chipped key !!!! i only have my key for my car !!!!
the new ecu and engine came from a car with chipped key/transponder !!!!

please help me !!!

Hookecho
07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
my freind bought an engine out of a mazda 626 and didn't have the keys either. he could have had the key made but the auto dealer refused to do it because he didn't have a title or proof of ownership or some crap like that. the bypass kit worked for him. they do make kits the don't need a key and can mimic the RFID code. i wish i knew what company made the specific model for the toyota, but i don't. any reputable company that deals with alarm systems will be able to get one for you if it exists. i know it took a few months for him to finally get a key made, but he never uses it.

i would think that if you had the ecu for the new motor then it would have the wiring harness for the RFID scantool. if not maybe you can get the harness istalled so that you can have the key made. all you should need is the vin# off the moter.

(quote)
for all of you who dnt know ive got a 1995gen 6 toyota celica 1.8 and ive put a 2.0 engine in out of a gen 6 1999 celica and its in and spining over fine..thares a spark and fuel getting through..... so hers ware im up to .................

also, what the coded key does is keep the ignition from firing and in alot of cars the engine won't even turn over at all. so if it is turning over, getting fuel and fire, then maybe it's something else.

goodluck!!

MrWOT
07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
You need a self-learning transponder bypass.. like this http://bypasskits.fortinautoradio.com/products/bypass_kits/key-override-sl/ but you will need to find one compatible with that year.

CELICA NIGE
07-05-2006, 08:29 AM
please can someone help me find one of these in the uk !!!
the thing thats niggling me is that i dont have a transponder in the first place !!!!
but my ecu needs to be told the code to unlock the immobilser in the ecu !!! is this still wat i wud need !!!

im struggling so much and jus want my celica on the road !!!