PDA

View Full Version : celica=headache

gacelicagurl88
07-01-2006, 06:05 AM
well, I get my celica running, then it freaking WONT start. The enigne will turn, but when I give it gas *I was told to see if it worked, though my car always starts without giving it gas* it acts like no gas is getting to it.

PLus, I now have to have the freaking transmission checked out. And they didnt know what synchromesh was at advance.

Playfortoday
07-01-2006, 06:16 AM
This doesn't make much sense. Are you looking for help?

90CelicaST
07-01-2006, 06:19 AM
I can find the syncromesh for you, don't worry about that.

Let me know when you are at home and I will check out the fuel?

kthxbai

gacelicagurl88
07-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Ill be home tomorrow. Ill call you before I get home. My fuse is also needing replaced. Jimmie's dad was going to do it, but I dont have the money to give him for helping.

MrWOT
07-01-2006, 06:22 AM
before you attempt to start the engine, floor the gas pedal twice. Might be flooded due to leaking injector.

Playfortoday
07-01-2006, 06:23 AM
I am glad you guys could figure out what she was asking/needed. I am still not quite sure.

gacelicagurl88
07-01-2006, 06:34 AM
I shall try when I get back home. I am in kingston without my car....

JDMjosh
07-01-2006, 08:32 PM
yeah... fas as i can tell.. it starts?.. but won't run?.. or drive?.. because when the gas is pressed it dies?

i'd check : -vacuum lines/intake hose/ps vacuumpump lines
-gas in the tank :|
-fuel filter

man.. it could be anything really.. even an alternator could give you similar probs.

85gtsblackman
07-01-2006, 08:34 PM
u can only get pennzoil syncromesh at autozone

well in jacksonville anyway

alltracman78
07-01-2006, 08:44 PM
That's cause it's Jacksonville.
I got my Snycromesh from NAPA.

I am glad you guys could figure out what she was asking/needed. I am still not quite sure.

Yeah, me too....

85gtsblackman
07-01-2006, 09:38 PM
probally more $$$ at napa too

alltracman78
07-02-2006, 01:47 AM
Actually, Autocrap and Advanced didn't carry it....

85gtsblackman
07-02-2006, 03:08 AM
odd

GRUMPY514
07-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Do you hear the fuel pump kick in when you turn the key? Is it sending fuel at all?

Listen very closely for it when you turn the key.

You can hear mine with no problems when turning the key.

aballz
07-02-2006, 04:04 AM

Lol, I think she's having a problem starting the car? But i'm not sure how the thread lead to synchromesh.

Playfortoday
07-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Exactly.:hehe: How in the hell did we get to synchromesh?

It seems like 90celicaST is the only person that can understand her most of the time. And don't mean in this thread, but most threads. If you guys are only in on most of her threads, why not just use the PM system, so I don't get headaches try to make this stuff out all the time.:hehe:

I am only teasing, but please use PM's more often.

MCcelica
07-02-2006, 02:43 PM
She said she needed tranny work. I'm gathering that she went into autozone or whatever, asked for synchromesh for her tranny problem (As is unrelated to the main problem) and the clerk couldn't find it. (I actually had a similar experience just yesterday) I don't think she's exactly asking for help, but rather blowing off steam that things aren't going to well.

alltracman78
07-02-2006, 09:17 PM
odd

Not really.
In NC, TN, and here, NAPA carries more stuff than either of the other two....
Why do you think I suggest it after the dealer?

85gtsblackman
07-03-2006, 01:58 AM
i swear my state is an inconvienience

gacelicagurl88
07-04-2006, 05:11 AM
my fuel pump is screwed. Another two week;s pay out the window again. The synchromesh is like never even heard of except for tony, everyone stares at me when I ask about it.

85gtsblackman
07-04-2006, 07:00 AM
umm wow

MCcelica
07-04-2006, 03:06 PM
The synchromesh is like never even heard of except for tony, everyone stares at me when I ask about it.

When I got mine I had to drive around everywhere to find it. When I finally did find it the drunkasses who worked there didn't even know what it was, or where I had found it in their own store. Every place that didn't carry it I got the blank stare too.

One guy at Checker kept asking "What is it?" I told him like 6 times. Told him "It's usually by the gear oil" and "It's in a round yellow bottle about this big", then I found where the gear oil was, saw that they didn't carry it and I told him that he didnt carry it, then he started arguing with me like "Oh man. Shuh. I swear I've seen it around here sumwhere bro." God what a hack. :laugh:

MrWOT
07-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Don't get a stock fuel pump... just get an aftermarket and save yourself a few hundred bucks. Crap, at the Kragen I work at the stock pump is priced at like $370 :eek2: no way I'd ever pay that.

=cJ=
07-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Amen to that. Aftermarket fuel pump's are much cheaper.

/me shudders at sticker price of a new stock pump...

veno23
07-09-2006, 01:53 AM
Go buy A Ford, your headach will get worse and you will wish you still had the Celica :laugh:

well, I get my celica running, then it freaking WONT start. The enigne will turn, but when I give it gas *I was told to see if it worked, though my car always starts without giving it gas* it acts like no gas is getting to it.

PLus, I now have to have the freaking transmission checked out. And they didnt know what synchromesh was at advance.

elektrateq
07-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Hey, whatup Romans from GA! My mom is moving to Kingston in 2 weeks and I will be doing all my car work at her house since I will be living in Midtown ATL without a garage or much room for tools. Maybe I'll see yall on the street?

85gtsblackman
07-10-2006, 01:02 AM
your having 91stxman 5th gen celica ownership syndrome

enjoy, u will have 4 years of everything failing

gacelicagurl88
07-10-2006, 03:43 AM
man, I have to check fuel pump prices........and kingston= me right now. My sister lives here!

90CelicaST
07-10-2006, 03:57 AM
Hey, whatup Romans from GA! My mom is moving to Kingston in 2 weeks and I will be doing all my car work at her house since I will be living in Midtown ATL without a garage or much room for tools. Maybe I'll see yall on the street?
That's awesome. We will definately need to hang out. When you get here, let me know, like PM or something, and we can get in touch.

85gtsblackman
07-10-2006, 05:16 AM
well do u want a new or used pump

lemme know i get oem parts cheap and used stuff cheaper

Doc
07-10-2006, 05:45 AM
When I got mine I had to drive around everywhere to find it. When I finally did find it the drunkasses who worked there didn't even know what it was, or where I had found it in their own store. Every place that didn't carry it I got the blank stare too.

One guy at Checker kept asking "What is it?" I told him like 6 times. Told him "It's usually by the gear oil" and "It's in a round yellow bottle about this big", then I found where the gear oil was, saw that they didn't carry it and I told him that he didnt carry it, then he started arguing with me like "Oh man. Shuh. I swear I've seen it around here sumwhere bro." God what a hack. :laugh:

Syncromesh is a GM product, manufactured by pennzoil. I think... either way, any GM/Chevy dealership will have the stuff. About 10 bucks a quart, though.

MCcelica
07-10-2006, 02:16 PM
^I found it at Napa. Seeing as it was my 4th trip into a parts store within 15 minutes, the guy asked "Can I help you find something?" To which I replied "Probably not" and went about my business.

extremeskillz
07-10-2006, 04:37 PM
sounds like when you get it started then when you hit the gas it blobs out. It sounds like fuel pump or could be dirty injectors! good luck..

gacelicagurl88
07-10-2006, 09:35 PM
yeah, I got some luck thanks to dan!

Disco Dan
07-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah, so I took my lunch break, which involved my taking a coworker to the doctor's office, stopping at the Toyota dealer to pick up a part that I had ordered months ago (miraculously they still had it on the shelf) and swap the belt at Autozone for the proper one (somehow the wrong sized belt ended up in the right-sized belt's packaging. Strange stuff) and picking up my coworker from the doctor's and returning her to the office. And all of this transpired about the time the auction ended. So I missed it. HOWEVER! All is not lost. I'm gonna write the guy and secure it for you anyway. I'll just tell him I missed the end of the auction, etc. etc. No one else had bid on it before it ended, so he's still got it. Anyway, sorry for the setback, but I should be able to remedy that tonight.

85gtsblackman
07-11-2006, 12:50 AM
u probally gotta do what i did to the stx

replace pump, fuel filter, get the injectors professionally cleaned (guy does em here and flow matches em for 10 dollars a pop) , run 2 cans of cd2 though a tank of gas just to help clean anything in the lines and the pistion tops

elektrateq
07-11-2006, 07:04 AM
^I found it at Napa. Seeing as it was my 4th trip into a parts store within 15 minutes, the guy asked "Can I help you find something?" To which I replied "Probably not" and went about my business.

Lol... I'm NOT surprised. FYI never buy inner tie rod boots from autozone... specially the one's names "speedi boot". They have like this one size fits all boot or something and they WILL NOT fit.

elektrateq
07-11-2006, 07:05 AM
man, I have to check fuel pump prices........and kingston= me right now. My sister lives here!

ever heard of Ireland Dr.?

elektrateq
07-11-2006, 07:07 AM
your having 91stxman 5th gen celica ownership syndrome

enjoy, u will have 4 years of everything failing

Yop... goin through that right now @ 275k miles!

gacelicagurl88
07-11-2006, 07:14 AM
YES!!! my cuz lives right down from ireland dr!!!!!! oyu got aim? you need to im me on there!!! seriously! or yahoo!