PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Your Favorite Celicatech Merchandise Logo!!!

Playfortoday
06-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Since there are members that entered several variations of the same design, votes for these variations will be combined at the end of the poll. This way they are not competing against themselves. We can then pick the best of their multiples if they happen to win.

Finally, here it is. This is the thread where we get to choose the new Celicatech merchandise logo. When you vote, please vote based on what you would want to sport on a shirt, hat, keychain, sticker, etc.

The winning design will also be evaluated by Celicatech staff for integration into our general website design/theme. If the staff's choice differs from the winning mechandise logo, the person chosen by the staff will be compensated via a cash prize.

The winner of the merchandise logo contest will receive free stuff that displays their very own design as compensation, or the winner may choose a cash prize equal to the value of the merchandise package.

The winning design will also be evaluated by the Celicatech staff for integration into our general website design theme. The website staff's choice for a new website logo may differ from the logo that will be used for merchandise. If that is the case, the winner of the website logo selection will receive a modest cash prize, or if they prefer, some merchadise.

Bottom line, we wish we could give out a big cash prize, but we are all poor due to paying for licenses, upgrades to the site, and monthly bandwidth. The real prize here is the honor that comes from being seeing your design worn around the world on Celicatech merchandise, and seeing your design every time you come to Celicatech.com.

We have not decided yet, but if voting is really close, we may award multiple winner. Who knows, we'll see how the voting goes.

On with the voting. Pretend like G.W. Bush just repealed the 22nd ammendment, and he is running for a third term as President.

(Contest entries are in alphabetical order by participant name.)

Playfortoday
06-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Feel free to chat it up in this thread. Speak your minds, tell us what you like about the logo you chose, cheer on your favorite design, and most of all, have fun! Since a link to this thread was emailed to 4200 members, this thread can be really interesting and enjoyable. I'd like to meet some of our lurkers:) Good luck guys!

NZAngel
06-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Well I voted for your one like you have in your sig, cuz it's nice and colourful and 5th gens rock ;)
I'd like to buy merchandise when it's released, so make sure you guys will post to New Zealand :D

Playfortoday
06-25-2006, 09:19 AM
We can definitely ship anywhere. Looks liek we may be shipping a lot of "gifts";) outside of the US. Haha, customs.:hehe:

NZAngel
06-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Hahaha while you're at it, i'll have some of those pretty door mirrors like you guys have.. didnt happen to our celicas :P

=cJ=
06-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Heh, you could probably arrange a swap Angel, you'll have JDM'ers fallign at your feet ;)

w00t, the Antipodean plague is spreading :waveoz:

I voted Rav3nxazx, I could see that design working in a lot of places, on mugs, on a shirt, hats, it's clean, simple and I could see myself repping with a hoodie, beanie, cap, stickerzzzz, lotsa stuff.

I would like to make an honourable mention to koobar, I could see myself repping celicatech in a hoodie with that on the back too, but I couldn't vote.

Hehe, I'ma better judge than artist :p

RockStarZeus
06-25-2006, 09:47 AM
I like your general design, Play, but I have a 4th gen and am somewhat diappointed that all the cars in yours are 5th gen.....

NZAngel
06-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Heh, you could probably arrange a swap Angel, you'll have JDM'ers fallign at your feet ;)

w00t, the Antipodean plague is spreading :waveoz:

HAAHA I could too... wanna swap yours for some too? :P

=cJ=
06-25-2006, 09:55 AM
:jacked:

Hehe, nar, I like my folding mirrors, it's the only way I can get into my garage. :p There's a heap more stuff I have to do before I even think about aesthetics.

Okay, back OT, is this the final vote, or will it be an elimination-type thing play?

PINOIZE
06-25-2006, 10:22 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/supershannon77.jpg

Should be you're

MCcelica
06-25-2006, 02:07 PM
There were a lot of good designs there, it was hard to pick, so I went with one that nobody else voted for!

Mister2T
06-25-2006, 02:57 PM
I personally like docs the best, its clean and looks nice.

tealterror
06-25-2006, 03:02 PM
koobar is nice

Playfortoday
06-25-2006, 03:23 PM
I like your general design, Play, but I have a 4th gen and am somewhat diappointed that all the cars in yours are 5th gen.....

There would have been 4th gens in my picture if any 4th gens would have showed up!;)

But I totally understand why you would not vote for a design due to it having the wrong gen. I might have voted for koobar's design too, but I will not sport a shirt with a 6th gen prominently on the front when I am a fifth gen owner. A lot of us asked koobar to move the 5th gen to the front, but he never responded.:( Anyway, that is neither here nor there, good louck everyone!:D

presure2
06-25-2006, 03:38 PM
simple works best for me, on anything.
doc.

Zepp
06-25-2006, 05:17 PM
i like alot of the designs ... but the " flashy ones" just wont work on hats buttons ... mugs .. etc ...

have you guys ever seen supragoddess cafepress website ??? .. its all about celica stuff .. and supra .. but mainly celica ... .. have a look at her site BEFORE you vote so you can see what will fit nicely ....

i voted for the basic one by doc :)

whitelighter
06-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I like that ride the dragon one for a hat.

Project_ST184
06-25-2006, 06:08 PM
i don't really like any of them...

TEAMFaint
06-25-2006, 06:45 PM
I voted for Koobar's. I think the design is absolutely awesome and I could definately see myself wearing it on a t-shirt or a hoodie :cool:

Cavanagh
06-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Ravs is winning right now and i dont see how a C with a line through is suppose to be a T. I like the one with the 6th gen rally car, or koobars.

supershannon77
06-25-2006, 09:42 PM
..i no mine is worng..i did it fast never corrected it sorry everyone...but i still can correct it

ciento44
06-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Lol.... thanks for putting up my quickie/dirty one. :P

I knew i had a photoshop project to work on.. i just forgotted. Was going to fix the lettering and the border. Oh well.

Anyways, my vote is for c3licas.

GT4SOM
06-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Are we putting the main logo on the back of the shirt and having Celicatech.com on the front left of the shirt?

GT4SOM
06-25-2006, 11:46 PM
I would say put the image from koobar on the back of the shirts and put the winning image from Rav3nxazx on the front left. That would look pretty sweet.

mtp_69_i
06-26-2006, 12:39 AM
i went with Docs but for a Tee I'd def sport Koobars print on the back, maybe with Docs Celicatech.com on the front. teh sex.

Playfortoday
06-26-2006, 04:16 AM
i don't really like any of them...

Thanks for contributing.:rolleyes:

MrWOT
06-26-2006, 05:58 AM
I would say put the image from koobar on the back of the shirts and put the winning image from Rav3nxazx on the front left. That would look pretty sweet.

:stupid:

RockStarZeus
06-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Ravs is winning right now and i dont see how a C with a line through is suppose to be a T. I like the one with the 6th gen rally car, or koobars.

I voted for Rav's because it's a nice clean design and doesn't favor any particular generation(s) of celica....not everyone has the money for a 5th or 6th gen.....

mtp_69_i
06-26-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd say 4th gen owners (on the whole) are simply more discerning rather than lacking in funds :hehe:

will webcam for food :yum:

Playfortoday
06-26-2006, 01:55 PM
All I know, is that I won't be happy sporting a 6th gen dominant shirt when all I have only owned is a 2nd, 4th, and three 5th gens. No offense to anybody. I, like most Celica fans, have generation preference like most people. Even the seventh gen guys think the seventh gen is the best Celica(although we all know the seventh gen is not a real celica.) Burn! Just kidding.

I am hoping that a non-gen specific design wins. That way, eveyone will be happy.

Luni
06-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Rav is killing right now.

I like all his designs and think theyd all be great on a shirt.

Playfortoday
06-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Word. I would sport that.

3sgte@daspeedof
06-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Celikid(just need to beable to read celica)
doc
jjazmin
LONEWOLF
maxaud
Koobar(but agree that the 5th gen should be in front)
Rav3nxazx(some of the best designs,imo)

igoman
06-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I think this one shoud be worked a litle more:

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/Koobar1.JPG

At least he includes 3 models the better ones :bowdown:

tuner
06-26-2006, 06:51 PM
going with Rav3nxazx on this one... it would make a sweet sticker

Cavanagh
06-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Ravs is winning right now and i STILL dont see how a C with a line through is suppose to be a T.

Rav3nxazx
06-27-2006, 01:34 AM
thanks guys.. for the input and votes.. as for the ct i didnt want to make it like really ovious.. i just wanted a mark so people can rember it.. and rember it as the celica tech mark not just ct which can mean anything..

Playfortoday
06-27-2006, 02:23 AM
Ravs is winning right now and i STILL dont see how a C with a line through is suppose to be a T.

That's the point. A memorable logo.

Murgatroy
06-27-2006, 08:35 PM
I still think it looks too much like a Star Trek Emblem.

If we have to go with a memorable logo, I would prefer Docs, but as far as a design to wear on a T-Shirt, I prefer Koobars.

mtp_69_i
06-28-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm with you Murgs. Docs + Koobar on a tee = teh sex

GT4SOM
06-28-2006, 12:57 AM
There would have been 4th gens in my picture if any 4th gens would have showed up!;)

But I totally understand why you would not vote for a design due to it having the wrong gen. I might have voted for koobar's design too, but I will not sport a shirt with a 6th gen prominently on the front when I am a fifth gen owner. A lot of us asked koobar to move the 5th gen to the front, but he never responded.:( Anyway, that is neither here nor there, good louck everyone!:D

Good point, too late to retract my vote?? :laugh:

Playfortoday
06-28-2006, 02:13 AM
Good point, too late to retract my vote?? :laugh:

PM me what you want to change your vote to, and I will adjust it.:)

kbox
06-28-2006, 03:14 AM
Voted. :)

KoreanJoey
06-28-2006, 03:25 AM
I'm diggin Ravs.

Playfortoday
06-28-2006, 03:26 AM
Voted. :)

Thanks man(or woman. Jody can be a girl's name too;))! I hope the mass emails are not annoying too many people. Sorry guys and gals. I just want to make sure everyone is involved that wants to be.:D

Playfortoday
06-28-2006, 03:29 AM
Hey, Jody, PM me with a little more info about your siggy link. Looks interesting!

Blackcloud
06-28-2006, 03:42 AM
voted

Playfortoday
06-28-2006, 04:01 AM
voted

It's about damn time.:hehe: Where have you been?

toysota
06-28-2006, 04:11 AM
Rav3nxazx FTW! Too bad I'm still the only one that voted for that certain one... :luvydunno

mister3
06-28-2006, 04:35 AM
voted

muxon
06-28-2006, 04:43 AM
Lol.. Hi guys! :wavebg:

I voted. Very nice work Rav3nxazx. Looks like I voted for the popular one too. Very professional looking.

and almost as good as otug lol

:hehe:

Playfortoday
06-28-2006, 05:27 AM
and almost as good as otug lol

What do you mean?

roman
06-28-2006, 06:18 AM
He's probably talking about the OTUG logo. It's pretty sweet looking.

Some of the ones that Rav3nxazx designed are more professional looking though.

Murgatroy
06-28-2006, 07:14 AM
The OTUG logo was ripped off, it is not original of OTUG. The Toyota Emblem with horns and a tail has been around since C.net and I am sure longer.

Playfortoday
06-28-2006, 01:47 PM
The OTUG logo was ripped off, it is not original of OTUG. The Toyota Emblem with horns and a tail has been around since C.net and I am sure longer.

This is correct. That is why I am curious what he meant.

adam714
06-28-2006, 02:13 PM
I voted for koobars, when I saw it it caught my eye.

94CelicaRedHatch
06-28-2006, 07:57 PM
I liked LoneWolfs but after looking at the resutls so far, someone is winning this by a landslide :cool:

KoreanJoey
06-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Yay to no ricey logo!

juneyie
06-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi
I went for the cars one, although I think it would look better with all the series of Celica being shown off, instead of the old celica's..just a thought

muxon
06-28-2006, 10:48 PM
True... But I believe it was modified a bit. The OTUG logo isn't a Toyota emblem, though it resembles one.

I was just messin anyway.. gotta keep the fire alive! :hehe:

Lots of these look great! I like loki's... reminds me of Tech N9ne.

c3lica
06-28-2006, 11:52 PM
4th place get a prize? :(

GT4-CS
06-29-2006, 12:22 AM
I vote for GT4-CS - tee hee!! :wiggle:

DrivenFreeX
06-29-2006, 09:07 AM
i voted for rav's, but i personally think the colors from the second set of designs, black and red would look sweet on the first designs.

but i think color changing for stickers and stuff should be no problem

G-Zone
06-29-2006, 09:34 AM
I wanted to contribute to this site, so I drew up something I hope some members will like it if it's not too late to submit designs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/G-Zone/Misc/CelicaTech1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/G-Zone/Misc/CelicaTechShirtF.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/G-Zone/Misc/CelicaTechShirtB.jpg

I drew this up from scratch. The artwork is vectored and ready to print on any merchandise. You don't have to do 4 color process imprinting (saves money).
Let me know what you guys think? If this messes up the voting, then just discard it.

-Chris G.

mtp_69_i
06-30-2006, 12:53 AM
nice work Chris G! I'd wear that for sure.

Playfortoday
06-30-2006, 02:05 AM
Unfortunately I can't add it to be fair to the others. If you have any connections with shops, let me know. I have not come up with a deal with any vendors yet.

jaded_driver
06-30-2006, 05:13 AM
i voted for boeiend 1st one... however it was really hard because i couldn't compare anyhting side by side... i like his.. but when i see the more popular ones i like them better... guess i missed them :P oh well

G-Zone
06-30-2006, 07:47 AM
Unfortunately I can't add it to be fair to the others. If you have any connections with shops, let me know. I have not come up with a deal with any vendors yet.

Thats ok, I understand.
I'm actually the Graphics Artist for a promotional company and we do stuff like this (Imprinting on merchandise).

If you can get what you want together, I'm sure I can get one of my sales rep to give you a good deal. I'm picky about artwork submited by customers, I ask for Vectored artwork or at least 300dpi artwork, if that's not provided then I will have to redraw it for them.

Once you have this together just shoot me an email and I'll get you some prices.

-Chris G.

G-Zone
06-30-2006, 07:52 AM
nice work Chris G! I'd wear that for sure.

Thanks, I appreciate the comment.

-Chris G.

Doc
06-30-2006, 07:25 PM
G-Zone, your sig is disturbing, but awesome. Do you have a website portfolio of your work?

You know, if you combine the votes for all three of the current decal designs, i'm technically in 2nd place (with kinick313 of course). :D

For those who have not voted, consider this. My design (below) has been around for a long time and has proven itself very versitile around the site. I've seen it integrated in a number of sig pics and other graphics. Also, there are many celicas driving around with this symbol on them. We all know the design is good and works well. Thanks everyone who voted for mine.

[/end shameless plug]

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/doc3.jpg

Luni:
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/1/ctechsig_298451.jpg
4thgenceli:
http://www.my4thgencelica.net/siggy2.jpg
91stxman:
http://i2.tinypic.com/qxqemv.jpg

slvrblt:
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/brucew/car/IMG_0046.JPG
Doc:
http://hosted.docman.cc/pichost/uploadFiles/decalAfter.jpg
chrisD:
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/4/DSC038981.JPG
Murgatroy:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/murgatroy/Picture006.jpg

Cavanagh
06-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Good Point, i do like your designs and always have, but as of now, i'm assuming Rav is going to win, unless the others of Ctech vote and get there input in this.

Playfortoday
07-01-2006, 12:47 AM
You know, I never even new that there was a sticker page to buy stickers on this site, and I am on this site A LOT. If I missed it, then I imagine most members didn't know about it. Doc's design was never advertised or presented to the public very much. If I had known, I would have bought a pack of them and gave them away all the time for promotions. I feel bad now, but this was out of my hands. No matter what design wins, Doc's design will still be for sale, so those of you who like it, you can still get it. But if you really do like it that much, why doesn't a lot of folks buy them up? This is why we had a contest. To get a design that people chose from the start... something they want to wear and apply to things. I thing Doc's design is good for stickers and I will proudly sport one or two on my car for the July 22nd meet.

I want to know how we can help Doc recover his expenses and to still make sure the new stuff sells. I am really afraid of having three boxes of shirts sitting in my garage foir the next five years.

What would motivate all of you guys/gals to purchase shirts and stickers from us? What is lacking? Are they hard to find? Not easy to buy? The wrong size? Color?

This is a good thread as any for a little market research, right?

Thanks for the input.:D

Doc
07-01-2006, 06:52 AM
You know, I never even new that there was a sticker page to buy stickers on this site, and I am on this site A LOT. If I missed it, then I imagine most members didn't know about it. Doc's design was never advertised or presented to the public very much. If I had known, I would have bought a pack of them and gave them away all the time for promotions. I feel bad now, but this was out of my hands. No matter what design wins, Doc's design will still be for sale, so those of you who like it, you can still get it. But if you really do like it that much, why doesn't a lot of folks buy them up? This is why we had a contest. To get a design that people chose from the start... something they want to wear and apply to things. I thing Doc's design is good for stickers and I will proudly sport one or two on my car for the July 22nd meet.

I want to know how we can help Doc recover his expenses and to still make sure the new stuff sells. I am really afraid of having three boxes of shirts sitting in my garage foir the next five years.

What would motivate all of you guys/gals to purchase shirts and stickers from us? What is lacking? Are they hard to find? Not easy to buy? The wrong size? Color?

Good point play. There was a fair amout of noise about getting ctech stickers when the site began. We had our own vote similar to this and all was going great. Then once the stickers were up for sale there was an initial surge of orders (10 or so) but then it died to 0-3 a month ever since. 55 total purchases in 14 months, many were 2 or more decals. I would love to offer more colors and sizes but with volume like this it just doesn't make sense.

If there is any way possible for you to avoid holding inventory and only buy shirts etc to order that would solve the problem i'm having. On the other hand, you have the issue of slower turn around time as well as additional hassle for yourself, whereas I just have to drop them in an envelop right at my desk. Cafepress would be ideal, but their capabilities are limited. Its a tough spot and I don't know anyone who's in that business.

DrivenFreeX
07-03-2006, 02:03 AM

As far as stickers....im waiting for ravs to become a sticker and ill buy it in a heartbeat.

When it comes to t-shirts, I would definitely buy a shirt with rav's design, and

if G-zone made a vectored 5th gen alltrac, that just had the car on the front of the shirt, and on the back it said something like All-Trac Celica, or GT4 Celica...something simple...

i really like Doc's design for a t-shirt, but not as a sticker, i think as a sticker it looks to big...

I am personally picky when it comes to the design/look of shirts stickers, and i personally think less is more...

but this is all one mans opinion, would like to hear some more thoughts on this too

ccsouls
07-03-2006, 03:55 PM
I vote for

Rav3nxazx

Doc
07-03-2006, 04:47 PM
As far as stickers....im waiting for ravs to become a sticker and ill buy it in a heartbeat.

hmm... makes me think. Since rav's design is far and away the winner at the moment, i'll assume his design is the next ctech logo and as such I will be happy to make decals for it. However, I need to know if we should definately keep the two color design at the sacrafice of higher cost (i'm thinking $5 for a single sticker and like 8 or 9 for two, subject to change). Also, what sizes would everyone prefer?

What does everyone think?

DrivenFreeX
07-03-2006, 08:48 PM
for a sticker, ill pay the extra for the two colors, but if it comes down to it, I'd still be happy with a 1 color =)

for sizes, i think one to fit onto the rear quarter window, maybe a little bit smaller than your design doc. I think yours is perfect for the rear windshield

bloodredgt
07-03-2006, 09:16 PM
I think the design made by Rav3nxazx should be on the front of a shirt and Koobar's design should be on the back so the shirt would be SICK!!!!!!

mtp_69_i
07-04-2006, 01:51 AM
^seconded.

rav's or doc's on the front. Koobar on the back.

Playfortoday
07-04-2006, 03:18 AM
The poll is closed. Thanks to everyone that voted. After a quick scan, it looks like Rav3nxazx is the winner.

CONGRATULATIONS Rav3nxazx!!!

I am still looking for a vendor for the products since it was difficult to determine pricing without an idea of what the end design would be like. I will keep all of you posted as things develop.

Regarding the koobar/Rav3nxazx combo design, we can do something like that, but keeping a specific generation dominant in the design will severely limit the number of people that will by the shirt. I have asked a member to make a similar design with the three generations of WRC GT-Fours all via equal representation. If the member doesn't come through, I will be looking to someone to do the non-gen-dominant design.

Thanks again everyone!

mtp_69_i
07-04-2006, 03:41 AM
I don't care if the 5th gen is in the middle.

oh yeah, and way to go Rav3nxazx!

Playfortoday
07-04-2006, 03:45 AM
I don't care if the 5th gen is in the middle.

Nor do I. The goal is to get them possibly in chronological order in the same plane, whereas no particular generation appears more dominant than the others.

alltracman78
07-04-2006, 04:12 AM
I voted Jay.
In case you care. :D

G-Zone
07-05-2006, 04:00 PM
G-Zone, your sig is disturbing, but awesome. Do you have a website portfolio of your work?

Haha, Thanks, but I didn't create that sig. Its from the Hip-Hop artist Immortal Technique (Felipe Coronel) who is also a political activist, my favorite rapper by far.
I don't have a portfolio online for people to view, but I keep all the work I've done on my computers still, I've done work for Raytheon, Samsung, Lockheed Martin; the list goes on.

if G-zone made a vectored 5th gen alltrac, that just had the car on the front of the shirt, and on the back it said something like All-Trac Celica, or GT4 Celica...something simple...

Whats wrong with the 4th gen? lol, j/k. I know people want their generations of Celica on the design but it takes alot of time to vector the image. I already had the 4th gen Celica drawn a while back, but I have no 5th or 6th gen.
If any one wants the 4th gen Celica artwork, I'll gladly give it for free. Just message me with what format you would like the file in.

Congrats to Rav3nxazx!

-Chris G.

Doc
07-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Congrats Rav3nxazx. We'll have to get together about making decals out of your design.

EVERYONE:
- I need to know if we're willing to pay extra for two-color decals.
- Also, what sizes would everyone like?

Please let me know your thoughts.

jjazmin
07-23-2006, 09:46 PM
can we get gold or bronze decals..

Rav3nxazx
07-25-2006, 05:54 AM
i am thinking like 5 in long should be fine.. color i can care less one color or 2 eitherway its all good.

RallyK
07-27-2006, 02:00 AM
So When Do We Get T-shirts!?

Playfortoday
07-27-2006, 03:32 AM
I have had two vendors flake out already. I am trying to secure another. I don't want the profit margin so small that we can't pay the bills around here, so it is proving more difficult that just going to cafe press.

Borinal
08-17-2006, 06:33 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/2/Koobar1.JPGKoobar would make an awesome white t-shirt