PDA

View Full Version : Well, at least I tried (Ebay warning)

Playfortoday
06-24-2006, 04:31 AM
There is a guy on ebay selling a gen3 ecu and saying it works on a gen2 engine. Sure, we could all agree that with some plug repinning, an st205 igniter, 550cc inj, MAP, IAT, and MAF, it will work fine. We all know this. The problem here is that even after three very detailed emails explaining this to him, he still insists that a gen3 ecu is a simple plug and play on a gen2 engine. I really want him to have a successful auction, and I may even bid, but what I don't want is a guy who doesn't know to get screwed or hurt his car. The seller just responded to me that he has a post from someone that guarantees it will work PnP, and he is going to post it. I told him I was from here in my post hoping he would come and check us out. He chose not to post my second email that says exactly what you need to make it work since it will hurt his auction. Opinions? Anyone else want to try and make him understand?

Ebay Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8077500167)

MrWOT
06-24-2006, 04:57 AM
Don't forget! It changes your valve timing! :squint: This guy doesn't have a clue what he's talking about Play... I'd just let it go. He says in the auction is was "tested on a stock gen 2" which is definetly not a PnP application for a gen 3 ecu, which therefore is simply a blatent lie... Caveat Emptor Play....

Playfortoday
06-24-2006, 05:02 AM
lol... changes valve timing...:hehe:

I just wanted some other folks to see it. I tried everything to convince him.

burnyd
06-24-2006, 07:58 AM
why do you waste so much of your time?

Cavanagh
06-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Play is a good man. I Think honeslty Play wasn't helping the seller, but the person who thinks it will fit there car and then ends up messing it up. Way to watch out for others. :bigthumbu

MCcelica
06-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Sometime real soon we're going to get a noob asking us how to get a gen 3 ecu to work on a gen 2, you watch...

Playfortoday
06-24-2006, 04:58 PM
why do you waste so much of your time?

Why do you waste so much time trolling my threads?

Playfortoday
06-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Here is a response I just got to my final, "ok this is what needs to be done". It looks like the kid posted a response directed at me from his source. I know the seller is not not from Hux Racing.

"as i said before, a jdm gen III ecu will plug in to a jdm genII ecu and work just fine. i assure yo ui have done it plenty of times. the jdm gen III ecu will plug in to a usdm gen II ecu but yo uwill need either a differant wiring harness or a bypass for your absolute pressure sensor and your maf sensor. dont believe me? check out my site http://www.huxracingusa.com surely you have heard of me and my wife emily if you are a true mr2 enthusiast. "

Playfortoday
06-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Here is my response to him:

You might want to tell eric hux who's message you sent to me as a response that no, I have not heard of him until now, and also that you forgot to add this important part to your item description: "but yo uwill need either a differant wiring harness or a bypass for your absolute pressure sensor and your maf sensor." He just said what I have told you three times now. You might want to add that. Try comprehending what you just said, rather than trying to school me with exactly what I allready told you. Holy shit.

Feel free to flame away if you have lots of time to waste like me.:rolleyes: More like I was trying to protect the possible buyers, troll.

Playfortoday
06-24-2006, 05:33 PM
I still can't believe he went to Emily and Eric Hux and basically told them only that I said it would not work. He conveniently left out all the conditions I said were needed to make it work. Basically the same things that hux racing said.

PS. Hux reacing has some nice shit for MR2's. Makes me want an MR2 now. I wish we had an st185 fabricator that could do the sweet stuff they do.

Cavanagh
06-24-2006, 10:33 PM
He deserves an ass beating from stupidity.