PDA

View Full Version : JDM parts. here we go AGAIN.

JDMjosh
06-23-2006, 01:58 AM
well, i've been talking to the boyfriend of a girl i know. he's from australia, but is in Japan right now. he'll be flying to canada in 2 weeks, then abck home to aus.

as is stands, he is searching for JDM parts for 4th Gen Celica's. i.e. bumpers, corners, rhd dashboards/steering linkages. the first test run will be for my car. if it happens. this is the fourth time i've tried getting jdm parts for myself and all three previous times have ended with my losing contact with the other party, them being lazy and doing nothing or them not understanding north america's facination with JDM and not bothering because it doesn't make sense to them.

no vision people.. no vision!

so here we go again.

i have promised him there is money to be made in JDM parts. with the amount of people i know PERSONALLY.. with japanese cars that crave JDM parts.. or kids that have imported right hand drive cars that badly need parts for sefety inspections, there is MOS DEF money to be made and jdm-hungry kids to be pleased.

so.... again.. i will do my best and let you all know how it turns out. i'm sure many of you have long lists of jdm shit you've always wanted.. this MAY.. be your chance :D

Later.

PhillyDRFT
06-23-2006, 04:39 AM
If this doesnt fall thru, think you can get your hands on some Nissan parts too ^.^?

JDMjosh
06-23-2006, 05:48 AM
hells yeah. it's all used parts, mostly from wreckers. some used shit from shops maybe too. for the first run, i compiled a list of immediate stuff i want and 2 friends of mine want. it's not toyota specific by any means...

so he'll call around, go out and try to find stuff on thsi list. obviously, the more stock to the car this jdm stuff is, the easier and cheaper it'll be, but yeah. nissan too, for sure.

Cavanagh
06-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Thats awesome, good luck and don't let this one fall thru! J/K

JDMjosh
06-23-2006, 09:08 AM
lol.. believe you me... i won't.

Luni
06-23-2006, 07:35 PM
What kind of parts?

Cause I want some brake parts off a JDM MR2, and also a CT20b turbo off one too. That shit HAS to be cheaper than the crazy prices people charge here in the states. Its utterly ridiculous sometimes.

Cavanagh
06-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I say all of C-tech goes on a field trip to japan and collect as many jdm parts as possible!!

PhillyDRFT
06-23-2006, 08:13 PM
I say all of C-tech goes on a field trip to japan and collect as many jdm parts as possible!!

I second this movement!

My cousin went over last year and he loved it, told me they have used performance part stores that put our speed shops to shame. lol
180sx light bar in japan goes dor 3$ us, here it goes for 100$+

GT-4 tail light corners go for less than 1$ and sell for 60$+ here
same with the clear corner lights...

"JDM" is expensive lol and thats just lights!

alltracman78
06-24-2006, 01:52 AM
not understanding north america's facination with JDM

We do?

TEAMFaint
06-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Hey dude. If your friend can get ahold of an alltrac hood OR a CS hood from a 5th gen for cheap and and/or a set of clear corners I would DEFINATELY buy them. Anything less than $300 CAN for the hood and I'd take it as long as its not bent at all or any huge unrepairable cracks. Would perfer a CS hood though:P

We live pretty close so shipping to me wouldnt be that big of a problem:)

Cavanagh
06-24-2006, 08:28 AM
We do?

I Deffinatley think the U.S. only has a JDM craze. I have never known why, but i like JDM too. :hehe: :lolhittin

PhillyDRFT
06-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Because americans want what they cant have, since you cant exactly pick it up at the local pep boys it becomes a slight rarity. I honestly don't understand it myself ither but a lot of the parts add something nice to your car and most of them are OEM parts too so its not some crap aftermarket part

3sgte@daspeedof
06-24-2006, 07:39 PM
clear bumper lights for a 5th gen please!!

Cavanagh
06-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Ya, and i think JDM cars are usaully better looking also, like for the Integra for instance, in Japan they look badass, here there so-so. I agree with PhillyDFT on that call ;)