PDA

View Full Version : Turbo or supercharger for GTS

DtronixX
06-22-2006, 08:14 AM
What is your opinion on the 2?

which would work best for the GTS.

My buddy has a supercharged gts, and it is sweet!!

i do not know anybody that has a turbo gts, so i have nothing to compare it with.

ciento44
06-22-2006, 08:43 AM
The reason why you don't know anyone that has a turbo GTS is becuase the turbo kits themselves haven't been in production long. The GT has had kits for awhile, because the lower compression of the 1zz is a bit more boost-friendly, but turboing the 2zz in the GTS, obviously with the really high compression, you run into some complications.

That being said, if you want to see some basic results, try searching streetfire to get a basic idea, or even look around for results of turbo kits for the Lotus Elise.

In most cases, turbo > Supercharger. But personally, i'd do the supercharger, just because it'll be easier to deal with, and i love the way they sound. You won't get a ton more power out of a turbo with a bolt on kit.

Colossus20v
06-22-2006, 01:16 PM
^Going with what Ciento44 said, the gts is not so boost friendly because of the higher compression. I have seen people boost the 2zzge though with 5-7psi and put down about 225whp. So with a little boost and proper intercooling and a nice tune you can put those types of numbers down with a turbo. Someone supercharged and rebuilt their 2zz and I think was putting out almost 300hp, but that was with a lot of money and time put into the car.

Smaay on this board I think is rebuilding his gts right now for plans of more boost I believe.

DtronixX
06-24-2006, 01:43 AM
:bigthumbu thanks guys

arctik06
11-26-2008, 04:15 AM
s/c and invest in aftermarket internals for best results

vip09
11-26-2008, 05:17 AM
wow.. back from the dead.

The Greddy S/C kit for the GT-S is horrible. It's notorious for breaking brackets.

I would go turbo over s/c for the 2zz. Turbo kits have been around for years. The early ones were not so good, but the kit Smaay sells and the kit that turbokits.com sells are both good kits. The turbokits.com kit is complete and comes with everything you need. My friend has this kit on his car with the GT28RS and it's very nice.

arctik06
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
how much horse power,and how much boost is he running? Im goin to get a kit from there soon.

vip09
12-02-2008, 09:14 PM
how much horse power,and how much boost is he running? Im goin to get a kit from there soon.

He dynoed 280whp at 10 or 12psi. Can't remember.