PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a carfax account?

Dr Tweak
06-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Does anyone have a carfax account? We signed up for one, but it's only good for eBay motors. :S

We need this VIN checked out: 1G3WH52H92F103355

Thanks so much!

Colossus20v
06-21-2006, 09:10 PM
WHo are you?

Azzazzyn
06-21-2006, 09:11 PM
yay tweak i love you. I'm gonna need a rebuild and I'm looking at you lover :) oh, I don't have a carfax, sorry.

GRUMPY514
06-22-2006, 09:33 AM
If you would check out OT MrWOT has been doing them for us nooB!!!

I will give him a direct link to this page.

Dr Tweak
06-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Ok, thanks I would appreciate it! This is actually Niki (Dr Tweak's wife). The carfax is for my dad. He's buying a car today but he wants the VIN checked out first. Dr Tweak had signed up for carfax, but didn't realize at the time that he could only access it through eBay Motors, and this car is not on eBay motors.

So when I asked him about it, he suggested I make a thread asking if anyone had a carfax account and would please help me out. :)

My dad will be picking up this car this afternoon, so if anyone could help me out that would be awesome!

-Niki (using Dr Tweak's account)

Colossus20v
06-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Niki, I dont know if WOT will get in touch with you in time to run the carfax before your dad buys the car. Can your dad tell the guy that if he'll buy it as long as the car fax comes out clean, and if it doesnt then he wants his money back? Just to cover his butt, thats all.

Do you have the VIN number already?

Edit: I forgot you already posted the vin in the first post.

Dr Tweak
06-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Well, my dad has already put a deposit on the car, and this afternoon/evening is supposed to go pick it up. Hmm I wonder if he told me the wrong day, cuz tomorrow is his actual day off?

I guess the car is originally from Texas and now in Montreal, QC. The guy said something about it being in a flood but that it was completely fixed up. My dad is getting a great deal on it, but after thinking more about it, he is a little worried about what else might be in its history. He checked out the car (he does his own mechanic work), and it seems ok... but he's still concerned and would feel better knowing its history.

So any extra info on that car would be great.

-Niki

MrWOT
06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER! I've never been in a flooded car that didn't either mildew or have electrical issues later. :ugh: Hope he knew what he was doing... It was also a rental car :eek2:

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments: 06/29/2001 5 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Virginia Beach, VA Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Registered as
rental vehicle
(major car rental company)

06/30/2001 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Virginia Beach, VA Title or registration issued

09/10/2002 29,285 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Gloucester, VA Title or registration issued
New owner reported

09/10/2002 Dealer Inventory
Gloucester, VA Vehicle offered for sale

03/19/2003 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Gloucester, VA Title or registration issued

10/29/2003 44,890 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Charlottesville, VA New owner reported
FLOOD DAMAGE TITLE ISSUED

10/29/2003 Virginia
Motor Vehicle Department
Richmond, VA Vehicle sustained significant water damage
due to Hurricane Isabel
FLOOD DAMAGE TITLE ISSUED

08/20/2004 Quebec
Motor Vehicle Dept. New owner reported
REBUILT TITLE ISSUED
Registered as
personal vehicle

Colossus20v
06-22-2006, 04:18 PM
:eek:

Dr Tweak
06-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks so much! I let my mom know, so when my dad gets home, she'll get him to call me. I guess it wasn't in Texas after all.

He did not know it was once a rental car. I guess the car doesn't have too many miles, and he was hoping they were all highway miles, but if it was a rental car, then it probably was mostly city miles. :(

To be brought into Canada, it had to go through a pretty intense inspection. I guess they rewired everything...

Anyhow, I will pass along the info.

Again, thank you! :)

-Niki

GRUMPY514
06-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Ouch no good.