PDA

View Full Version : wire from distributer to ignition coil..

xeril
01-11-2005, 04:41 PM
i think this wire might be bad (or not good enough..) whenever i try and give my car a load (or even give it a lot of gas) it starts doing this weird jolting and the rpms go down (more like a bouncing action and the car gives a few pops and stuff) and then it stalls. but if i don't do anything, it'll idle fine. and for some reason, it doesn't do this when i'm in reverse?!? which doesn't make since to me since i drive a manual car. opinions..

Freeze
01-11-2005, 09:25 PM
I had this happen recently. I'd go for a new distributor cap (comes with the wire to the coil) and some new plug wires...just in case. I went all out and got plugs, plug wires and new distributor, but that's just 'cause it was more fun that way :-).

Punisher
01-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Dark night.. take a bottle of soapy water.. spray it all over your wires, dizzy cap and that coil high tension line.. I'm betting you will see arc's (sparks jumping from the high tension lines to metal parts) If so.. you know what you gotta replace.

These 5sfe's seem to be very sensitive to ignition parts.. so low quality or worn parts will cause nasty issues.. as for me, I had the same jolting.. I had soft spots.. where I'd hit the gas and nothing would happen for a few moments then it would start to go.. even though the RPMs were already in the 3K range.. I had HORRIBLE gas mileage.. etc.. check your timing too.