PDA

View Full Version : Pimp My Ride

90CelicaST
06-05-2006, 12:38 AM
I saw the preview of the new season of Pimp My Ride that airs the 19th or something. One of the cars is a red 1990 Celica. They only showed the pass. side front end. It was missing the corner light for that side, had a blue hood, and I think driven by a girl..? A 30sec search on Google showed that they were going to have 2 terabytes worth of storage for an iPod.

Murgatroy
06-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I would literally do my best to assault Xzibit if he showed up at my house to 'Pimp My Ride.'

That or send him off with the Wife's car... :hehe:

extremeskillz
06-05-2006, 05:39 PM
I like pimp my ride but i hate some of the concepts they use. Like Fruit blender, a hot tub, etc. I would have to sell my car after it got back from them!

bloodredgt
06-05-2006, 06:48 PM
For sure I'd sell my car if I got my car back from them. They like to make cars a little TOO unique. Something that would stick out like a sore thumb for the five-O's to see.

Toyota_Todd
06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
You wouldn't have to sell it. Some crack-head would steal it and sell off all of the audio/video ish for a quick fix. :eek: Like they think somebody can park those cars on the street and have them survive. :ugh: They should make real cars for real people. :slap:

PhillyDRFT
06-05-2006, 09:04 PM
'The 240 they did on PMR is on my nissan forum. Hes a really cool guy and not a ricer despite what they did to his car lol. I wouldent mind seeing what they do to the Celi. Yeah they put bowling alleys and hot tubs in the cars but its for TV everything has to be over done. No one is as excited with there car as they look like on tv they tape the unveiling 10 times to get it rite lol. But ontop of that PMR has a screening process where they have to know a reason why you cant pay for the repairs yourself. so there helping out some broke ass kids too. Yeah its funny to laugh at the ricey stuff they do but also there hookin someone up who doesnt have much to begin with so let them put all the hot tubs and blenders in that they want lol

For sure I'd sell my car if I got my car back from them. They like to make cars a little TOO unique. Something that would stick out like a sore thumb for the five-O's to see.

from what im told your not alloud to sell your car after WCC touches it. They probly put a lean on the title or something. Because thats EXACTLY what the first few people who had there cars done did.

Cavanagh
06-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Ya, i saw an episode and it had 4 tv moniters on the outside of his car on each side, first is that nessecary? what are you gunna watch from the outside of your car? also i bet those were gone the first night on the street :) i personally don't like the show cause 90% of the time they put new paint,rims,and a speaker system and call it quits. i bet half those motors went a couple of months later since being such an old car.

TheNefariousOne
06-06-2006, 01:57 AM
Nah, they do fix any mechanical problems that the cars have, and keep up on it if the people are having any problems with it. I forget where I read it, but they definitely do. I think somehow if they didn't people would find out about it and the show woulda kinda fail.

TNO

6strngs
06-06-2006, 07:09 AM
honestly, cool concept... but why the HELL would you put a chandelier in a car!?!?! they do some of the most retarded things I have ever heard of.

one of the few that I did like, from the first season I believe, was the honda civic... yes I know, a civic... they did lambo doors, a nice paint job with some racing stripes, some subs in the back, rims, etc. and that was it!!! it looked real nice in the end, and they didn't do any of that stupid, useless stuff to it.