PDA

View Full Version : I locked my key in 90 celica :(

smartegyptian
06-04-2006, 08:09 PM
:wtf: Any tips where I can do it my self please

Thanks

acidice333
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Spare key.. Jimmy the lock (: Toyota could probably give u a brand new key for $20. They had my key code in a book, lol

JDMjosh
06-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I broke the only existing key for my Celica last summer. Toyota couldn't do a thing for me, so I called a tow truck, used one of the free tows i have on my package, and they came, took my door apart, took the lock out and made a key from scratch.

Would'a cost me about $45 Canadian if i hadn't of had free tows.

I'd try a good ol' coathanger dude. Does your door have a frame at the top? If not, it's easy as pie. Pull the top of the window back with a screwdriver and a rad (do it doesn't scratch) reach down with a coat hanger.

I've even seen it down by pulling the window back with a bare and and reaching another arm right down inside without the window breaking.

(I've got more tircks up my sleeves too. And I got LONG sleeves. ;))

smartegyptian
06-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Toyota said car is older they wont have that code anymore :( i guess i'll try AAA

ciento44
06-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Wire hanger, man.

I did it a few weeks ago in a huge storm. Asked here, got the same answers, then took about 20 minutes to get it, while trashed off my ass. It's not that hard.

Plus, the following week, i locked them in 3 more time. I've got it down to a science. 30 seconds, and i'm in.

Don't pay. Car is WAY too easy to break in to pay.

85gtsblackman
06-04-2006, 09:42 PM
big thick flat head skrew driver, undo a coat hanger, make coat hanger into a hook, stick skrew driver in window, use coat hanger on lock

Ricksta
06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
yea...flat head screwdriver...prie the window out of the liner. get a stick and shove it in there and hit the automatic door lock and your in. its a 60 second job

extremeskillz
06-04-2006, 10:48 PM
this is what i do. I keep a spare in my wallet just in case. you never forget your wallet!:)

Murgatroy
06-04-2006, 11:04 PM
I keep a spare key duct taped to the undercarriage of the car. That way, no matter what, I know there is a key for me.

Put your foot through the passenger side window, works everytime. :hehe:

wizzards581
06-04-2006, 11:07 PM
this happend to me a week ago and have no spare key.

cheapest way is to pry the window outside and stick your hands down to unlock. just pray for window not to shatter, becuz mine didnt.

with a coat hanger you gota know what your doing. if you dont, dont try becuz you will screw things inside the door.

acidice333
06-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Actually I went to Toyota with my key code I pulled off my key cylinder and they said it wasn't valid. I went back again, this time with the cylinder and still they said it was invalid. The guy said the key cutting machine only went back to 92, so the guy asked me what year my Celica was and he looked at a piece of paper that had a bunch of codes. It differed from my code I pulled but in the end, it was the same shape as my old keys.

Toyota said car is older they wont have that code anymore :( i guess i'll try AAA

cheesesliceking
06-05-2006, 05:14 PM
I keep a spare key duct taped to the undercarriage of the car. That way, no matter what, I know there is a key for me.

Put your foot through the passenger side window, works everytime. :hehe:

right then i'll keep an eye out for your car lol... of course im a few thousand miles away!!

Toyota_Todd
06-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Have you got in your car yet?

If not, hit me up with a PM asap and I will see if I can help you.