PDA

View Full Version : What products would you like to see on the market?

BiscutWheels
05-27-2006, 03:05 AM
I've added a link here to pictures of the parts in developement thus far. Read post 58~ish for more details. Link will be there too. You will not be able to get in to the Resume' folder, but the others are fair game.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/nmilliso/

Ok, its been a while since I've posted here. Here is what's going on. There is a very good chance that I will be able to start a small company to provide parts to the Toyota comunity. I know supras are taken care of and so are MR2s, but celica's have been forgotten. I want to know what you would like to see available that is not already. Feel free to give a price range you would be looking to pay for the products. Just a list if you would please. Post it here or email me, nmilliso@vt.edu .

Examples:
-5S-FE header
-7A-FE / 4A-FE header
-5S-GE conversion kit
-7A-GE / 4A-GE conversion kit
-A-series to S-series motor mount conversions
-CIA for both engine series'
-Chassis stiffening components
-Solid motor mounts
-Intake manifolds
-Exhausts
-Throttle body upgrade kits
-Rev.1 to Rev.2 conversion harnesses for 5S-FE and necessary parts
-Kits for both engines that would come in stages for power upgrades

Let me know.
Thanks,
Nate

jaded_driver
05-27-2006, 05:24 AM
INTAKE MANIFOLDS!!! BIG TIME WANT ONE FOR THE 3S OH WOW...

Motor mounts would be awesome too...

I know that this isn't going to happen however if you run across someone that can do it let them know

6 spd tranny :D with a better/longer gear ratio for a few reasons... to eliminate the crappy tranny toyota gave us, and also for fuel economy :) i'd definatly lay a couple grand on something like that :)

Bleeder
05-27-2006, 05:30 AM
I'd have to agree with the 6spd Tranny.

Playfortoday
05-27-2006, 05:43 AM
Where have you been? You might want to get some dialogue going with these guys so they will be more comfortable with you.

jaded_driver
05-27-2006, 05:56 AM
dude u produce a 6 speed and i'm more than comfortable.. i'm ready to sell the dog and move in :D

BiscutWheels
05-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Play, I have been doing some serious research and its taken lots of time. Still building my rev. 3 3S-GTE for my MR2, have a turbo kit ready to put on the 5S in the celica, building a MKI MR2 for a friend, exhaust research, developing a new spring-less valve train. Lost of good stuff. All is going well, except for the exhaust stuff, I have hit the limit of my programming capabilities with the complexities of the mathematics and to do this stuff by hand is incredibly time consumming.

I will get pictures up of the Celica, MKII MR2 and the MKI I have been working on.

I finally have a header 80% done for the 5S-FE, EQUAL LEGNTH 4-1!!! I just need to make a collector for it and test.

OK, a six speed tranny. Not a gappy as th S-53 or S-54 I take it and can hold what..... 450 lb-ft? A fully sequential gear box is available through TRD for the all-trac for $30,000. They only have a few left and they are in Japan. How much would you be willing to pay for a normal 6-speed gear box?

I have a design for an intake manifold for the 3S-GTE. I beleive that it will surpass all intakes that exists now and completely eliminate all cylinder biasing (more air to some and less to others). I know other manifolds are costing about $1000, what would you say if I could sell it for under $800?

Nate

alltracman78
05-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Do you plan on that manifold being a center feed or side feed?

BiscutWheels
05-27-2006, 06:33 PM
The design could go either way, which would you prefere? Center feed would be slightly easier to make but I already have a side feed designed.

Nate

Lagos
05-27-2006, 06:37 PM
since this applies to all generation celicas, im going to move it to the general forum.

6strngs
05-27-2006, 06:48 PM
if you could make a turbo kit for a 5sfe and make it cost under $1500... I'll get one!

Murgatroy
05-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Nate! Does this mean that you are gonna be posting more often?

Let me tell you guys a little story about this guy...

I met him at one of the Pigeon Forge meets, he drove down in his GT Coupe. Within 5 minutes of being there, he had his throttle body removed to repostion the gasket cause he had a leak. I have seen few ppl move like that under a hood, short of a NASCAR pit crew. And he managed to carry on a conversation with the 20 curious onlookers without losing his patience.

His goal then (and probably the turbo kit he is refering to) was to create a system where he could run a turbo that was easy to remove/install within a short amount of time, so one could run at the strip both N/A and FI for tuning purposes.

I would like to see some chassis stiffening components myself. Maybe some higher quality headers that would be competitive with what is already available. The CIA would be a bonus as well.

BEAMS
05-27-2006, 11:23 PM
I just want to see a -5S-GE conversion kit for all years, 90-98 5sfe's.

presure2
05-28-2006, 12:01 AM
if you could make a turbo kit for a 5sfe and make it cost under $1500... I'll get one!
that is 100% unrealistic. do you even understand what goes into a decently setup turbo kit?
biscut,
interesting stuff.
i cant see the reason for a>s series conversion stuff, it really is just drilling 2 holes, and poping in the s series mount.
the intake manifold is a good idea, but with the RMR very well priced @ 695, its gonna be extremley difficult to top it.
a celica specific header i think would sell well, as well as the CIA's.
also the chassis stiffening stuff id love to see.

alltracman78
05-28-2006, 04:22 AM
The design could go either way, which would you prefere? Center feed would be slightly easier to make but I already have a side feed designed.

Nate

Personally, I prefer center feed, but I'm partial to the wta tmic.
You would probably have a market for both, assuming you can make one at a competitive price....

Playfortoday
05-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Well, welcome back. I hope you will stick around like you used to in the old days. You have a ton to offer the community.:D

As for the intake manifold. I too am partial for my ARC TMIC. Center feed would be nice. Less the RMR price would be better for us and you.:hehe:

BiscutWheels
05-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Sorry for the delay of a day, my internet went out. Ok, center feed will be made first, I will aim for a price under $675. A 5S-GE kit that is easy enough to make.

I'll get the pictures of the 5S-FE header up later today, now that the computer is working.

I can make CIA's no problem.

Chassis stiffening components will come shortly after.

Let me see what I can do about a 5S-FE turbo kit. If I produce one it will have the following: turbo, manifold, downpipe, intercooler, piping, BOV, larger injectors, fuel pump, instructions. I cold even throw in an E-manage pre programmed for mechanical boost, with a plug and play wiring connector.

Here comes the hard part. I need to know what you are willing to pay for the following and I'll see what it will take me to produce them, maybe some compromise, you know the deal.

CIA (all aluminium mandrel bent pipe and filter)
5S-FE Header (16 gauge, mandrel bent, 304 stainless) w/ burns collector
5S-FE Header (16 gauge, mandrel bent, 304 stainless) w/o burns collector
5S-GE conversion

Let me know,
Nate

Playfortoday
05-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Do you plan on benching/testing the intake manifold?

MCcelica
05-29-2006, 05:09 PM
I'm +1 for a 6 speed. that'd kick ass. Make it strong enough to hold the power of a 5sfe WITH the turbo kit! Sweetness.

6strngs
05-29-2006, 05:51 PM
are those headers to fit both a 6th gen and a 5th gen with 5sfe?

BiscutWheels
05-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I will be testing any engine part I make. I can flow test them if you like. I was planning on dyno time for a stock intake at xx.xx A/F ratio and then my intake at the same xx.xx A/F ratio.

What about a gear ratio change that would fit the s-53 and s-54 trannies? Keep it a 5 speed but change gears 3 and 4 to match better to the power range of the 5S and 3S. Not have the change from 2 to 3 be co gappy? I need to tear apart one of my trannies to see what I can do about 6 speeds.

Nate

EDIT: yes the headers will fit both 5th and 6th generation 5S-FEs.

angryyoungnpoor
05-30-2006, 12:18 AM
If anything.. I'd like to see a longer 5th gear. As far as turboing, you don't want to be at 3k rpm at 65. Full boost going down the highway isn't always great on gas.

jaded_driver
05-30-2006, 05:10 AM
Make that 6-speed strong enough for a turbo 3SGTE flowing 400 ft lbs and i'm definatly in. Pricing... i'd be willing to pay over 2k for it :)

Let me know! jeremykjones2003@yahoo.com if you ever do this!

MrWOT
05-30-2006, 05:26 AM
I'd be fine with just a revised gear set rather then a 6spd, and I agree with Play, flow testing would be greatly appreciated.

BEAMS
05-30-2006, 08:55 PM
$675. A 5S-GE kit that is easy enough to make.
Thats sounds good. :bigthumbu

Playfortoday
05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
I will be testing any engine part I make. I can flow test them if you like. I was planning on dyno time for a stock intake at xx.xx A/F ratio and then my intake at the same xx.xx A/F ratio.

Flow testing would be needed to sell a decent quantity of these. I personally would not buy one unless it was done. Nothing at all against you personally or doubting your abilty to make a good product; but an AFR would only tell part of the story. One cylinder could be very lean while the other three are stoich or rich, nullifying a lean result from the problem runner unless you are lucky enough to be reading off the problem cylinder.

MrWOT
05-30-2006, 09:12 PM
AFR would only tell part of the story. One cylinder could be very lean while the other three are stoich or rich, nullifying a lean result from the problem runner unless you are lucky enough to be reading off the problem cylinder.

QFT :)

BiscutWheels
05-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Flow testing would be needed to sell a decent quantity of these. I personally would not buy one unless it was done. Nothing at all against you personally or doubting your abilty to make a good product; but an AFR would only tell part of the story. One cylinder could be very lean while the other three are stoich or rich, nullifying a lean result from the problem runner unless you are lucky enough to be reading off the problem cylinder.

Flow testing with numbers, no problem. Without flow testing, the design lends itself to almost no cylinder byasing, unlike the stock center feed log style manifolds. Let me get some things together and I'll start on a prototype so I can get it out to the flow bench.

Those who want a 6-speed tranny. Please tell me why you want 6 gears. Is it just to say you have 6 or is it for a practical reason, both?

So, a new gear set for the S-series trannies: more linear shifts for 1,2,3 and4 then a much taller 5, to take those who have turbos out of boost durring highway cruising.

Short shifters, are people still buying them from TWM. Again if I could make them for cheaper, what would you like to pay?

Nate

Playfortoday
05-31-2006, 12:50 AM
A six speed for the All-trac would be nice compared to the 30k alternative out there. It can bring us up to speed against the new guys. 1,2,3, and 4 short with a long 5th and 6th.:)

AznKlique
05-31-2006, 04:31 AM
I would love to see a kit out there, doesnt have to be complete, but something to help people do engine swaps more smoothly. Like all those damn missing parts when just ordering an engine and not a clip. Or a kit to convert an mr2 tranny for celicas.

I know people are going to say, find the parts yourself...blah blah.
But it would be convenient, wouldnt it?

MCcelica
05-31-2006, 08:02 AM
I agree with play. I'd rather have 1,2,3 and 4 short, with a 5 and 6 long. Mostly I want a 6 speed for cruising on the highway to save gas. I already try to upshift from 5th as it is, which obviously doesn't work. I would also like the 6 speed because I'd think it would keep me from having to buy new speakers... from turning the radio up to rediculous levels to cover up engine noise.

and TURBO!!! WOOT

ciento44
05-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Flow testing with numbers, no problem. Without flow testing, the design lends itself to almost no cylinder byasing, unlike the stock center feed log style manifolds. Let me get some things together and I'll start on a prototype so I can get it out to the flow bench.

Those who want a 6-speed tranny. Please tell me why you want 6 gears. Is it just to say you have 6 or is it for a practical reason, both?

So, a new gear set for the S-series trannies: more linear shifts for 1,2,3 and4 then a much taller 5, to take those who have turbos out of boost durring highway cruising.

Short shifters, are people still buying them from TWM. Again if I could make them for cheaper, what would you like to pay?

Nate

I'd like a 6-speed for highway use.... which is pretty much all of my 35 minute one way commute everyday. I don't mind the ratios of the current tranny, except for the gap between 2nd and 3rd. But 5th is just way too damn low, especially when the speed limit is 70mph on the highways here, which means i'm going to work at 80-85mph. Engine is SCREAMING at this point. Basically, i don't even care if anything is changed... but if i just had one higher gear, changing nothing else, i'd be pretty happy with that. And i'd also be looking for it to be able to handle a pretty good chunk of power from a 3sgte. :)

As for the short shifter... I'm willing to pay TWM prices. So, if you make them cheaper, i'd be even happier about that.

BiscutWheels
06-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Ok, here is the plan. I will start making the short shifters in the next few days along with the solid motor mounts (torque straps). I will also start on the 3S-GTE intake manifold, center feed (I need to prototype and test so that will take a little longer). The header for the 5S is almost done and then I will test it. Air intakes could be available as soon as June 12th.

As for the transmissions. I will need time to figure out gear ratios, space available in the stock transmission housing and materials needed for a 6-speed (this will take some considerable time). I can develope the gear ratios needed for linearizatoin of the S-53 and S-54 trannies by the end of the weekend and start getting quotes next week for cost of machining.

The kits for a GE conversion will take a little to get together and ready to sell. I will get working on that at the first of the week as well.

Ofcourse I will post pictures of everything with prices on a website. It will be a basic for starters cause of time constraints.

If there is anything else other than the body stiffening components that you would like to see soon, let me know. For the stiffening components I will need a Celica that has an unchanged unibody, straight and true to ensure proper fit for all. I'm pretty sure that mine is, but I don't want to take any chances. So if someone has this, email me.

Nate

Playfortoday
06-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Time for a Celicatech Banner/Sponsorship! :D

burnyd
06-01-2006, 08:00 PM
A front mount for celicas would be a great idea. although there easy to make if you clock the turbo right. another idea is a turbo back exhaust for swapped celis/alltracs. Another easy seller is the intake manifold.

KoreanJoey
06-01-2006, 09:31 PM
I'd have to say camber plates... been looking for months with no luck...

TEAMFaint
06-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Perhaps a 3 piece strut bar? I'm not sure if thats the correct term;but the design looks similar to this:

/_____\ If you catch my drift, if not Im sure I could post a picture or 2.

I also had another suggestion but I have blanked out so I'll post it later when I'm done work if I remember :hehe:

BiscutWheels
06-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Camber plates
Turbo-back exhaust
Exhaust for the 5S-FE to mate with the header?
Three peice strut bar (also known as a shock tower brace), I get the idea.
Short shifter

I'm adding all of these to the list and sticking them in where I can make them the easiest (least amount of development time, IE 6-speed tranny will take a 3-5 months to get a design ready to be sent out for quoting).

I will get prices up very soon.

Nate

6strngs
06-03-2006, 12:58 AM
Exhaust for the 5S-FE to mate with the header?
I'll take one of those and the header when you get 'em made! (and when I have the money :P )

BiscutWheels
06-03-2006, 03:13 AM
Play, let me know when the design is set and I will have a banner made for my shop and magnets/stickers made for tool boxes etc.

I'll also get something set up for my cars.

Nate

MCcelica
06-03-2006, 04:06 AM
I'll take one of those and the header when you get 'em made! (and when I have the money :P )

+1, and for the 6spd too. I have nothing but time for that. I'd need to save the $$ for a while. The headers and short throw too. Hell sign me up for one of everything, and I'll just send my whole paycheck straight to ya. Hahahaha.

FWD88GT
06-03-2006, 05:35 AM
Im up for solid motor mounts for a 3SFE. Also for a short shifter if I can get it cheaper than TWM.

Playfortoday
06-03-2006, 04:14 PM
If you ever get a site done, you should also consider purchasing a banner ad here just like TWM, ATS, Wolfkats, etc.

If you have a test mule, I'll send you stickers and stuff if we ever get the product line launched.

ScottGT-S
06-03-2006, 04:55 PM
this guy is my hero if he gets this done!
I will buy header + exhaust asap

lumbercis
06-04-2006, 06:09 AM
I think the 5sge conversion is badly needed. Right now there really arent many performance options for the 5sfe if you don't want to do an engine swap. And there must be literally tens of thousands of 5sfe's on the road. You'd have a unique product with a wide application. The only catch is that it would need to be priced very reasonably because the market is probably resticted to those who don't have the money for an engine swap or turbo. Basically, the bolt-on crowd. I would dyno test it and then price it similar to other mods that make the same power.

J.

Sean
06-04-2006, 06:35 AM
I have not read through this entire thread to see other peoples wants, because I'm selfish :hehe:

My needs, wants, traction, chassic stiffening, traction bars up front, clocking bracket for the CT-26, another FMIC alternative, intake manifold I suppose for the 3s, side feed, and it would have to be competitive with the RMR manifold that does OH so well.

Good luck Nate.

Sean
06-04-2006, 06:39 AM
I hope this actually materializes, hate getting our hopes up then having it fizzle out like usual, typical for the celica crowd.

Other things that just came to mind, a POLY bushing set.

As far as the transmission, come on guys, are you serious? Its just not practical to invest the time and money in the materials and labor for something like this for the Toyota Celica. The volumes would be entirely to low, and the price would be way to high for your typical CELICA owner, its just NOT a practical idea. You want longer gears (man do I MISS my shorter S-53 gears) switch out the mr2 tranny and be ready for a significant decrease in freeway rpm's, as well as a decrease in effective torque/speed.

MCcelica
06-04-2006, 02:06 PM
I think the 5sge conversion is badly needed. Right now there really arent many performance options for the 5sfe if you don't want to do an engine swap. And there must be literally tens of thousands of 5sfe's on the road. You'd have a unique product with a wide application. The only catch is that it would need to be priced very reasonably because the market is probably resticted to those who don't have the money for an engine swap or turbo. Basically, the bolt-on crowd. I would dyno test it and then price it similar to other mods that make the same power.

J.

Qft. That's my situation exactly. 5sFe with no money for a swap. Eventually I will, just not for the next couple years. I would love a 5sge conversion now that I think about it. I still think a 6spd would be sweet as hell though. If you need a test mule, I volunteer my car as long as the parts that I test I keep if they work! Joking of course.

lumbercis
06-04-2006, 07:26 PM
If you want a 6spd and more power, swap in a 2zz-ge from the 6th gen GTS celica or Matrix XRS. It's supposedly not an easy or straightforward swap (you may need to pay someone to do it) but it has alot of advantages once it's done. Dr Tweak on the 6gc boards said he could do it for $1000 labor.

extremeskillz
06-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Heres my sugestion,

Better torque converters for us auto guys who don't want manuels, sway bars, strut bars, big brake kits, transmission rebuld kit with better gear ratios, basically everything to cover us gt4, gt-s, st, gt, etc. Turbo upgrade and kits for 3sgte, 5sfe to 5sfte, and maybe a kit for the smaller engines. Offer turbo kits and superchargers, maybe in different stages like stage 1, 2, 3, etc....Anything.

extremeskillz
06-04-2006, 11:41 PM
also full exhaust for 5sfe.

lumbercis
06-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Why are you guys suggesting he spend the time on research and development for a bunch of stuff that already exists? How many exhausts do we need? New turbo kits would be okay, but are they going to offer something that ATS or KO racing don't already? Unless you are primarily talking about 5sfe stuff. There's alot of untapped market there I think.

Playfortoday
06-05-2006, 02:36 AM
If you want a 6spd and more power, swap in a 2zz-ge from the 6th gen GTS celica or Matrix XRS. It's supposedly not an easy or straightforward swap (you may need to pay someone to do it) but it has alot of advantages once it's done. Dr Tweak on the 6gc boards said he could do it for $1000 labor.

Dr. Tweak is from Celicatech.;)

Playfortoday
06-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Why are you guys suggesting he spend the time on research and development for a bunch of stuff that already exists? How many exhausts do we need? New turbo kits would be okay, but are they going to offer something that ATS or KO racing don't already? Unless you are primarily talking about 5sfe stuff. There's alot of untapped market there I think.

The point here is that we have just what you are saying... a couple of places to buy most 3sgte stuff. It would be nice to open up the market a bit and have more choices. If he is going to offer a centerfeed intake manifold that works as well as RMR, but costs less, I am down. Because right now, if I want a non-one-off racing intake manifold, what are my choices.... let's see? I can go with RMR or... um RMR? There are a lot of sound reasons to offer products that are already done. Match or beat on quality and price, and you do better business than your competitor. That is what makes open markets great.

Playfortoday
06-05-2006, 02:45 AM
Sean, sorry... we get center feed first.:D

Murgatroy
06-05-2006, 02:46 AM
Dr. Tweak is from Celicatech.;)
I knew Tweak from Corolla-Racing.com before CTech was even around. :hehe:

lumbercis
06-05-2006, 07:02 AM
That Tweak gets around

MCcelica
06-05-2006, 01:57 PM

Thanks. I'll PM him.

extremeskillz
06-05-2006, 05:30 PM
The point here is that we have just what you are saying... a couple of places to buy most 3sgte stuff. It would be nice to open up the market a bit and have more choices. If he is going to offer a centerfeed intake manifold that works as well as RMR, but costs less, I am down. Because right now, if I want a non-one-off racing intake manifold, what are my choices.... let's see? I can go with RMR or... um RMR? There are a lot of sound reasons to offer products that are already done. Match or beat on quality and price, and you do better business than your competitor. That is what makes open markets great.

I agree plus it would nice to have all parts doesn't matter what engine you have all on one site instead going searching all the web for parts.

BiscutWheels
06-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Here is the link to the development pictures thus far.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/nmilliso/

The exhaust header is for the 5S-FE and is an equal legnth 4-1. It WILL clear the alternator and it will have two choices of collector (regular dump or a Burns Merge). The Short shifter for the MKI MR2 is ready for shipping, at least those two are. The Air intake is a ram style and that is the general for it will take; however, it will be a little smaller in diameter to match the 5S-Fe throttle body (I use a 7M-GTE throttle body which will be a product I will sell).

I have to travel south to Va. and NC tomorrow for about a week. I will be starting production of the following products on June 19th.

Ram Air Intake
Cold Air Intake
Short Shifters
Solid Motor Mounts
EGR Block off Kits

If any is interested in buying these at that time please email me nmilliso@vt.edu . If anyone has access to a dyno, there will be discounts/refunds for dyno results sent to me of the before and after. Hope you guys like what you see.

Also, if you have anyquestions about parts, please email me.

Nate

For interest, the second wave of parts added to be produced will be:

5S-FE Header
5th generation Exhaust
Downpipes for the CT26 and CT20b

Playfortoday
06-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Nothin' there for us 185-ers. :( I already have a twm and turbo back exhaust.

BiscutWheels
06-08-2006, 04:29 AM
Ok, I'll start producing the reclocking bracket too in the first wave. The reclock will be variable. I will also push up the intake manifold build and testing for you turbo people as well.

Nate

6strngs
06-08-2006, 06:25 AM
I'm interested in the header. but, is the exhaust only for 5th gen, or will it fit on a 6th gen too? also, what size piping is it to be? one last question: does the header still have a cat so I can still pass CA emissions?

I'm also interested in the throttle body, and possibly; possibly the 5sge conversion when you get around to making those

MCcelica
06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm interested in the header. but, is the exhaust only for 5th gen, or will it fit on a 6th gen too? also, what size piping is it to be? one last question: does the header still have a cat?

+1

Playfortoday
06-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Will the intake manifold have all the stock mounting locations for sensors, etc? TVIS compatible or is it meant to replace it?

BiscutWheels
06-08-2006, 07:17 PM
6strings: Header will fit the 6th gen celica, I will need a 6th gen to make sure the exhaust fits or modify it as necessary. The piping will be 2.25" or 2.5" your choice, I would suggest that 2.25 will be plenty for N/A running. I can put a cat in the exhaust for those who want it, but it will not be in the same location as the primary cat on the stock manifold.

Play: The original design (the one I have now) will replace TVIS; however, I was thinking about a way to keep TVIS last night as I went to sleep. I have an idea for a slight variation to keep TVIS for the low end torque and keep high end flow. As for the stock mounting of sensors and vacuum lines, I will include any hardware/pipes/hoses necessary to relocate anything that might need to be relocated. The throttle body will be in the exact same place as the stock manifold so the top mount Air to Air or water to air can be reused.

Nate

Playfortoday
06-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Sweet. I am thinking I may want to lose TVIS just because I am taking on a big expense to run an aftermarket manifold. I would have to see dynos with and with out, but if I had to without dynos, I am leaning toward without. I am going to be running a gt28rs soon, so who knows.... maybe with. ARRRGGHHH-aaa-rrr-.... :pirate:

Cavanagh
06-09-2006, 06:04 AM
So will the catback exhaust for the 5gen fit use st 4afe users? what about the CAI? i hope cause i will buy some of that stuff it it fits the 4afe :)

MCcelica
06-09-2006, 07:42 AM
6strings: Header will fit the 6th gen celica, I will need a 6th gen to make sure the exhaust fits or modify it as necessary. The piping will be 2.25" or 2.5" your choice, I would suggest that 2.25 will be plenty for N/A running. I can put a cat in the exhaust for those who want it, but it will not be in the same location as the primary cat on the stock manifold.

You can ship them out to me. I'm less than 5 miles from a dyno. Also seeing as I am in Colorado I can get you an idea on how they work in higher altitude too. PM me if you want my address.

BiscutWheels
06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Cavanagh: Yes they will work for the 4A-FE. I will be making a set for both 5th gen engines and 6th gen engines.

Nothing: How much are you charged for dyno time? I have 2 dyno's close but not the connections to get the runs for cheaper than usual.

For all: I am located in Cols. Ohio for now, but in Virginia like I said taking care of some family isues. I will be back in town the weekend of the 17-18 of this month. If anyone wants to stop by and see what is going on or let me use their car for measurements or testing, please email me. nmilliso@vt.edu

Play: email me, we'll talk.

Nate

PhillyDRFT
06-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Haha just adding one more bump to see that intake manifold since you have been talking about it since Celica.net if i remember correctly! You look pretty busy with all of this stuff. :bigthumbu Looks good and im glad to see you making such a huge effort to the celica community its verry appriciated.

Cavanagh
06-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry, which will fit? the catback?

MCcelica
06-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I'll see if I can get hooked up there. I've been in there a lot because my buddy is doing a almost a complete rebuild of his car, they know me by name so, we'll see. Never thought to ask what they charge. I'll ask what their rate is, then try to see if I can work out something better, and I'll get back to you on that.

BiscutWheels
06-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Sorry, which will fit? the catback?

The catback will work.

Nate

Cavanagh
06-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks

MrWOT
06-11-2006, 09:48 PM
I just had a fantastic idea, how about a new alternator bracket that will move the damn thing AWAY from the exhaust manifold. It'd be easy to find a belt a few inches longer :)

BiscutWheels
06-12-2006, 03:23 AM
I will certainly add that to the list of products, along with extenstions for the wires if necessary.

Thanks,
Nate

MrWOT
06-13-2006, 01:10 AM
Sweet, let me know when the first one is done, I'll be your first buyer! Nothing worse then blowing a alt from heat :(

KoreanJoey
06-13-2006, 01:59 AM
BUMPEROO on CAMBER PLATES!

toyotatuner
06-13-2006, 02:59 PM
something i would definetly like would be a brake kit...including lines, caliper, disc, etc. instead of buying from different places. also suspension and the tranny rebuild kit would be pretty sweet. and how much are your shortshifters for the celica? do they fit all years?

KoreanJoey
06-14-2006, 06:22 AM
Camber plates????

NDMstang65
06-14-2006, 03:40 PM
(sorry guys a little ot)
Nate - Have you graduated from tech now? If you havent and you'll be back this fall i'm right down the road in Radford...

Anything that you might need help with i'm sure i could give you a hand.

-Nick

KoreanJoey
06-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Camber plates????

Come on... you know you want them...

MCcelica
06-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I can get a discount on a dyno if you get 'em out here pretty quick, my buddies swap is almost done.

BiscutWheels
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Nothing: What time frame are you talking about?

Nate

MCcelica
06-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Well, he's got the swap done. He's gotta take it to an exhaust shop to put his cat on, and he's pulling engine codes tomorrow. If the engine codes are nothing major he'll break it in first, then have 'em tune it. So I'm guessing probably a couple of weeks or so.

6strngs
06-23-2006, 07:11 AM
so have you started production of the first wave yet? I'm interested to know the price range you'll be asking for the CAI and the short shifter (price w/o the discount for having it dyno tested since I don't know of any nearby dynos)

BiscutWheels
06-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Cost sheet for the first wave:

Ram Air Intake: $125-$145 (depending on cost of Al at time of manufacturing)
Cold Air Intake: $215-$250 (depending on cost of Al at time of manufacturing)
Short Shifters: $85+/- (depending on year, not to exceed $100)
Solid Motor Mounts: $50+/- (depending on material you choose; mild or stainless)
EGR Block off Kits: $45 (as they used to be)
Re-clocking bracket (adjustable): $65+/-

Note: +/- indicates prices may vary slightly. Prices are based on current industry standards, to beat the standards. Motor mounts will be competely solid.

Nate

ScottGT-S
06-25-2006, 06:13 PM
sounds exciting, im interested to see the cold air intake, as well as though motor mounts.

6strngs
07-02-2006, 08:50 PM
any updates? I'll take one of those short shifters, and maybe the CAI

MCcelica
07-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Also, what's the story on those headers? It's getting close to go time for the engine tune.

suasa
07-05-2006, 08:36 AM
I would love to see a 5sge conversion kit, possibly with an option to get new rings and rod bearings at the same time for a complete engine refresh. I dont know. I would pay soem good cash for a 5sge kit.

masterww
07-06-2006, 02:08 AM
hmm count me in as well @!

BiscutWheels
07-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Nothing: The headers are fully designed and as the pictures show the prototype is 80% done. I don't think I will be able to ge them to you by the time he is tuning his engine. I also have the exhaust routing complete, but as with the headers, I don't think one will be ready in time for his tuning.

For everyone: Here is a link to the development as I have been making progress.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/nmilliso/Performance%20Theory%20Motorsports/

When you decide you want one of the following parts please email me at

ptmotorsports@hotmail.com

Short shifter
Air intake (ram or cold)
EGR block off kit
Solid motormounts
Re-clocking bracket

If there is something else you want tell me and I will hurry up production. Specific details of the header and exhaust system will be comming very soon.

Nate

Playfortoday
07-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Patiently waiting for awesome ST185 product line goodness.:D

NDMstang65
07-07-2006, 08:41 PM
soon as i get my camera cable rounded up i'll email you the pics and measurements you were wanting

-Nick

MCcelica
07-08-2006, 04:04 AM
Biscuit: That's cool. I still might be able to get a referral discount, but I'd have to check that first. I'll keep ya posted on that. Either way the max is like $50 (USD) for 3 runs, so it's not all that expensive anyway. I think if I can get a referral discount it could take it down to maybe $30 for 3 runs give or take.

elektrateq
07-08-2006, 08:23 AM
For everyone: Here is a link to the development as I have been making progress.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/nmilliso/Performance%20Theory%20Motorsports/

Nate

It's password protected...

bloodredgt
07-08-2006, 05:25 PM
5sgte rewired harness or 5sgte conversion. Rear strut tower bar and sway bars.

BiscutWheels
07-09-2006, 11:57 PM
elektrateq: Its fixed.

Blood: I will add it to the list and most likely it will come out with the 5S-GE conversion as they will be almost identical for the engine.

Nate

Cavanagh
07-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Could you consider a 4AGE conversion for us 4AFE users? please let me know when ur catback is going to be avliable. thanks.

BiscutWheels
07-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Cavanagh: I sure will let you know when it is ready.

Blood: I forgot to mention about the rear strut tower brace. Toyota was nice enough to build a rear strut tower brace in to the frame for us Coupe guys so we don't need one, I will be making one for those with the Hatch.

Nate

BiscutWheels
07-19-2006, 08:50 PM
OK, here is the time line for parts to be ready to sell (Prices are as stated below):

Tomorrow: 3 short shifters (1990 and 1991) GT, GT-S and ST
Monday: Solid motor mounts for the GT, GT-S and ST will be ready in mild steel, painted black. EGR blockoff kits will be ready for the GT and GT-S (ST will be ready Tuesday or Wednesday).

End of next week: Prototype Exhaust for GT and GTS. It will be a 2.5" cat-back. After a production run ~ $420.00. Also Short Ram Air Intakes will be prototyped for the GT and GT 1990-1993, painted to match stock color of your car or other general color (red, blue, green, black, yellow, white).

The re-clocking bracket is taking more time to develope than expected, mainly to produce a product that will be a true "bolt-on" for the customer.

Cost sheet for the first wave:

Ram Air Intake: $125-$145 (depending on cost of Al at time of manufacturing)
Cold Air Intake: $215-$250 (depending on cost of Al at time of manufacturing)
Short Shifters: $85+/- (depending on year, not to exceed $100)
Solid Motor Mounts: $50+/- (depending on material you choose; mild or stainless)
EGR Block off Kits: $45 (as they used to be)
Re-clocking bracket (adjustable): $65+/-

Note: +/- indicates prices may vary slightly. Prices are based on current industry standards, to beat the standards. Motor mounts will be competely solid.

Nate

Dan3312
07-19-2006, 10:10 PM
You put an amazing amount of work into this stuff. Good job. I'm currently doing a swap, but when I get a little money together I'll be getting a short throw from you so I can stop rowing the boat up the strip. hehehe

91 celica st
07-19-2006, 10:30 PM
hmmm motor mounts, i will be buying a set from you, will you be making any kind of poly kits like inserts or anything for motor mouns? or any kind of polyurathane kit for suspension?

1990CelicaGT-S
07-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Keep up the awsome work. I'll be getting the short shift from you definatly and probably some other things.

Morwan
07-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Front sway bar, I don't think anyone makes one.

hmmm motor mounts, i will be buying a set from you, will you be making any kind of poly kits like inserts or anything for motor mouns? or any kind of polyurathane kit for suspension?

A guy named kirkosaurus on mr2oc makes polyurethane inserts,here's a link to his website:
http://home.comcast.net/~kirkosaurus2/MR2_urethane_inserts.html

The 5SFE uses the same type of motor mounts, so the inserts should fit right in.

91 celica st
07-19-2006, 11:50 PM
yea but i would need them for a 4afe

ciento44
07-20-2006, 12:57 AM
I'll be rocking a set of those mounts this winter, thanks. :)

6strngs
09-02-2006, 03:08 AM
updates?

also, how about a 5sfe turbo kit? (though not $1500 like I previously stated :P)