PDA

View Full Version : Weight distribution

ciento44
05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm looking for somewhere that i can find stats on weight distribution of quite a few different cars. If anyone knows of a site they could link, that would be awesome.

If you want to help dig, here's a list:

BMW E36 M3
Supras from MKII to MKIV
3rd gen Celica
4th gen Celica
5th gen Celica
Fox boxy Mustang (1989-1993 series)
Current Mustang
Infinity G35 Coupe
Lexus IS300

Thanks in advance. :)

Dr.Auto
05-22-2006, 05:10 AM
why do you want to know this?

This is a variable setup precedure. I can change the weight distrabution of a car with tuning. All you need is a car scale to find out what the weight ditrbution is and adjust accordingly for your purpose.

ciento44
05-22-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm trying to figure out about what the worst, yet still driveable, and decently performing f/r ratio is for a rwd car...

I'm wanting to at least investigate the possibility of a rwd conversion on the coupe ( I know, i know, space constraints, and other huge issues) but if the weight distribution is going to make it a terrible performer due to traction, or whatever issues, then i won't even bother looking into it...

I've seen that vid of the GT4 RC Grp A with the twin turbo 1uzfe, converted to rwd, and that car just seems useless to me, although highly entertaining. I wouldn't be trying to do it with near as much torque though, which leads me to think that it may possibly not be a problem.

It's more of an idle curiousity thing, right now.

d1alltrac
05-23-2006, 05:51 AM
i know the e36 M3 is 50/50.....well actually 49.7/50.3 but you know.