PDA

View Full Version : dirt track celica #77

cmcustom
05-20-2006, 03:50 PM
i would like to update celicatech with my progress so far. about a year ago i bought a celica for $50 with a bad 1.6 . with a little advice from alltracman and dr. tweak i was able to swap a 2.2 in. finally after a year went by the season started and i struggled with the first four races mostly with tire problems/bad driving. then i tried a new technique and bingo, first place.since then i haven't finished less than third and have moved from fourteenth in points to challenging for fourth. thanx to all celicatech members who advised me along the way. thanx to luna and other founding members for creating this forum.i race in loxley, al., u.s.a. at deep south speedway in the stinger division, which is a 4 cyl. fwd bone stock division. i would love to see this sport grow so i would gladly answer any questions.one thing i will say that it is as much fun as one can have on a sat. night and the division i run is fairly inexpensive to start in.
p.s. i'm unable to post a pic due to file size.should a jpeg be 2 mb?

Murgatroy
05-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Grats man! I have been wondering how you have been doing. Glad to see a Celica as a contender. Out of curiousity, what other makes/modles do you compete against?

mtp_69_i
05-21-2006, 03:28 AM
i would like to update celicatech with my progress so far. about a year ago i bought a celica for $50 with a bad 1.6 . with a little advice from alltracman and dr. tweak i was able to swap a 2.2 in. finally after a year went by the season started and i struggled with the first four races mostly with tire problems/bad driving. then i tried a new technique and bingo, first place.since then i haven't finished less than third and have moved from fourteenth in points to challenging for fourth. thanx to all celicatech members who advised me along the way. thanx to luna and other founding members for creating this forum.i race in loxley, al., u.s.a. at deep south speedway in the stinger division, which is a 4 cyl. fwd bone stock division. i would love to see this sport grow so i would gladly answer any questions.one thing i will say that it is as much fun as one can have on a sat. night and the division i run is fairly inexpensive to start in.
p.s. i'm unable to post a pic due to file size.should a jpeg be 2 mb?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

made my morning, thanks bud.

cmcustom
05-21-2006, 06:29 PM
thanx, i took another first place win last nite.many models are represented 25 cars last night.competion #1 is my wife in a 96 ford probe then a couple of nissans and alot of saturns

cmcustom
05-21-2006, 11:16 PM
someone get with me about some stickers so i can represent celicatech.

vip09
05-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Wow, loxley.. that's 30minutes from me. Sounds like you are having a good time on the dirt track.

Playfortoday
05-23-2006, 07:36 PM
someone get with me about some stickers so i can represent celicatech.

I'll ask Colossus20v (member.php?u=32) for you. He has all our stickers.

Welcome aboard, man. I am glad we were able to help. Watch out for that alltracman78 though. Once he helps you out, he tends to want a "piece", if you know what I mean. He helped me last month with a laundry list of stuff I had to improve on my 92 ST185. I am grateful for his help, but his constant tries at grabbing my ass every time I bent over got pretty annoying. He does it by dropping something and asking you to pick it up for him.;)

Colossus20v
05-23-2006, 09:26 PM
I'll ask Colossus20v (member.php?u=32) for you. He has all our stickers.
Doc is still in charge of all the sticker sales. There is a link on the main page for any members to order from.

Play, and Cmcustom, pm's sent.

mtp_69_i
05-24-2006, 12:31 AM
hey I posted up about having a small white one sent over to Oz in the stickers for sale thread and never had a reply. Reckon you can sort one out for me Colossus?

cmcustom
05-25-2006, 01:02 PM
new update, i've moved up to third in points. vip09 you should come out one of these weekends .it's alot of fun.just look for the celica with the 77.we start about 7pm every sat.

fiveSFE
05-28-2006, 12:40 AM
you have any pics of ur celica in action?

cmcustom
05-28-2006, 09:19 PM
yes but when i try and post the filesize is always to big.any way i can compress?

Playfortoday
05-28-2006, 09:54 PM
You are trying to attach them. You need to resize the 640x 400 or may be 800x600 max.

You should load them in our photo gallery and remote link them.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/upload.php?&c=3

ciento44
05-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Make sure they're saved in JPEG, that usually takes a large amount off.

cmcustom
05-31-2006, 01:19 AM
i've added jpegs to celicatech gallery members rides, way too big though, i'll work on downsizing.

cmcustom
05-31-2006, 01:35 AM
heres some pics.

Playfortoday
05-31-2006, 01:38 AM
Awesome! You make us all proud. I want to know more!!!!

Punisher
06-03-2006, 12:40 AM
:bigthumbu :bigthumbu :bigthumbu