PDA

View Full Version : VW, keep revving cool guy

ty_44_69
05-19-2006, 05:42 AM
I was with my gf just getting out of the liquor store, I was waiting for this car to pass so I could go. It's a VW GTi approx. 2001, the guy gives me the biggest stare and revs his shitbox. Like don't get me wrong the guy did a good job and it looked nice but don't think your cool by revving the shit out of the thing.
Either way as he was revving I hear a loud pop.
My gf starts laughing but I didn't realize what happened, I look back and the guy stops his car gets out a pops the hood :lolhittin
I should of turned around and passed him slowly and revved mine ahaha but I figured the damage had already been done.
Well that's my story of the night

T-spoon
05-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Heh, that is amusing. His own humiliation was plenty I'm sure, you did the right thing not revving back :bigthumbu

alltracman78
05-19-2006, 02:23 PM
BUAHAHAHAHAHA
+1 for German engineering

T-spoon
05-19-2006, 02:25 PM
That reminds me of the intro movie to one of the Need for Speed games where a civic hatch pulls up next to a porsche and starts revving madly, breaks something and has smoke pouring out from under it and the porsche takes off. :hehe:

ciento44
05-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Time to unpimp za auto.

GRUMPY514
05-19-2006, 06:13 PM
What a german ricer.

His wire harness probally fried when he revved on you, knowing how great german cars electrical is ;)

mtp_69_i
05-20-2006, 09:06 AM
^no...?

that's some funny shit ty. No one revs at me :( my shit is so stock I reckon they must think I'm a 50yr old hairdresser :laugh: (tints make me invisible :bigthumbu )

MCcelica
05-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Nobody revs at me either, but I do have a lot more trucks trying to race me than anything else. Not to threadjack but does this happen to anyone else?

Azzazzyn
05-20-2006, 12:37 PM
ha, only things that rev on me are american muscle, and unfortunatly, i'm not puttign out any kind of hp to tango with them

T-spoon
05-20-2006, 01:39 PM
People get their backs up at the 94 all the time. It's very rare that anybody wants to do anything with the mrS.

ciento44
05-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Nobody revs at me either, but I do have a lot more trucks trying to race me than anything else. Not to threadjack but does this happen to anyone else?

Yep, happens here. Usually hillbillies in old rusted out F150s, which are no problem for even a stock 5th gen.

Cavanagh
05-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Man how dumb would you feel if you were that guy?

RockStarZeus
05-21-2006, 08:22 AM
I have the opposite problem...ricers tryin to take on my chevy

HAHAHAHAHA

It's about as aerodynamic as a brick and heavy too but if ya got enough power you can make amything fast

lol

MCcelica
05-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Well, I can understand if you have a fast truck. I mean I got raped like a week ago by one of those ram's with a hemi. I was hangin through 1st and 2nd, but once I was halfway through 3rd I looked up and the guy is waving and mouthing the words "Bye-bye". Then he took off like I wasn't even moving. I wanted to cry...And then swap in the 3s. Hahaha

RockStarZeus
05-21-2006, 09:42 AM
There was a guy running a Chevy 3500 HD w/ a duramax diesel at the drags that was running high 13's. He was boosting the crap outta that thing tho. The turbo sounded like a friggin jet engine. lol

mtp_69_i
05-21-2006, 12:38 PM
check this out

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/diesel/3/00C26E10-2B14-4CE7-B9BB-734669FD8FF4.htm

:owned:

NDMstang65
05-21-2006, 04:32 PM
after a buddy of mine tuned his f-550 6.0l it'l up and leave one of the new supercharged colbalts lol :)

funny stuff

Blackcloud
05-21-2006, 05:18 PM
after a buddy of mine tuned his f-550 6.0l it'l up and leave one of the new supercharged colbalts lol :)

funny stuff

like ive been saying all along.... trucks are fast as fuck if you throw a few mods into them

but anyways, yesterday i was driving down to get a check for my stock wheels and some mexican in some old ass jacked up ford truck with no muffler pulled up next to me while i driving then started doing it again after i dusted him and he cought up at the light... made me giggle :hehe:

Punisher
05-21-2006, 05:30 PM
omfg that truck was INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

convertiblechick
05-22-2006, 05:32 AM
I was in traffic bout 2 wks ago with the top down and this jerk behind me in a honda was revving his engine like mad. I just turned up my radio and paid him no attention. I was waiting for him to blow a gasket or crack the head but no such luck. I wanted to crack his head :lolhittin

ciento, If I still had my F150 I wouldn't have done that. My truck woulda fallen apart. It was 18 yrs old :puke:

ty_44_69
05-22-2006, 07:35 PM
unrelated but,
I just got a ticket today for doing 110 kmh in a 80. I was in a group of 4 cars and I was in the back. Bitch pulled me over and was like why were you going so fast, I said "I didn't even realize it because I was just following the pack" she said everyone else was doing 90........what a cunt can't believe it. What a way to ruin a long weekend. How could I of been going that much faster when I was following them for the longest time with cruise locked in and a safe gap? They didn't hit there brakes either, so I know I'm wrong but still, she probably just pulled me over because I'm a young kid with "RIMS"........I think they should be charged for being for being preduice, and driving with one hand a shooting people with a radar gun.

RockStarZeus
05-22-2006, 08:11 PM
unrelated but,
I just got a ticket today for doing 110 kmh in a 80. I was in a group of 4 cars and I was in the back. Bitch pulled me over and was like why were you going so fast, I said "I didn't even realize it because I was just following the pack" she said everyone else was doing 90........what a cunt can't believe it. What a way to ruin a long weekend. How could I of been going that much faster when I was following them for the longest time with cruise locked in and a safe gap? They didn't hit there brakes either, so I know I'm wrong but still, she probably just pulled me over because I'm a young kid with "RIMS"........I think they should be charged for being for being preduice, and driving with one hand a shooting people with a radar gun.

That sux. I once got pulled over in upstate NY for doing 62 in a 55 zone. The cop actually gave me a ticket for 7mph over the speed limit. :squint: And I got pulled over like a month ago in my truck and the cop said my licence plate light was out. I got out of the truck and looked and there it was, shining brightly. So I showed the cop and she just went right on running my licence and registration. :thumbsdow They can be such assholes sometimes.

PS-You live anywhere near Kingston? Used to go up there and drink all the time when I was stationed in NY.

GRUMPY514
05-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Sucks ass everbody and their grandmothers revv and me. Sedans Coupes

American
German
Jap.
Aussie

Alll sorts.

mtp_69_i
05-23-2006, 12:29 AM
I haven't had a ticket for two years. Last one I got was where I pulled out of a car park and tromped it, was pulling hard away from the oncoming traffic but this schmuck behind me started honking anyway (he was never gonna hit me). Right behind him was a cop... bad luck.

The funny shit is this cop is raving at me; that's the most dangerous driving I've seen in 10yrs of policing!! RARARA...

I laughed and said, can we hurry this shit up, I'm sposed to be at the airport in 30min. True story, was going on holiday with my missus but a mate of mine scored a new job that morning. He needed to stop off at the store to get some steel caps I pulled out of the car park in a hurry and the rest, is history.

cliffs: helping out a mate, freaked out a cop, fuck da police

MCcelica
05-23-2006, 01:37 AM
I got pulled over a couple years ago, which is my most recent ticket (knock on wood). I was doing exactly the speed limit in the slow lane when I came up on a grandma going under the limit, which was 55mph. So I jump over to the left lane to pass her when this gold chevy minivan comes flying up on my ass. Rather than be a jerk I sped up just a little so I could get out of the way, and the guy was tailgating me so close I couldn't see his headlights in my rear view. As I came up to an overpass my radar detector started going off and I looked up and there's this cop on the overpass clocking people. Before I could even slow down (I was doing 59 in a 55 zone) the lights lit up. I thought to myself, "Ohh man, that guy is going to get NAILED for speeding AND tailgating!" Next thing I know this cop is behind ME. So I pull over and he tries to give me a ticket for 68 in a 55! I'm like no friggen way man, so I asked him how come he didn't pull over the van for speeding 59 in a 55 AND tailgating instead of pulling me over, to which he replied "Because you were in front. Plus all you white boys all think you're the fast and the furious". I fought it on grounds of racial profiling because the cop was hispanic and said that to me. Just FYI, the racial profiling card does NOT work in court if you're white. So $150 later I'm still quite bitter about it in case you couldn't tell.

ciento44
05-23-2006, 03:15 AM
That sux. I once got pulled over in upstate NY for doing 62 in a 55 zone. The cop actually gave me a ticket for 7mph over the speed limit. :squint: And I got pulled over like a month ago in my truck and the cop said my licence plate light was out. I got out of the truck and looked and there it was, shining brightly. So I showed the cop and she just went right on running my licence and registration. :thumbsdow They can be such assholes sometimes.

PS-You live anywhere near Kingston? Used to go up there and drink all the time when I was stationed in NY.

As did I. Kingston, Montreal, Toronto.

You were stationed in Fort Drum, i assume....

RockStarZeus
05-23-2006, 03:35 AM
Yup, 710th MSB.

ciento44
05-23-2006, 04:03 AM
Yeah... i just moved to Indy from Potsdam.