PDA

View Full Version : I want some new wheels!! got any ideas?

kinkinkin321
01-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey fellas

I wanna get some new wheels for my st185 it is a white car and i was thinking of some dark gold 17's or polished ones

I realy want som ideas on brands and which ones look good so What do youz recon?

let me know what you think , and yeah i hope to not spend any more than 1200 i am poor after the puchase of the car but hey those stocky 14s look so pov!!

what width and offset can the st185 jap import fit??

kenshin
01-10-2005, 05:36 AM
whats ur budget and where u from? i think all celicas 5th gen and up use the same wheels. the pcd is the same as wrx so if ur lookin for 2nd hand firesport might be the way to go since they regularly have some 2nd hand wheels that came off a wrx stock or maybe aftermarket. id get like racing harts i cant remember which model but they would look pretty nice on a 5th gen with abit of lowering

Aust162
01-10-2005, 07:41 AM
the pcd is the same as wrx so if ur lookin for 2nd hand firesport might be the way to go since they regularly have some 2nd hand wheels that came off a wrx stock or maybe aftermarket.

yeah i 2nd that :bigthumbu Start looking for wheels to suit WRX's. there's a big market out there for aftermarket wrx rims. i think you may need spacers to get some rex wheels to fit thou..not 100%
i'd look for something 17" x 7 or 7.5 wide.

Check Ebay for rims too :D

Classique71
01-10-2005, 11:09 AM
wrx rim = +35 offset

Celica Gt4 - +38 offset

be careful you could have fouling issues on the fronts in particular with rex rims - Check before you buy!

Otherwise - CLG on toymods has some Zepters for sale - Dunno what youll get for 1200 but you can alsways ask

there was a set of oz racing 16 inch rims on toymods not long ago ( the 5 spone WRC style ) at 1200 dollah but youd need tyres

My new 16's and goodyear eagles cost a shade over 2 grand all up - So you might also want to consider saving your dollah for new ones

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
01-10-2005, 11:19 AM
actually stu you have that wrong. wrx rims are closwer to 45+

All rims from eery celica and some camry's will fix the celica, they all share the same 5x100pcd and 38+ offset.

wyldie got a steel with those 17x8 dunlops going for sale at importbitz, bastard!

Wyldie
01-11-2005, 10:05 AM
yes yes I did.. HAHAHAA

kinkinkin321
01-12-2005, 11:22 AM
:bigthumbu

Hay Thats good news about the wrx rims fitting that will open up a lot of options!!

so do i need spacers for the wrx rims? or will they just fit im am bit confused
sorry

Thanks for the info people

Safe Driving to you all

Nick

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
01-12-2005, 11:31 AM
although the wrx rims fit... don't go there!

The offset they use just isn't for out cars, you'll be cursing yourself for buying them.

Your only bet is to find someone who is selling a pair off there car 'highly unlikely' import some 2nd hand from rice land 'expensive and why?' or buy brand new... you might have to go the latter.

ROH have a complete catalogue, and have offsets available for the GT4 (17x7 +32 offset is good, wide enough to fit 215/45 tires on) or you can get a wider rim like wyldie (17x8 with +38 offset, will be just about a perfect fit, and large enough to almost run 245/34 tires.... wootage, and overkill)

They choice is yours. I beg you, do not buy wheels off a WRX.

ALSO.... on the topic of spacers, they are illegal in most states of australia, unless they are proper wheel adapters (spacers is a metal 'spacing' plate, an adapter has new studs on the spacer) keep this in mind.

Jaemus
01-12-2005, 12:34 PM
man i wouldnt use a metal spacing plate and only have the nuts on by a couple of threads
thats suicide

Aust162
01-21-2005, 04:33 AM
hey guys, just today my mate is looking to sell off his 17's off a subaru libery rs (91mdl).
they are the d2000 gold rims you see on ebay. the measurements are 17x7. 5x100 pcd and 45mm offset.

these won't fit my 4th gen will they?? the pcd is right,but the offsets is the problem. can someone explain to me how the offsets is measured?,and tell me where it will most likely rub, for example.. inside - (strut tower), outside (wheel arches), front or back wheels etc..

also the tyres are on the rims are eagle f1's 215/45's. (pretty sure its 45,might be 40.
my car is lowered 30mm too.

cheers :)

roman
01-21-2005, 04:42 AM
Here you go man, read all you want on the geometry of the wheel.

http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

That should tell you what the difference between +45mm offset and +35mm offset is. Basically it would mean that the wheel is 10mm further inside the fender.