PDA

View Full Version : 5th gen ST transmission

creech_r
05-10-2006, 03:14 AM
I'm going to be dropping my transmission due to a throw-out bearing failure. I've been having issues with 3rd gear anyways (chunks everyonce and a while, most of the time while downshifting). While it could be bleeding issues and clutch drag; I'm thinking it might be the syncro. Not knowing for certain, can i just purchase a syncro for my tranny from toyota? I just tore apart a rwd manual and this would be a more fun project than that.

i have my cbr600, so i'm not pressed for a mode of transportation currently. Just curious how that's done. It probably comes in a kit of syncros doesn't it

Dr Tweak
05-10-2006, 03:23 AM
Hmmm, yeah I think you can order a new synchro from Toyota. They don't have a kit that has everything, so you'll want to look at the different seals, shims, and so on that you're going to want to replace while you're at it.

-Doc

creech_r
05-10-2006, 03:26 AM
i'm pretty new to stuff like this, what would you suggest i get, i know there's most likely a gasket involved, i've never torn into a transaxle though. not even 100% sure how this particular one is put together (haven't looked at the a book yet either, just came up with an idea to tear it apart for ex credit for my currently transmissions class).

creech_r
05-10-2006, 03:35 AM
is partznet down? not working on three different browsers that i've tried, it might be blocked by something via the school i'm at.

alltracman78
05-10-2006, 03:50 AM
Try www.1sttoyotaparts.com (http://www.1sttoyotaparts.com)
They're cheaper.

creech_r
05-10-2006, 05:18 AM
they don't have it under manual transaxle, sadly.

alltracman78
05-10-2006, 02:11 PM
So call them.....