PDA

View Full Version : Pfft, who BUYS welders these days!

Elliott
01-09-2005, 02:29 AM
This is what happens when you dont check if the bonnet clears the battery terminals after doing an intake mod :)

http://www.geocities.com/erolit/toasty.jpg

Elliott :D

ROME
01-09-2005, 03:32 AM
:slap:

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
01-09-2005, 04:15 AM
holy shit!

EvilSpeeder
01-09-2005, 04:21 AM
LOL. Wow!

Keyroo
01-09-2005, 04:32 AM
noob :P

Aust162
01-09-2005, 07:21 AM
Sorry Elliot, but thats rediculous! :thumbsdow
My mate did the exact same thing to his mazda 626 turbo when he changed the intake and put a pod filter on. He killed his battery and fried the Alternator.
Hopefully u were lucky? :)

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
01-09-2005, 08:26 AM
May i just say one thing..... thats what you get for assing a job.

Elliott
01-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Nope, it all works tip top :P:P

Elliott

Beej
01-09-2005, 08:53 AM
*shakes head in dismay*

Jaemus
01-09-2005, 09:59 AM
lol
shows you just how much juice those batteries have

Keyroo
01-09-2005, 09:37 PM
i saw telling elliot, i was halfway through my intake mod and had to go see my ex gf in castlemain, i tied the batter ydown and on the way there the rope snapped when i was taking a corner at 130 under full throttle, the battery fell over and shorted, was hella scarey coz the power starting being intimitant so the tail started fish tailing, the guages were going nuts and all the lights were flashing , i'm like oh shit,, got it under control and pulled over, did some super dooper maguiver stuff with sticks, bark and an old jumper, got me back to melbourne ok till i could finish it off hehe

the best ghetto fix was on teh way to mt buller when my air con ceased up and i had to get a new belt and tension it bypassing the air con, unbolted the bottom half of the alternator and wedged a stick under it to tension it, drove the rest of teh way to buller and all the way back home, no worries :P

Trance4c
01-09-2005, 10:44 PM
i saw telling elliot, i was halfway through my intake mod and had to go see my ex gf in castlemain, i tied the batter ydown and on the way there the rope snapped when i was taking a corner at 130 under full throttle, the battery fell over and shorted, was hella scarey coz the power starting being intimitant so the tail started fish tailing, the guages were going nuts and all the lights were flashing , i'm like oh shit,, got it under control and pulled over, did some super dooper maguiver stuff with sticks, bark and an old jumper, got me back to melbourne ok till i could finish it off hehe

the best ghetto fix was on teh way to mt buller when my air con ceased up and i had to get a new belt and tension it bypassing the air con, unbolted the bottom half of the alternator and wedged a stick under it to tension it, drove the rest of teh way to buller and all the way back home, no worries :P

your crazy man! lol.. nice work :bigthumbu

Rayme
01-09-2005, 11:03 PM
My bet is that you don't have the protector of the positive terminal anymore?

like 50% of used car don't have them either !

Elliott
01-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Lol rayme, lemme guess - your a scientest? :D:D

The terminal did actually have a thin protector, but it must have shorted through a hole in it because the entire thing was melted down and burnt to a crisp over the terminal.

Elliott

kenshin
01-10-2005, 05:33 AM
crapholio that would fkd but how does adding a air filter change the possie of the battery unless u relocated it??

Classique71
01-10-2005, 07:43 AM
I held my rear swaybar on the car on a LONG trip home with an addidas Shoelace ..

cable ties didnt cut it after the mount parted with the Strut

pics are available if needs be

Aust162
01-10-2005, 07:55 AM
crapholio that would fkd but how does adding a air filter change the possie of the battery unless u relocated it??

Yeah, its called the "straight intake mod". u end up putting your battery where your airbox use to be.If you have a GT4 you should do it!
there a write-ups about it here floating around.. :D

Keyroo
01-10-2005, 08:49 AM
a am maguiver :P hahah, for my next trick i'm gonna make a bong out of an avacado and an oven ignitor :P

Jaemus
01-11-2005, 07:48 AM
go maguiver!!!!! yeah!!!!

Beej
01-12-2005, 10:48 AM
go maguiver!!!!! yeah!!!!

his names jack o'neil now and hes on stargate :|

ronin
01-12-2005, 12:20 PM
a am maguiver :P hahah, for my next trick i'm gonna make a bong out of an avacado and an oven ignitor :P

lemme know when you have it rigged up man.. sounds like somethign im interested in seeing.. could be funny.

wost i have ever done is i had to use a crow bar to remove my altinator when it went.

Jaemus
01-12-2005, 12:27 PM
yeah but in stargate he rarely builds explosives using only toenail clippings and used vacuum cleaner filters