PDA

View Full Version : Considering 7th gen GTS

TheNefariousOne
05-09-2006, 05:40 AM
I have a job that will allow me to afford payments + insurance and I'm feeling the itch for something newer and nicer than my 92 ST. Soo I have a few simple questions:

1.) I found an 01 GTS for sale at a local used car lot for $10,950 with ~48k on the clock. Think I could talk them down to 10 flat or is that gonna be tough given the mileage?

2.) Think I'd be able to get $1000 for a trade in on my 92 ST? It runs fine, just some minor stuff wrong: trunk is slightly messed up, passanger side lock doesn't work from the outside, passanger fender and bumper are dented and bent, spoiler is messed up (LED cover partially missing + left side is broken but held down by a second screw run up through it), some interior pieces missing (tho I may pick them up tomorrow), and last but not least, it has the dreaded power steering leak. So what do you think?

3.) What could I expect to pay for insurance as a 20 year old male living in the good ol city of Philadelphia on an 01 GTS?

4.) Would my bank give me a loan for 10k with a cosigner?

I have NO experience with financing cars or buying from a dealer at all, so that's why I'm asking these stupid questions.

Thanks peopleeee,

TNO

aballz
05-09-2006, 06:44 AM
1) You can definitely talk them down at least a little bit, just use the kbb price and stick with it.

2) Forget the trade in, it's not worth it. Use your ST as a daily commute or when you go to areas where you're unsure of the safety of your new car.

3) Are you insured currently under your parents?

4) I'm unsure of this one but i'm sure the car dealer and bank would love to earn some interest off of you!

Kingsoup
05-09-2006, 12:16 PM
If you are under 20, hold off on the fancy car for a little while.

Make sure your job is nice and secure, or perhaps you want to do something else with your life and don't want to be saddled with expensive insurance and car payments?

Just something to think about. Dont' make the same mistake I did buying a Mk3 Supra Turbo when I really shouldn't have.

aballz
05-09-2006, 08:31 PM
I'd also have to agree with Kingsoup on that.