PDA

View Full Version : Aussie call out

mtp_69_i
05-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Any aussies heard of Meridian Motorsport in Melbourne? I heard they're doing 2zz-ge conversions, isn't that a tasty idea?

140kw (stock) at the crank and the option of fitting a 6spd gearbox maybe...

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's dealt with them at all.

ronin
05-09-2006, 12:58 PM
never heard of them mate.. but yes it would be an interesting conversion.. what are they meant to be putting it into? 4th 5th or 6th? and how much are they charging cause DAMN that would be alot of work!

mtp_69_i
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
i might have got it wrong, I heard about them via an aussie celica forum (toymods) and hit the web page. At the moment their info is pretty thin but I'm waiting for an email back from them. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

robbie
05-11-2006, 12:15 AM
sounds interesting.. Heh I havent been to celicatech for AGES! Doesnt seem anyone else really has either..

ronin
05-17-2006, 09:28 AM
nah man.. still a few aussies on here.. but they just dont use this forum much.. it is a tech site so its not a problem.

Blackcloud
05-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Kangaroos!!! :runaway:

mtp_69_i
06-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Hey guys,

I never heard anything concrete back fromthe Meridian people. Looking a bit harder at their website, I reckon the kits are just upgrade packs for the 7th gen celicas. Too bad.

On another front, I'm on the edge of doing a deal with this guy in NSW (I'm in Adelaide) for his wrecked 4th gen with 3SGE. The car looks alright, was only a rear end crash, but is written off due to so pretty nasty structural/unibody damage.

The car is only $500 and the reason I'm interested is that he's got receipts (that I've got copies of) for a full engine and gearbox rebuild exactly 2 years ago. It also had some front end work and comes with the usual extractors, 3' exhaust etc.

It'll cost me about $600 to truck it here (door to door) so it's an $1100 gamble as to whether it ends up being swapable and worth my while. I can part it out if it goes bad but the swap will likely cost me abit unless I can hook up with a mate here to help me do the engine in/out bit.

Am I crazy? Should I just wait for a 3sge to turn up in SA? I'm looking at replacing the clutch, timing belt and water pump very soon if I don't swap, which would cost me a good $1200 at the mechanic anyway.

This way works for me cos I can keep my 3sfe and box and maybe play around wit hit a bit and get some experience with rebuilding etc.

Let me know what you think.

here's a link to the car http://www.ozcelica.com/deltaforum/index.php?showtopic=3900&hl=